• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Curious how you enjoyed Chobits. I watched the anime for the first time last year and went in having heard nothing but good things. In the end though, while I did enjoy it somewhat, I found it didn't really live up to my expectations. Is the manga treating you well?
    I bought it on a whim and didn't really know what it was about. In that regard I didn't really have expectations. I'm now about halfway through. So far I like it, it was a pleasant surprise and I find the mystery they built up engaging enough to continue reading it.

I might think more about it when I'm done reading, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    While its not the last I've watched I need to say something so I can stop gushing about horimiya.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy was surprisingly one of the best anime I've seen.
    Its clearly a parody of the power fantasy genre but it somehow also manages to play the trope straight and do it better than any other, all with a character we actually care about, even though he's so freakin' OP its off the charts!!

If you haven' seen it here's how insane it is, there is one particular scene of dialogue in the first major battle, that's so crazy it got into an ABRIDGED series completely unchanged!!

just think about that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Rewatched the second Cardcaptors Sakura movie. Still one of my absolute favourites.

As for series though I believe the last one I finished was YuGiOh Zexal. Absolutely adored it and honestly would love to watch it again if I had easier means to do so.

I've watched a few things here and there since but never finished them oops.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    The anime I finished most recently was Demon Slayer, which I thought was fantastic and displayed mostly stunning animation. At the current moment, I'm watching FMA Brotherhood (never watched it before because I figured it would be exactly the same as reading the manga)

The manga I finished most recently was Act-Age, which I originally gave a miss due to the infamous fate of its writer and because I'd already read Kasane which is also about a female actress. I did really enjoy it and the arcs were solid, so it's a shame that it was obviously cancelled mid-arc because of the former, but it was definitely the right move to cancel it

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • I'm currently watching Blue Exorcist since I got about 2 or 3 episodes left to watch on the 2nd season before I go back to watching HunterxHunter.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Finished Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! this afternoon, picked it up since it reminded me of Shirobako (albeit focusing more on animation than a full-blown anime production). The main trio's chemistry is fun to watch and the backdrops are nice to look at. Thoroughly enjoyed it - 10/10 (Easy Breezy's gonna be stuck in my head lol)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • The Promised Neverland S2 began airing on Toonami this past weekend (english dubbed)

All I've heard... is bad things. Even the writers wanted to abandon ship. That's... not a good sign...

Either way I'll be finding out for myself

Years
  • The Promised Neverland S2 began airing on Toonami this past weekend (english dubbed)

All I've heard... is bad things. Even the writers wanted to abandon ship. That's... not a good sign...

Either way I'll be finding out for myself

I was considering starting that, but after watching this video from Mother's Basement:

Decided I'd pass and just stick with the manga. :( It's sad because before s2 came out people were worried that anime-only fans may not like it since the genre changes a lot, but looking back now that would've been good if it were the only thing that could actually be concerning. Now it's that along with skipped arcs and anime-only choices that make no sense, among other things.

I caught up with Pokémon 2019 (Journeys)! Watched 56-61. Now I need to watch 62 since that just came out ahah.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm watching Horimiya with a friend, and as someone who never finished the manga, I have loved being surprised as I go long with the anime. <3

Manga? I read a bit more of Hero Academia recently, but I don't read much manga these days.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • For pretty since the end of last month, I've been rewatching Bleach. I originally started rewatching from the beginning back in November of last year because I discovered it was on Netflix. Sadly, Netflix only has up until season 5 (episode 109 btw), so I had to stop for awhile until I was able to get ahold of the dvd box sets.

So, I resumed doing that in March, and am currently at about episode 317 of 366 now.
    I didn't expect to want to sit and watch every single episode, filler included, but here we are, I guess. I'm now praying that the Thousand Year Blood war adaption gets a confirmed studio and airdate soon so this rewatch wasn't all for nothing, LOL.

I originally decided to rewatch Bleach because I stumbled upon the one off live action movie on Netflix, btw, and it rekindled my love for the series after trying to move away from it back in 2018/2019 when the manga finally finished its English translation. I couldn't stay away for long, I guess, LMFAO. I will say that the entirety of the Fake Karakura Town Arc (part 2) was a blur to me, so rewatching that was an especially fun time. I'm probably actually going to feel sad this time around when I finish this rewatch.

Literally, last time I watched Bleach was seven years ago and I was literally happy to see it "exit my life", but now I honestly am sad to almost be done with it. I guess I'll never escape this franchise, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
  • We've JUST caught up with Attack on Titan and the hublet is now watching My Hero Academia. I 've just started watching "So I'm a Spider, So What?". It's ridiculously cute.

Always on the hunt for more anime to watch though so hit me with ideas :)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • After finally finishing Fairy Tail and it's movies... I've decided to dive into some simuldubs myself as well.

Starting off with Wonder Egg Priority and the InuYasha sequel (Yashashime or however you spell it because it's hard to spell lol)

I'm not sure how long I'll do this though honestly because there hasn't exactly been a lot of simuldubs I'm all that interested in

i'm totally not stalling until TWEWY simuldub starts

Back