• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Brought You Here?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
We are all here on PC for a reason. *insert "You came here for ROM Hacking" Joke here* What brought you here? Was it just spontaneous? Or was there something specifically that made you come? With the exception of it being a Pokemon community

Personally, I came here because of a Project that resided in the Pokémon Gaming Central. It was Pokémon U, relatively popular, but died off, like all good things. I was actually "co-leader"(if you can call it that) of Pokemon U, along with Fading Tree, THEN I got back(since I knew how to) into ROM Hacking xD

So what are your reasons of finding this weird awesome place?

Last edited:

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
I came here, because people effin' talking 'bout that Pokémon.

But seriously, I live in a hick town that has little to no Pokémon/Anime/Video Game fanatics. D: There had to be somewhere to geek out and lo, this place popped up.

No regrets.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Noticed the community is large and that there were a lot of trades going on. I wanted to learn about breeding in Gen IV.

I've been a member since 2009 :)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I got banned from bored of the main PS server, so I looked for alternates. I found PC's server, and after my very first Community Day and after making a few friends, I got told to join the forums, which I did.

Best year I've spent.

Sirfetch’d

Well I had lurked PC for quite some time and honestly just decided to join! I wanted a place where I could make friends and talk about the thing I loved most at the time, Pokemon with people who shared the same interests. Been a member for 2 years next month and I can honestly say it is one of the best decisions I have ever made in life haha. Love the community :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I totally joined for ROM Hacking, yes I did. But then I realized that it wasn't really my calling. All I wanted was to talk Pokemon and make new Poke-friends, which I did!

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Pokemon%20Shiny%20Gold%20X%20(Hack).jpg
Oh my god this yes.

Though to come back to stay, it happened when I got sick of my previous communities because they kinda went down the toilet. I noticed that above all, PC had managed to stay active like I remembered it at one point, so I decided to call it home.

Years
I was looking for some huge forum to talk about Pokemon mostly. My registration here was rather spontaneous.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
idk how I got here. All I know is that I joined just because I was looking for a Pokemon forum. I already went to several forums before, so maybe at one of those forums I heard of PC. :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
While learning to ROM hack, all the tutorials I googled ended up being located here. So, yeah, I came for the ROM hacking.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Always wanted to join, after being a member of other Pokeforums for years.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I wanted to join another Pokemon forum that wasn't so massively huge like Serebii and wasn't focused on competitive battling like Smogon, so I joined here and stayed because I made a couple of friends. :]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
Uhhh... I came here for ROM hacking? Haha...

But in all honesty, I originally found this site because, like Alisa said, I started hacking and all the tutorials were here. But now that I'm here, I just really like jumping in on whatever conversation seems interesting and hearing what other people have to say. Pokemon basically WAS my childhood, so being able to talk about it with people who are equally enthusiastic is great stress relief. =)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I joined in 2010 I think, could of been 09? I just wanted to meet normal people who liked Pokemon so I could talk to them about it. So far almost everyone I befriended at one point weren't even that big of Pokemon fans and the ones that actually love it were always too weird.

Years
I joined back in 2008/9 after reading an entire PokeSpe fanclub thread that kept me up to date with things. Naturally I joined it and even more naturally, it died out. Now I'm here to keep up with my (remaining) friends.

Back