• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Started watching the One Piece dub for when I go to sleep. Caught up with and finished Sports Climbing Girls the other day as well. Kind of wish it would have had another episode or two since it wasn't bad but that ending, sheesh.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Ok but mine are kind of out there. It's been a while since I watched anime, but I've been reading some manga and I found this strange one called.
Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru - The Boy who Cried wolf Also Told another lie today.

The basis is odd, and its about the most social forward manga you will ever read, but it somehow introduces you to an uncomfortable topic, without insulting the reader, or being completely offputting. Anyway the story is a highschool(?) romance drama, and essentially the story of a boy coming to understand the girl he has feelings for, in the most roundabout way possible.

It's already complete so I read the whole thing, its nice pretty wholesome story, with plenty of best girls, our main character is best boy, and there's of course the absolute worst boy, but you'll have to see that for yourself.

Ah one more for more adult fans, I'm following Asuperu Kanojo, - "days with a girl".
Pretty much its slice of life, but in a format where each chapter usually ends on a high note or a gag.
The start is a bit rough, but necessarily so.

Not exactly for someone only wanting a light hearted read, but if you can handle it, the humor you get as a payoff can be absolutely hilarious.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
So I recently started the anime, "Take Away My Brother, Please!" Highly recommend. Each episode is roughly 3 minutes long, it's hilarious just overall, and the animation is very smooth and highkey just nice to watch.

have you checked out the live action on netflix? its more long form, but so so FUNNY.
It truly brings the characters to life in the best way possible. and oh my god I love maio maio.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Just finished watching Kiss Him not Me and it was pretty hilarious and cute.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
have you checked out the live action on netflix? its more long form, but so so FUNNY.
It truly brings the characters to life in the best way possible. and oh my god I love maio maio.

I have not! I didn't even realize there was a live action one on Netflix. That is definitely going on my to watch list. Thanks for the recommendation!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I see, so when you say code format you mean for the rom or for the emulator, I assume the rom, since action replay works regardless of emulator as far as I know. So are you talking source code language like C or something?

I don't know much about ram yet, but it has to translate into a sequence of hex somewhere right?

You know another doc I could take a look at to help get me started?
I was able to find a "RAM map" here, so I'm looking through that.

There was a doc post around here I lost track of that would have really helped i think,
can't remember who wrote it jpan or someone else, but it was an indepth explanation of asm, ram wram, the stack etc.
You wouldn't happen to have that saved somewhere would you?

After you check it out I'd love to hear your first impressions. :)

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Finished Dr.Stone and it was awesome and not only that I also found out that season 2 is coming.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
SSSS.Gridman started airing on Toonami last night. I've heard a lot about it so I watched ep. 1. I can't really say much yet.

I mean... it seems okay...? I guess...?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Last one I finished was Toradora and currently am halfway through the 1st season of Code Geass. Haven't tried picking it up again since I was 12 and only got a few eps in. Not sure why I gave up the first time as its been super good so far :D

Years
Started One Piece of the first time last night. I got about 6 episodes in and I really like it so far but like nearly every anime I have tried watching, I will probably never finish it.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Currently hooked on Kemono Jihen, it's only 4 episodes in but looks very promising.

Started One Piece of the first time last night. I got about 6 episodes in and I really like it so far but like nearly every anime I have tried watching, I will probably never finish it.

Be careful, that's a path of no return!

But one I'm proud to walk.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
The last anime I've watched was Fate/Zero, it's a rewatch, though.

Things are interesting even at Season 1, but when you enter Season 2? Hoo Boy.

If I had to recommend 1 Fate anime series to watch, I'll probably go here. Even if Heaven's Feel trilogy is really good too

Years
I finished watching Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina it had pretty wicked cool acting scenes in it that I didn't expect at all. Overall an interesting magical story I enjoyed. Some scenes were a bit touchy subject matter, so be cautious watching it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Last series I finished was Misfit of Demon King Academy. I was really getting into it and then it just abruptly ended. :(

I started watching the new season of Dr Stone and Slime. I'm so spoiled for these next few weeks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023

lol well that's one piece, I'd be more surprised( and possibly worried) if you said you expected to finish. :)

as for me I've been slow on the anime recently, but reading a lot of manga.

(But I have been catching up on aggretsuko)

I just finished the latest chapter of "I Love You, As a Friend" by Mikumi Yuchi

and the sauce in the comments section convinced me to try
"I Fell in Love, so I Tried Livestreaming" still reading the first chapter, but it starts fast, so I'm interested.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
To be completely honest... I'm running out of ideas of what to watch. There's too many animes that you have to finish by reading the source material when the source material is beginning to become impossible to find now (light novels in particular). So after I finished Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt... I was legit unsure what to do.

As for that anime... (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) I can't really say all that much. It was dumb and lewd and stupid. But also stupidly funny. They teased another season at the end but it's clear that will never happen now. That might be for the best.

A Discord friend of mine has constantly bugged me to watch BNA (Brand New Animal). It wasn't what I was originally planning on doing but with no other ideas it's what I've decided to watch next. If, for no other reason, than to get them to stop bugging me about it.

Back