• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What I learned today

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I learned that it will cost me at least $4,000 USD to migrate to Australia.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Washington DC and other states (I know DC isnt a state, but a territory) have a $0.05 or more tax on plastic bags. In my opinion, it doesnt seem to do much unless it was higher.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Today I learned that "disco inferno" is Latin for "I learn through suffering."

What did you learn today?
    *squints* I highly doubt that. Everyone needs MORE Disco Inferno, not less.
    Actually, this is the "Real" Disco Inferno :P

What I learned today

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    Actually, this is the "Real" Disco Inferno :P

What I learned today

Pika Pika :chu:

That and considering Disco Inferno was released in 1976 . . . I'm hard-pressed to believe in the legitimacy of that claim . . . hm. Anyway, I'll see your wrestler and raise you one ultra-violence.
    Spoiler:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Washington DC and other states (I know DC isnt a state, but a territory) have a $0.05 or more tax on plastic bags. In my opinion, it doesnt seem to do much unless it was higher.

We have that in Britain, it's supposed to encourage you to bring your own and put less strain on the environment

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I know what its supposed to do... I just dont think $0.05 is enough of an inCENTive.

haha... im so funny...
    That's what I expected, but it actually does work. Made me remember to use my backpack, and I see very few polyethylene bags when I go shopping. I don't think it's really to help the environment though, more like the government simply wanted to spend less on recycling.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Today I learned that bell peppers have genders. Males have three points and better for cooking while females have four points and are sweeter & best for salads.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Today I learned that bell peppers have genders. Males have three points and better for cooking while females have four points and are sweeter & best for salads.
    Fruit gender? Like it tells you what sex the plant that grows from the pepper's seeds will be? I can't imagine how else that would work.

Well, I just looked this up and it's a myth anyways, both the gender and taste thing. The plants themselves are hermaphrodites, and the fruits can have five lobes just as often as three or four.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
    I learned that even though I fear for it so much, no one's going to literally yell at me for being a bit dispirited.

Back