• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV What are you currently watching?

Years
  • I just finished watching Sophia last night.

I was always interested in the life of Zoe Sophia Palaiologina, especially the legend of the golden library that she and her family supposedly escaped to Italy with during the Fall of Byzantine Empire to the Ottomans. So I checked out this fictionalized account.

This series is very loosely based on history, and gets more and more fantasized as it goes on, but it was still kinda fun. I like how the part with the Tartar invasions was handled, and also think the dream sequence Sophia has regarding her daughter was very beautiful. Some of the politics between the two churches was worthwhile. Though the character of Laura the maid is invented, I did like her plotline.

Even though Sophia was a very influential woman of her day, sometimes she's a little too fiesty I have to say, shooting crossbows, interrupting conversations with foreign ambassadors and slapping men. This seems more like a character of the 21st century than the 15th. Paradoxically, sometimes they suddenly write Sophia too wide-eyed, like when she hides key to the royal treasury under the needlework, or that thing she does when the maniac is chasing her that every horror movie warns you not to.

All that being said, it's still entertaining enough for what it is.

Years
  • Pokémon Sun and Moon Ultra Adventures

I am also about to begin the series A Discovery of Witches, I read the books several times and am looking forward to seeing how the show is

I can confirm the show is really good! Excited to see what you thought of it.

I've finally caught up on Moon Knight but other than the usual anime suspects, I've only really been watching things like Taskmaster and such.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I started watching Better Call Saul like two weeks ago, but because of uni stuff I haven't been able to watch past episode 1 until today.

Also I've been keeping up with Moon Knight, and I think it's pretty good?? Def one of the best MCU series so far, even though I might still think Loki was better.
    Gonna spoiler some thoughts below, just in case. It's not really plot stuff, just a concern of mine.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I started watching Better Call Saul like two weeks ago, but because of uni stuff I haven't been able to watch past episode 1 until today.

Also I've been keeping up with Moon Knight, and I think it's pretty good?? Def one of the best MCU series so far, even though I might still think Loki was better. I'm a bit worried about the final episode, though, since Marvel has yet again run into the problem of leaving 50000 sub-plots to close in the final episode.

Better Call Saul is a great show, especially with context of Breaking Bad.

However it is a very slow burn.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Better Call Saul is a great show, especially with context of Breaking Bad.

However it is a very slow burn.
    Yea I've been told it was really slow at times, which I can definitely can see, even though I'm just 5 episodes in. I already tried watching it before (after I finished watching Breaking Bad, actually, which I loved, by the way), and wasn't able to pick it up past the point I'm currently in, so this is the second chance I'm giving the show. And to be quite honest, I'm really glad I didn't pick it up again from episode 5 and started watching it from the begining instead, because there's some really good attention to detail I couldn't notice at first.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Futurama (re-watch / gap-filling, never realised they revived it after the movies), Luke Cage (re-watch, did Daredevil 1&2 and Jessica Jones 1 before Netflix lost them, resumed a month later), Moon Knight, Peaky Blinders (haven't got round to the finale), People Just Do Nothing. Revisited a few old Family Guy episodes too. Intend to get to Russian Doll S2 and Pacific Rim: The Black S2 soon (sadly it seems like the latter is the end?).

Futurama so far is definitely weaker as time goes on, particularly in them cutting up the movies into episodic form - I hope someone at Disney+ decides to put them back together again at some point. A site gag in "Bender's Game" with the Professor and a boomerang got one of the most audible laughs I've made in weeks!
    I absolutely loved Luke Cage S2 at the time of release, probably helped by the fact that summer 2018 had heat like what I'd experienced on visits to New York. Upon a rewatch...love it still! If I had a choice of resurrecting one of the 'Netflix Marvel' series to continue, it would be this. Leaves the main character in the most interesting place (although I never watched Iron Fist 2 or JJ 3). Bushmaster is great too, his pastel suits are a necessary atonement for the state of Diamondback at the end of S1.

Years
  • I watched the first episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi, which was far, far, more enjoyable than I'd feared, then watched the first 7 movies episodes of Stranger Things 4 before my NF sub ran out.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Not bad, but I fear it is bound for disaster like The Book of Boba Fett earlier this year. Like that series, it has its moments and a likeable, reliable lead actor, but the rest is... questionable. I'm especially pissed at what they did with the Inquisitors, seeing as the Star Wars: Rebels incarnations of the characters were some of my favourites.

Only time will tell, but I'm not very enthusiastic for the next few episodes.

Years
  • Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Not bad, but I fear it is bound for disaster like The Book of Boba Fett earlier this year. Like that series, it has its moments and a likeable, reliable lead actor, but the rest is... questionable. I'm especially pissed at what they did with the Inquisitors, seeing as the Star Wars: Rebels incarnations of the characters were some of my favourites.

Only time will tell, but I'm not very enthusiastic for the next few episodes.

I have the same fears tbh, but I do feel somewhat more positive than I did after the first couple of Boba episodes at least 🤞

Years
  • With the release of Disney+ in my country, I finally gave The Mandalorian (2019) a chance. And it's probably the first piece of Star Wars cinematography that I'm enjoying since Disney got hold of the franchise.

Also decided to watch The Witcher (2019), but it was pretty uninteresting so far and even managed to make cool moments from books boring.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Welp, Obi-Wan Kenobi managed to bore both my mom and I to near-death, so to perk up, we're rewatching The Bad Batch. It's such a charming show! Sometimes, I feel that animated Star Wars stuff is better thought out than all of these live-action shows - yes, maybe even The Mandalorian starting from its second season.

Omega is baby. I also pretty much like all the Batchers (sans Crasshair who's no longer in the team), but my absolute favourite is Echo for being the "warrior gentleman" of the group. (Ergo, my type. Now I understand why I took to PLA!Ingo so fast - they're very much alike in some ways! 💖)

Last edited:
    Back