• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • I'm going to get Omega Ruby. The box art looks way cooler (plus, Team Magma make slightly more sense as Antagonists than Aqua do).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Most likely Omega Ruby, but it's way too early to know for sure. Can't wait for more info to start pouring out.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    I find it interesting how many people are choosing based on sentimentality. I played Sapphire in the past, but that holds no weight with me. My choice will be based on version-exclusives--pokemon, megastones, and features.

Years
  • Definitely going with Omega Ruby, as I always liked Ruby more than Sapphire, also my most favorite color. I have to start playing my normal Ruby copy on GBA, just for nostalgia.

Years
  • since im always on a small budget, i am just going to get one game and thatll be omega ruby because i always liked groudon more

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
  • My first gen3 game was Sapphire so I think I'll get AS first but version exclusives are always my main deciding factor. Groudon does look cool but I prefer not to pick based on Legendaries seeing as ubers tier Pokemon teams are frowned upon.

Years
  • Right now just because of the box art, I'm going to go with OR because it looks like there's magma (lava) coursing through Groudon, but I'm going to wait, in case of Version exclusives, and whether or not the Box Art Groudon and Kyogre are Megas, and the typing if they are; that's what I did with X/Y and ended up getting Y, so I'll use the same approach here too.

Years
  • I played Red first and later got FireRed, played Gold first and got HeartGold, so I plan on continuing that trend by picking up Alpha Sapphire first. That being said, I'll wait until we hear more about some version exclusives and whatnot before making a final decision, but it would probably take a fair bit to get me to pick up Omega Ruby first.

Years
  • Definitely getting both this time around, and I don't usually do that. I love the art for both versions, and the names are awesome! Plus, I love both Groudon and Kyogre. Probably will get Alpha Sapphire first, because Sapphire was my first n_n

HUF_DBC

I'm going to get omega ruby first, because Groudon is way cooler than kyogre. But depending on the version exclusives I might get alpha sapphire.

Years
  • I honestly don't know!! Haha I'm so excited cause I had Emerald so I feel like I get to make the whole "Ruby or Sapphire" decision from scratch haha :)

I guess I'll wait to see between version exclusives or whichever game features Team Magma more heavily cause other than that I have no clue haha :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • If I only get one, then Alpha Sapphire. Why? I dunno.

I'll probably try and get both, or at least have my roomy person get the opposite version.

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
    Years
  • Going all in on Pokémon Omega Ruby. I've put more hours of into Pokémon Ruby than anything else in my life.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I love love love Team Aqua so I def lean toward AS. But! I think I'm going to get OR for my permanent file because everyone else I know is on board with AS. I'll def get it later on as a Challenge game tho because Aquas. <33

Back