• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What social media sites are you most active on?

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
Years
  • Discord and Telegram for the peeps, Scrap.tf for the banter, YouTube for the television, here for this, and others are to be well avoided.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Twitter is probably my main social media. I retweet lots of art, I drop some thoughts here and there, and I have a thread where I post about every game I've played or tv show/movie/anime I've watched during the year, and then cap off the whole thing by talking about what my favourite thing I experienced that year was.
    I'm pretty active on Discord, though it's mainly through DMs and a few small servers. I'm in the PC Discord but I don't really check it and it's more of a way for people to connect to my discord.
    YouTube if you count that, I'm on Bluesky and that's more for commenting on what I'm up to and my thoughts on a game as I'm in the middle of it rather than a whole write-up once it's over, and I'm on Steam, I have a Reddit I don't use, and Facebook is exclusively for connecting with people in my close personal life. My instagram has pretty much been dead ever since I moved off of it for Twitter, but I log in every few days since my friends still send me reels.

Years
    • Seen today
    My use of Twitter has basically dried up since Elon Musk bought it and started digging its grave. I'm constantly dealing with crypto bots mentioning my account and advertising of all sorts of AI and crypto stuff, which I'm vehemently against. I've started a Bluesky account, though I haven't used it too much yet. Gotta set off a time to find all the accounts I'm following on there if they've made the jump.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Insta, Twitter, Discord, and Reddit! I use Reddit mainly to see other people share in my interests like Heartstopper or ER, or movies!

Though as a uni student, 99% of my online time is spent on WhatsApp, which is insane since I used to avoid WhatsApp but now I have like 80 groups ;o;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Twitter and Tumblr are the only sites I consider social media sites that I actually frequent, with Twitter being the thing I check constantly throughout the day and Tumblr being a few times a week thing (although it was also a constant-throughout-the-day site for me back in its heyday). Reddit is more of a centralized forum and Discord a chatting program rather than social media, but for people who count those, I guess I also use those. They don't really fill the niche of having a place for me to share my personal stuff while also checking on others' personal stuff, though. They're too broad and too insular respectively so they don't count to me.

It's gonna suck when Twitter finally dies either to its poor running or to succumbing to the awful bot and/or rightwing propaganda problem. I've been using it basically since 2007 to dump my thoughts and opinions and keep up with friends, some of whom I've known for over 20 years and don't really have much contact with otherwise. I might jump to wherever the next site is, but I just don't really think it's viable to start up a proper social media site anymore and I don't think any of them will last. So I guess I'll just enjoy (??) Twitter while it's here.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If Discord counts then definitely Discord, of traditional social medias I currently use Instagram the most

Years
    • Seen today
    Facebook for family communication. Although I deleted the app a couple months ago, now if I want to use the actual website it's strictly desktop use. That's it for traditional social media.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Does PokéCommunity count? o3o

Anyway, I'd say by far my two most active ones are Mastodon and Lemmy (in particular the discussion fields related to technology and digital sovereignty). Stuff like Tumblr, Kbin and Reddit are at the second place... That said, Tumblr is mostly / only for boosting friends's art / vidya stuff, and I only mostly to go Reddit to talk fanfiction and to promote Lemmy and Mastodon.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an active Pokémon fanfiction or Pokémon worldbuilding general presence in my fav places just yet.

Back