• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What should I name my character?

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
Years
  • I isually just name myself Ing, so im just too bland to come up with any ideas. Although i you pick a girl, Usagi is the way to go (kawaiii~).

The_Buddha_Wolf

Buger King Manager (Not really)
    Years
  • In my opinion, you should pick your favorite male anime character's name (If you pick male) or your favorite female anime character's name (If you pick female). My second choice would be your real name.

Years
  • When I play the games, I'll just be using my real name (Nichole) as always. And of course I always play as the girl because well, I am a girl myself.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I always name my character after the protagonists' default name. I'll most definitely be using Brendan/May for ORAS respectively.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    when i played through sapphire when i was little, i would always name myself Sora - not after the boy from Kingdom Hearts, but after the girl from Digimon.
    i'm still deciding whether i should go with that again or just stick with Nagi ...

as for you, i actually really like the name Indigo! it's kinda nice to invent your own colour and go with that, as if you were really one of the protagonists. if you want to stay in the gemstone-scene in style of the Hoenn games, you could also go with something like Topaz for the boy and Jade for the girl.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not as creative with guy names because I usually just go with my own name if I l pick a guy. Some female names I've picked for fem playthroughs in the past:

Lisa
    Eliza
    Jade
    Velma (I was in a Scooby Doo mood :P)

As for some names I've never used myself, these are a little more "exotic".

Fiora (Character from Xenoblade Chronicles)
    Paz (I think it's pronounced "path"...., I saw the name in a webcomic)
    Ayilla (I just made this one up on the spot, pronounced "aey-a-la")

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • I don't know. It comes down to one's personal preference, so just choose the names that suit you best. No one can choose a name for you, and while it may suit them well, you may not like it or feel comfortable with it at all. :)

Back on topic. I usually go with the default names since I'm not the least bit creative, or just go for Gary since I love his attitude. Names were something I didn't really care much about, and I still don't.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm not sure what I'm naming my character. My RSE starter was named Scarlett, and I named my XY character Scarlett because I never thought Hoenn remakes were going to happen!

I do like the names Indigo and Violet. I'm a sucker for the color-based names, like Scarlett.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I must +1 Kamina, since I thought the character you're naming him after is awesome! :) If I were picking a name out of your selection, I would go with Peyton, Indigo, or Kamina for a boy; Violet or Keiko for a girl. I usually just pick a random name that I like when I playthrough Pokemon games, but this time I know that I'm going to use my own name for Alpha Sapphire. :]

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Which name do you feel most comfortable having it displayed in the PSS, loud and proud to strangers? I think that's pretty important, at least to me. Which is why I'd personally recommend against generic names such as Brendan, May, and Sapphire.

I personally like either Peyton, Violet, or Indigo (the name of my BW2 rival, haha.)

Is Violet still not allowed? >_> The fact that its a color between Red and Blue would have been very fitting.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I just use my username. Back in the old days when nicknames had a lesser character limit I shorted it to Symbiox but now a days at least in X & Y it was lengthened.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'd go with your real name (Peyton).

PS: Didn't know you could change you're name in ORAS until I saw this.

Last edited:
    Back