• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you guys' worst fears/phobia

t0gekiss

I'm really scared of spiders, but I wouldn't consider it a phobia. The only phobia I really have is Apeirophobia (Fear of eternity). What are yours?

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    funnily enough, I'm scared of bugs/flys/bees/wasp in real life but I love bug pokemon in the games/anime

Also fear of flying or heights.

Lucid

I don't like heights or flying but I can deal

The thought of losing a body part trips me out

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I have a fear of heights and a fear of bats, which is why I refuse to ever catch any Pokemon belonging to either the Zubat line, Woobat line, or the Noibat line.

%

percent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    trypophobia gets me really really bad sometimes, also since i can barely swim i'm pretty scared of waves, beaches, boats etc

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Coccinellidaephobia. Which is a fear of ladybugs.
    Really, I'm not staying in a room with a ladybug in it. It either has to get out or get killed otherwise I won't be comfortable and keep looking of that thing isn't going anywhere near me/gonna start flying around.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    anything related to isolation.
    e.g ppl leaving me alone/abandoning me/replacing me

also got a pretty bad fear of the world not being real which is dumb i know
    like, this-is-all-a-dream type stuff REALLY weirds me out :S

and then there's the big one - pregnancy & childbirth. nononononono

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    homelessness has always been a horrifying thought to me, both for the implications of total loss/abandonment and the knowledge that i'd wait about 12 hours before trying to off myself. the thought of being destitute, even temporarily, truly frightens me.

on a more typical note, the thought of driving still freaks me out and i hate it lmao

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I have emetophobia (vomitting) and trypanophobia (needles). Those two terms aren't actually all that heard of but the phobias themselves are actually more common than I first thought.

Years
  • I'm just really scared of bugs, mostly spiders and centipedes. Whenever there is one in my room I leave immediately and go get one of my roommates to come and kill it. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I live alone.

Once one of my roommates cupped a spider in his hand and then tossed it at me in my room and I fucking screamed and flipped out, I was on the other side of the room in less that a second. This year I've been wanting to go bug catching to try and help with my fear of bugs.

t0gekiss

I'm just really scared of bugs, mostly spiders and centipedes. Whenever there is one in my room I leave immediately and go get one of my roommates to come and kill it. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I live alone.

Even though I absolutely hate spiders and can't go near one, I never kill them, just because I'm scared of it, doesn't mean it deserves to die. I usually just get someone else to put it in a cup and throw it outside :)

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Any kinds of flying insects, except flies. And ESPECIALLY wasps and hornets. I skip town whenever I see one.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I have a fear of vomiting. This is kind of silly, considering I come close to it about once or twice a week, but I just find vomiting so incredibly disgusting that it's hard for me to not panic whenever someone so much as mentions that they might be sick.

However, I've been going to more parties lately. Everyone drinks at these parties, so at least two people always end up vomiting. This inevitability has helped allay my fear just a tad.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Spiders. I swear to god they are the creepiest fucking thing known to man. ;____; I also don't like horror movies or gore either... Oh, I also have a deathly fear of needles/IVs as well. TT_____TT

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I have claustrophobia .... I can't enter on an elevator, I get scared ... I can't imagine being trapped in there :c

I'm also afraid of being left alone ... Like being alone in the world.... It's strange :/

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • Fear itself

I have no true fear, as in something warranting the suffix -phobia, but I have a few things I'm uncomfortable about such as:
    -Needles/other pointy things directed towards my eyes
    -Watching medical things (surgeries, vaccinations, etc.) on television. I'm fine with both the idea and the practice of them happening to me, but I can't watch it on TV.
    -Hearing the crunch of an apple. I will leave the room. This isn't so much a fear as a dislike-with-the-fire-of-a-thousand-suns, though.

The only proper "fear" I may have is forgetting. Memories are ultimately the only keepsakes we own, and the thought of losing knowledge of what makes me me is fightening. It's abstract and hard for me to explain, but forgetfulness is the closest thing I have to a phobia. Nothing crippling, though.

Oh wait, one more; I hate darkness to my back. If I'm ever in a location where there is light in front of me, but darkness behind, I get irrationally frightened of the darkness behind me. Light behind and dark in front? I'm fine. I'm even okay with dark in front and dark behind, but as soon as I see a glimmer out of that darkness? Scared, and make a beeline for it. Using a flashlight is okay-ish; it gives me the same nervousness, but I can at least control where the light goes. There's probably a survival based reason for this one.

Edit:
    I lied when I said I had no fear, it seems. I appear to have quite a few o_o

Last edited:
    Back