• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    What inspired your username?

This is where my username came from XD

I remember the excitement when I opened a random booster pack I had bought when I was like 11 years old and found that inside. It didn't just have one little star in the bottom corner to indicate rarity - it had three! I had no idea what that meant but I jumped around yelling for quite a while!

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I just took the name of favorite Pokemon and replaced the "c" with a "z."

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Has to do with my writing actually. Ages back, before I discovered forums, I wrote a comedy script series about two characters called... Bob and Bill. I just went with them when I joined forums as a penname of sorts I suppose. (Idk why I called myself characters that were dumb, but there you go =p).

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    My username has no meaning. I recently discovered it means "clear" in italian, but I didn't know it when mading up it.

TY

Has to deal with my PSN name, as i knifed all my enemies without they ever knew i was there.
    Stealthy as an Shadow
    and Excadrill is one of my favorite Pokemon of the 5th gen ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The Buick LeSabre, a full size American automobile built from 1959 to 2005. I really like that car, it's comfortable, spacious, and attractive. Perfect for me to base my username off of.

As for the "Elite Overlord" part, I just thought it would sound cool :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Destiny... well I just like that word. Not because of my hack Pokemon Destiny, but just in general.

As for Demon... I don't know. But it's an alliteration so yeah.

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
    I wanted a short acronym that would be my online Identity so I chose "Green (favorite color) Guru (My friends say I'm very guru like) Jax (Random)"

GGJ

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Mac is my nickname and I live in Yorktown which is in York County... so the rest came naturally ;)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yoshiko has been a nickname that I came up with years ago, and up until now I've always used it, or variations of it like this one. The three K's are a reference to the sound a frog makes in Japanese, namely kero kero kero.

Zameric

The One and Only
    Years
    This question has come up for me several times before; from others as well as myself.
    I cannot remember what inspired it, but I know I've used it as my online alias for a long time.
    My main idea is that it was just something that I came up with.
    I haven't been able to find any possible source for the name over the internets.
    Some people I've met first think that I just threw a Z in-front of America and dropped the A at the end. xD
    I get kind of mad when I see accounts on websites that pop-up with Zamerick as their user name.
    I don't think I'll ever remember how I came up with this name, but it will always stay with me. :)

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    My name is one I have had online since I was ten. >__>

When I first played Pokemon, the copy of the game I owned was Pokemon Yellow, so my starter was a Pikachu. I wanted to nickname it, so I picked the name "Pikapal", cuz, you know, I was like 8 at the time. So, when my mom let me sign up on the Supercheats to post some Sims cheats when I was ten, I had to pick a username. SO I went with ol' Pikachu's nickname, but it was taken. xD SO I picked some random numbers and it worked.

Several years later, after I got my first computer, I decided to go back to the site and join their forums. I wanted to create a new account because I thought the name was silly, but I wasn't allowed to, as per the rules at the time. So, I just bucked up and kept it. From there, I just kept the name across the internet so that people would know me if they came across me. It carried me all the way here. ^__^

SO yeah, Pikapal642 is like, more than just a name for me, lol.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    marz is my cat. then I capitalized the name. Deimos is one of Marz's moons. then uh I think I went to L'Viaquez or Mayz I can't remember. L'Viaquez was a bomb name, taken from one of the Mars Volta's songs, and Mayz is just a play on Marz made up by Scythekid I think but I really don't know anymore. Then I went to Cex and then I went to Penatrait and now I'm stuck with it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It comes from my first e-mail address (a Hotmail one, God that was a long time ago)... but I can't remember how I came about having that e-mail address. I might have been watching CatDog, I might have been looking at my cat and dog, something to do with animals... I honestly can't remember. It was such a long time ago, and to say that my memory is a sieve would be to give my memory too much credit. I just don't know.

Back