• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
  • Licence to Kill (1989)

My partner had never seen this one and she loved it! Well most of it anyway! She didn't like TLD a great deal...

Next stop Goldeneye!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Just watched Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame and, my god, it was much darker and much more theatrical than I remembered.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What was the last movie you watched?

The Batman, 2022
    Incredible!

Years
  • Turning Red

It was awesome! I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did going in, and I was bent over with laughter for half the film! Highly recommended!!!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Rurouni Kenshin: The Final (2021)
    Binged the live action Rurouni Kenshin films a couple of weeks ago. Accidentally started with the prequel instead of the first film oops.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • we watched half of The Corpse Bride today lmao but actually my most recent complete movie was rewatching The Breakfast Club. very good movie, still, but yknow. also very ingrained in its time period. but that was kinda the point for me- i'm on an 80s movie kick so i can immerse myself in it for the '80s pokémon rp we just started up :)

Years
  • Senior Year (2022) and Easy A (2010) on the same day a few days ago. Both were pretty... interesting, to say the least.

Years
  • The Northman

I thought it was electrifying. I am glad I saw it. This Icelandic legend inspired Hamlet, and I like Shakespeare, and really love mythology, especially Norse, so it was something that appealed to me when some of my family was going to see it, but it's better than I expected.

i appreciate how the dialogue of the characters is Edda-like, and the storytelling is full of imagination with visuals that say even more than words. The world really came alive. I love the idea of how Amleth's sword works, the berserker scenes were great, and adored it when the Valkyrie would ride. The vision of Amleth's family tree was quite beautiful near the end--in fact all the visions of the future and communications with the other world I found riveting. It was directed well, a very intense film full of magic, albeit dark magic. You follow the character to hell.

Everybody is ruthless, vengeful and willing to get down in the mire and sweat, and wade through blood and tears. It's a barbaric world and everyone is a product of the brutal time and place they live in, nobody looks too glamorous, even kings have dirt under their fingernails.

The violence is hard to watch at times. People are mutilated and die in almost every possible way from being set on fire to crucified, disemboweled, dismembered and more, women, children, animals, anything that breathes can meet a disturbing end, but it is with a purpose to show the Viking world in an authentic way, and I thinking they really succeed in making a gritty and intense experience.

I think Alexander Skarsgaard has some fierce presence in the title role, and fell in love with the character of Olga and how Anya Taylor Joy portrayed this mystical character. The acting of the entire cast is good. I didn't even recognize Ethan Hawke in the role. He was wonderful as Amleth's father Aurvandill, and so was Claes Bang as his younger brother Fjölnir. I liked Gustav Lindh too. The child actors are very expressive as well. I wasn't sure about Nicole Kidman in this part at first. In some of the early scenes I didn't think she was very natural, but as the plot thickened, and new dimension to her character was realized, I changed my opinion and think she was also really good in the part, definitely a very interesting interpretation and this is from someone who isn't a big fan of hers.

This movie is something out there, and might not be for everyone, but it's a film for me and my quirky ways.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Not sure if this counts, but I finished Netflix's The Joy of Painting. Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed. If you're looking for some earnest heartbreak in your life, well come get your palette knife of titanium white cause there's enough to go around. :'(

Years
  • Finally got chance to watch my favourite Bond film - On Her Majesty's Secret Service - on the big screen after all these years! Contrary to what some people *cough* Inky *cough* might think, I wasn't actually around for the original release!!!

It was a pretty emotional experience and I may have cried several times 😊

Back