• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Aw man, I've been reading so much manga and I completely forgot this thread existed.

Last manga I read was volumes 4 and 5 of Hunter x Hunter. I'm really enjoying it so far, although I'm sad the group has split up at the point I'm at now because I liked everyone's dynamic so much.

Years
  • Man, the last anime I watched was "Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai" (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)

Right now I'm re-watching ToraDora, and I recently started reading the Fire Force manga

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I still don't get or accept the BS excuse that Demon Slayer is now 'too expensive to air on Toonami' and it just seems like a ridiculous excuse to me.

Either way Demon Slayer S2/Demon Slayer Entertainment District Arc officially started with an english dub via Funimation subscription only yesterday. Luckily I have one. So I guess I'll watch it this way since there's no choice clearly.

Either way this anime is still HYPE 😍

Kim-desu

The "S" Introvert
    Years
    • Najimi (he/her) idk
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    I was actually trying to find this for about a month now, didn't expect to find it here.

Kim-desu

The "S" Introvert
    Years
    • Najimi (he/her) idk
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    I just finished Nidome no Yuusha, genre is revenge which is what I like.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I picked up a bunch of manga so gonna dive into some of those soon!

In terms of anime, I'm still up to date on AoT, watching Iruma and resumed my shared watch with my partner of Yuu Yuu Hakusho (which we've been watching forever as it's long and takes us so long to watch things together, but we're pretty close to the end now!).

I also started a cute & short super niche Chinese anime called Cat's Tea!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've read like 65 manga volumes so far this year and I keep forgetting to post here haha.

Last night I started Witch Hat Atelier and wow it's absolutely gorgeous. I only read one volume but I really love it so far if only for the art. The story is kind of intriguing but probably needs a bit more to hook me on its own.

I also read volumes 1-5 of How Do We Relationship? and it's been great! It has a beautiful clean art style and I'm surprised at how messy it is. I'm not even sure if the two main characters are meant to end up together one day, but now I have to wait to find out because I'm enjoying the translation too much to bother reading ahead in Japanese. I have to wait for new volumes either way.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I started watching Dragon Ball Super last week. About time I got into something Dragon Ball-related that isn't Dragon Ball Z. I'm watching the sub version, which might take me some getting used to after watching the dub for the whole of Dragon Ball Z.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I finished Cat's Tea and also a shorter kawaii horror type series Alien 9. Alien 9 kind of reminded me of Madoka & Parasyte.
    Finished the third season of another niche Chinese anime Bai Gui Youeryuan (100 spirits kindergarten) waiting for the 4th season of that to finish and be available before bingeing that too.
    Still watching Iruma too.

I started watching Dragon Ball Super last week. About time I got into something Dragon Ball-related that isn't Dragon Ball Z. I'm watching the sub version, which might take me some getting used to after watching the dub for the whole of Dragon Ball Z.

I did the same thing when it first aired and warmed to the sub of super pretty quickly! I still haven't watched the dub since although I'd guess that's finished now too! It's actually made me want to go back and watch DB & Z subbed after only ever watching the english dub!
    Both have their merits, hope you enjoy the sub!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm finally making my way through Tokyo Ghoul after like… five years lol.

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The last anime I watched was Black Clover. About to start the 8th arc. So far it's very cool!
    I am taking a bit of a break though since this arc has a lot of episodes.

The last manga I read was Naruto. Reading the Search for Tsunade arc right now iirc.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Last manga I've read is the first chapter of the sequel to Konjiki no Gash (aka Zatch Bell).

Actually, it might be one of the only chapters I read of that manga, too. The Happy Ending Override is one of my least favourite tropes and the mangaka went full steam ahead with it, in the most brutal way possible. The original manga already had an undercurrent of sadness which turned me off it in the long run, but to think it was all for nothing drains me of my motivation to read the sequel.

Way to go, Raiku. /s

Years
  • Just finished s1 of Jujutsu Kaisen recently and I'm in the process of trying to summon up the energy to review it properly for the monthly thread lol.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I recently finished the Samurai 8 manga which was pretty underwhelming for me despite being a huge Kishimoto fan, I guess the gripes a lot of people had with it were fair.

For anime I'm still watching new AoT & Iruma-kun atm

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Just finished the last episode of My Dress Up Darling v.v nothing left to look forward to on the weekends for a bit now

Back