• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon don't have certain moves you think they should?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Why doesn't Weavile get Sucker Punch? Yes, I'm sure you think I'm crazy for thinking that - it would make Weavile broken. But, hear me out.
    Weavile is a Dark-type Pokemon. Dark-type Pokemon are known as pranksters. One of Weavile's abilities is "Pickpocket", something that would require a sucker punch, or distraction to achieve.
    Still, it would be broken as heck.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    I know that sounds a bit weird, but Druddigon should be able to learn fly, he's a dragon, after all.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Why doesn't Weavile get Sucker Punch? Yes, I'm sure you think I'm crazy for thinking that - it would make Weavile broken. But, hear me out.
    Weavile is a Dark-type Pokemon. Dark-type Pokemon are known as pranksters. One of Weavile's abilities is "Pickpocket", something that would require a sucker punch, or distraction to achieve.
    Still, it would be broken as heck.
    This is bad like why its a sneaky physical dark type GF COMPLAINT RIGHT HERE

I know that sounds a bit weird, but Driddigon should be able to learn fly, he's a dragon, after all.
    Druddigon is a dragon that is incapable of flight like Haxorus if his wings were able to fly he would likely have the move but all dragons do not fly.

And for me:
    Raikou needs Volt Tackle its just so fitting for him right?
    Darmanitan with Wild Charge and Head Smash idk why it seems fitting too
    Those are my main 2 but here's the top:
    DEDENNE CANT LEARN DAZZLING GLEAM! Its a special attacker it cant learn and sparking fairy moves that are a good % of power! Plus dazzling gleam with a fairy and electric type why not? Its like meant for it omg!

And
    @zekrom that makes me go crazy with battles why there is no stealth rock for him is a mystery to me too!

Years
    DEDENNE CANT LEARN DAZZLING GLEAM! Its a special attacker it cant learn and sparking fairy moves that are a good % of power! Plus dazzling gleam with a fairy and electric type why not? Its like meant for it omg!

As a further way to rub it in the face, it literally can't learn any special-based Fairy moves. Yeah, it's stuck with Play Rough and has weaker Attack compared to Sp. Attack. Dedenne is pretty much a Fairy-type that's outclassed by its own brethren.

Another one that always bugged me, Delphox not getting Thunderbolt. Especially when you consider pretty much every Psychic-type can learn it. It does get Shock Wave as an ORAS tutor move, but yeah it's just not the same.

Years
    I'd like to see Ninetales be able to learn Morning Sun. Its counterpart Arcanine can learn it, so I see no reason why Ninetales shouldn't have it too. I'd also like to see more Pokémon have access to the move Recover, but that may just be because I'm a fan of HP recovery moves.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Mawile can't learn Meteor Mash. I'd be cool or uncool though if it did, else every Mawile or better, Mega-Mawile would have a moveset similar to any Metagross except for Play Rough.

Salamence can't learn Iron head, even though its not really out of context for it to have a head that could hit as hard as steel, as its dex entries already say that as a young Bagon, it often headbutts things. Also, it would be nice for Salamence to have some extra coverage against you-know-what.

Hydreigon can't learn Hydro Pump, but it can definitely learn Fire Blast and Focus Blast. Also, given the nature of Hydreigon, wouldn't it be cool if it can learn poison type attacks as well? I can imagine Hydreigon's other heads puking out poisonous sludge against enemies. Hydreigon needs more moves.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    While it may not be on STAB, i sure wished Tyrantum's line able to learn Hyper Fang, which would have some synergy with its regular ability Strong Jaw. That would give it some neutral coverage along with some really high power.

HyperFang as TM for Gen7Plz

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    While it may not be on STAB, i sure wished Tyrantum's line able to learn Hyper Fang, which would have some synergy with its regular ability Strong Jaw. That would give it some neutral coverage along with some really high power.

HyperFang as TM for Gen7Plz
    Really they should've made it so that Tyrunt/Tyrantrum learns Fire, Ice, Thunder, and Poison Fang via level up instead of through breeding. They give it this new ability based on biting moves but only give it 2 biting moves in it's level up movepool: Bite and Crunch, and Crunch is just a better version of Bite.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Bite, should be universal. Any pokemon with moderately sized teeth should be able to bite. I guess Pikachu's too cute to bare teeth, let alone sink them into a Charmanders neck.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Eh, gonna take a guess that it's because Omastar can't learn it, either? There are several "slashing" Pokémon that don't get that move.

Omastar is a Special Attacker though and it gets Earth Power, while Kabutops only gets Dig? It kind of creates a lack of balance if you ask me.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
    I actually have SOOO many complaints about which Pokemon should get what, it's ridiculous.

I really think Gloom, Vileplum, and Bellossom should all get Moonblast. Oddish learns it at level 43 for GF's sake! It's completely pointless for Oddish to learn it at such a high level when it's evolutions can't learn it at all.

Blastoise, Kingler, Lapras, Kabutops, Torterra, and some other that I can't think of right now should get Shell Smash. They all have huge shells, or are completely covered in a shell, but can't learn it when other Pokemon such as Cloyster and Carracosta can.

Also Pinsir should be able to learn both Megahorn and Horn Leech. It has one of the biggest set of horns in the game but it gets no "horn based" moves to use them.

I'm going to stop right there though, maybe I'll add more another time. It's 3:30am for me so I really got to get some sleep :P

Years
    Here's another one: how about Klinklang? It has that nice Attack stat and Shift Gear, and a mediocre Special Attack stat...yet they mostly give it Special moves. It would've been nice if it had something like Superpower or Rock Slide. The same can be said about Escavalier, too - I know that's a Pokémon that people think needed more than it has, for its stats.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'd like to see more bug types (like Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, etc.) get Sticky Web in their movesets. It's pretty useful if played right, but pretty much nothing can learn it.
    They could give it to some early bug types but prohibit their evolutions from learning it like they did with Sewaddle. (i.e. Caterpie can learn it but not Butterfree, so you can level up Caterpie for the move or evolve it quickly).

Back