• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you guys' worst fears/phobia

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I have a lot of fears, like getting myself in pain, stress, trouble, and (sigh) opening cans. Last time I opened a can, it was a horrible time. Ugh.

I'm also afraid of touching roaches, because they're ridiculously icky, and when they touch me, it stings a bit. I'm also afraid of spiders, many arthropods, and, pathetically, even butterflies, for some reason. Somehow I'm not afraid to touch ticks, but I'm afraid of the idea of getting bitten by one.

I have a acrophobia, slight nociphobia (a fear of pain, which is a word I made up, arachnophobia, brontophobia, and many more phobias. I also have trypophobia.

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    As a kid, it was fireworks.

These days it's knowing the answer to this question.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    i'm not good at being in crowds, something about that just makes me look over my shoulder every 10 seconds or so

i guess it's not exactly a debilitating phobia like with some people (and, say, spiders) but yeah...

Years
    I really don't have any of the normal fears like spiders, snakes, heights, darkness and all of that. My biggest fear is getting Dementia/Alzheimer's. I saw my Grandmother deteriorate so bad that she lost all hope and finally committed suicide because of this dreadful disease.

Sirfetch’d

Spiders. I have very few fears or phobias but spiders are the one thing that I cannot handle. If one gets near me at all I begin to panic and sometimes even feel faint.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    My worst fear is trypophobia, and getting any bad skin diseases in general. If you don't know what trypophobia is, or if you're a kid, DO NOT look it up. The images can get inappropriate, and it's the worst thing to ever bear witness to.

I think it's really hard, if even possible, for it to develop naturally but I'm completely scarred by the images. I hate anything that looks like a cluster of circles/insect hives.

Years
    Height phobia.
    Also, i really have a problem with doctors and hospital... I don't know why, by I am really nervous and anxious when I visit them.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    wasps man. those little shits have nothing to lose.
    that and headphone cords, i can't sleep if one is on my bed. i always just feel like some how i'm going to strangle myself with it.

Height phobia.
    Also, i really have a problem with doctors and hospital... I don't know why, by I am really nervous and anxious when I visit them.

This is me to an extent too. I dunno why but I'm especially nervous around heart monitors, my heart rate will almost always be high when I have to get my blood pressure taken. The nurse at my doctor's office always comments on it and I wish she wouldn't haha. She should already know I get nervous around them but she always repeats the same, "wow your heart rate is high" thing each time. No please.

Years
    This is me to an extent too. I dunno why but I'm especially nervous around heart monitors, my heart rate will almost always be high when I have to get my blood pressure taken. The nurse at my doctor's office always comments on it and I wish she wouldn't haha. She should already know I get nervous around them but she always repeats the same, "wow your heart rate is high" thing each time. No please.
    I have the exact same problems haha.
    I don't know...
    I feel somehow ashamed.
    A 18 years old boy has a doctor and hospital phobia... Lol.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    All of my fears and greatest scares are more or less caused by mild paranoia to begin with, and with that being said, here's some of the things that not only can give me nightmares, but cause me to literally go into a panic attack:

1) Swimming in lakes/oceans +drowning. Something about being unable to see everything in the water makes me unbelievably paranoid like I'm going to die any second.

2) Planes/being really high off the ground/tall buildings. Yep, I can't do it. Being more than 6ft off the ground causes nothing but pure panic.

3) Being in the dark. Not entirely being inside a house in the dark, but being outside in the dark really causes panic and I've actually had more panic attacks this way than any others.

4) Bees/Waps. Another thing that freaks me out, not entirely that I'm fearing for my life, but they make me avoid wherever they're located.

5) Spiders. Most spiders (especially Black Widows, Brown Recluses, etc) cause nothing but trembling and paranoid fear. Nowadays, always check to make sure there are no spiders anywhere near my apartment.

6) Death. I don't think I'm actually afraid of dying, but more or less, I'm afraid that I will no longer exist. Like, what if when we die, we simply black out and no longer exist... no heaven or hell, no afterlife of any kind, just gone. Oh and a painful death really scares me.

Other than that, not a whole lot else scares me.

I have the exact same problems haha.
    I don't know...
    I feel somehow ashamed.
    A 18 years old boy has a doctor and hospital phobia... Lol.

It's nothing to feel ashamed of at all. From what I notice a fear of doctors is one of the more common phobias, that and age doesn't dictate what you can and can't be afraid of. I'm 25 and have had a doctor phobia for as long as I can remember haha. Don't let it bother you, we're all different. =)

5) Spiders. Most spiders (especially Black Widows, Brown Recluses, etc) cause nothing but trembling and paranoid fear. Nowadays, always check to make sure there are no spiders anywhere near my apartment.

Ew. -shudders- Glad the only spiders I encounter are tiny ones.

Years
    It's nothing to feel ashamed of at all. From what I notice a fear of doctors is one of the more common phobias, that and age doesn't dictate what you can and can't be afraid of. I'm 25 and have had a doctor phobia for as long as I can remember haha. Don't let it bother you, we're all different. =)

Ew. -shudders- Glad the only spiders I encounter are tiny ones.

The irony....
    My doctor told that I have to do a surgery.....
    I'm scared to death right now......

Back