• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you want the next inanimate object pokemon to be based on??

Years
    at some point i'll revisit this thread and bump it and quote people and be like HA YOU GOT IT RIGHT

anyway what do you want the next inanimate object 'mon to be based on? o:

Last edited:
    Years
    A pokemon based off of a Wishing-well perhaps? Or even a water fountain pokemon would be quite peculiar.

Also a pokemon based on a magic carpet needs to happen. Or a genie in a bottle type of thing.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    We got a cream Pokémon, so give me a Pokemon that's a cupcake.

Also, a Laptop Pokemon/Computer.

Also, a torch Pokemon. Maybe it cold be a fairy type.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Maybe a Ghost/Psychic type Pokémon that's also a book, with the book being possessed by the ghosts of scholars who attempted to explore the vast world and failed in their journey?

Could also be a Brush Pokémon that has the typing of Fairy/Normal.

Or a needle...

Years
    Game Boy, plz

I guess it would also be neat to see a Pokémon based on a deck of cards.
    A Game Boy was exactly what I was going to bring up- would be fun to see them honor their heritage with a Pokemon like that.

I also want a Rubik's Cube Pokemon. I don't know what type it would be (maybe Psychic?), but I think they could do something really cool with that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    A pendulum clock has some potential.

I'd imagine it having very low speed and average bulk, but with very good Sp. Atk, since time is connected to future visions and intelligence. I anticipate that it would be at least be a Psychic-type, as it's swinging pendulum might have hypnotic properties.

Years
    I also want a Rubik's Cube Pokemon. I don't know what type it would be (maybe Psychic?), but I think they could do something really cool with that.

omg what if like, the rubik's cube 'mon can change its type everytime it gets hit :O

i mean i realize that it's mainly keckleon's gimmick but.... the same (or similar) can work here too!

also i love the idea of a game boy 'mon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    A pendulum clock has some potential.

I'd imagine it having very low speed and average bulk, but with very good Sp. Atk, since time is connected to future visions and intelligence. I anticipate that it would be at least be a Psychic-type, as it's swinging pendulum might have hypnotic properties.

Ooh, it'd be cool that if a Pokemon like this were to get hit with a psychical attack, it'd cause the attacker to go to sleep.

---

What about a Pokemon based off a polaroid camera? I know the Rotom Pokedex has a camera feature, and Rotom in the Galar region fly around and record videos during gym battles, but I'd love to see an old style camera Pokemon like a Polaroid.

Maybe the lore for a Pokemon like that is that it's a restless soul that possessed an old polaroid camera. They could name it Poltaroid or something and make it a ghost/electric or make it a pure ghost type, perhaps.

I also think it'd be cool if we got some Pokemon that are musical instruments! I could imagine a violin/cello Pokemon that has arms and legs & can use grass type attacks. Violins are made of wood. I honestly don't know what type a Pokemon that's a Violin would be, though? Pure Normal, maybe? Since Sound doesn't exist.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    A Game Boy was exactly what I was going to bring up- would be fun to see them honor their heritage with a Pokemon like that.

I actually had a dream about a Pokémon similar to a Rubik's Cube once. It was an Unown evolution; the front middle cube had a living eye while the others had different Unown glyphs chiseled into them (like the tiles from the third movie). Probably Psychic/Rock.

Last edited:
    Years
    it would be really interesting if we had an inanimate object pokemon that's an actual direct reference to the Switch system. o:

... kinda surprised it isn't a thing already, now that i think about it. unless it is and i'm forgetting?

Back