• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

blue

gucci
Years
  • Right, Lurantis will be going straight onto my team. It is by far my new favourite Alola Pokemon and now this generation is making it seriously tough to pick just six Pokemon for a team. ;_;

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    Definitely Popplio as starter. I'm going for elegance theme/route for my team. For my walktrough, I'll be avoiding using old Pokemon and giving the chance for all the new Pokes to grow on me.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I know I said I wasn't going to plan my team in advance, but there's now so many new Pokemon I like the look of. So far, I have decided on Litten/Rowlett, Bewear, Rockruff, Drampa, Salandit (if I pick Rowlett) or Lurantis (if I pick Litten) and Oricorio. Although, this may change when more new Pokemon are revealed.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Litten
    Spoiler:

Cutiefly
    My best friend.

Fomantis > Lurantis
    It's beautiful. I love praying mantises. Sorry, berry-looking Grass-Type. Maybe if you evolved!

Oricorio
    I'm still torn on Flamenco or Sensu style. I love both (especially Flamenco, one of my favorite music genres and dance styles) but I already have a Fire-Type through my starter. Maybe I'll use Flamenco first and replace it with a Sensu style later.

Rockruff
    Still a little iffy on if this pup will come with me to the Champion's room, but I'm sure I'll use it at least in the beginning.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    As of right now...

Popplio
    Wimpod (I like the idea of turning a cowardly Pokemon into a brave fighter)
    Mimikyu
    Mudsdale
    Lurantis
    And either Pikipek or Oricorio, depending on possible evolutions.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Something like this, though it's a tentative list:
    Rowlet
    Mimikyu
    Alolan-Vulpix/Snowshrew (I expect them to be version differences)
    Oricorio Baille Style (Flamenco)
    Mudsdale
    Salandit

Definitely catching these, as I have a thing for Grass-types:
    Bounsweet
    Comfey
    Lurantis

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    More than likely/essentially yes:

Litten
    Lucario

Possibly:

Vikavolt
    Lurantis
    Mudsdale

Edit: Am I like the only one here who's planning on using Pokémon outside of the new ones/Alolan forms? :p

Last edited:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Right now, it's looking like:
    Definite yes:
    Alola Ninetales (oh my gosh she's just the most beautiful and perfect thing)
    Mudsdale (because I can't not have a new horse on my team)

Almost certainly:
    Salandit
    Mimikyu

Still considering:
    Cutiefly
    Komala
    Rockruff
    Rowlet (if the leaks are true)
    Litten (if they miraculously turn out to not be true.)

Last edited:

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I am not so sure yet since I keep changing the team once the new mons are revealed so I will definitely wait until I see all the pokemon but as the moment, a team full of bears has come to my mind

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2021
    So far I'm only certain about using Rowlet and Mimikyu. But Minior / Drampa / and Wimpod are definitely contenders as well, I'll just have to wait and see if they grow on me enough.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Lunaris and Alola Ninetales are definitely going on my team :) Maybe Drampa too. I still don't know what starter I'm going to pick, though. Litten is what I'm thinking of right now, but if the leaks are real I'm not sure what I'm gonna do LOL. Maybe Popplio.

edit: Forgot about Salandit! I really like it, and I hope it gets an evolution.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Two Pokemons I am 100% SURE will put on my team will be Popplio/it's evolution line and Mudbray/Mudsdale.
    Salandit I am about 75% going to have on my team. I like poisoning the opponent, but with that x4 weakness to ground I'm not as sure.
    Maybe the new Sandslash or Ninetales, I'm not sure about those ones.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What my team will be if I pick Rowlet:

Robingroot (rumored name), Salandit, Alola Arcanine (rumored to be Water), Alola Alakazam (rumored to be Fighting), Alola Ninetales, and Mudsdale

If I pick Litten however:

Panthster (rumored name and possibly part Dark), Alola Exeggutor, Alola Arcanine, Alola Alakazam, Alola Sandslash, and Vikavolt

Finally, if I pick Popplio:

Entermaid (rumored name and possibly part Fairy), Alola Exeggutor, Salandit, Alola Alakazam, Rockruff, and Vikavolt

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    At the moment I have eight Pokemon that I'm considering. I don't want to rotate so it's going to be tough to figure out who gets a spot.

What will your team be?

Rowlet, Drampa, Mimikyu, Wimpod, Bruxish, Salandit, Mudsdale, Minior

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Popplio
    Lurantis
    Bewear
    Cutiefly (ofc)
    Mimikyu
    Oricorio (idk what form D:)

Might be the first time I don't use the legendary although I might depending on the difficulty.

I suppose I can have a team for moon too.

Rowlet
    Pikipek
    Litten
    Bounsweet
    Vikavolt
    Drampa

Years
  • Oh man so far my team would consist of Rowlett and Mimikyu - not sure I want to send over mons till after I beat the game a few times. You know to get more than one legendary xp

Sirfetch’d

So, out of curiosity (I kinda skimmed some of this thread, so I apologize if I missed it, somewhere), how many of you are planning on putting Alola Exeggutor in your team?

I will be! I have this rule about never using past Pokemon when playing a new game but I will make an exception. Since I will be playing both versions, I have room for 12 Pokemon on my team and Exeggutor deserves a slot. Bruxish, my starter, Comfey, Cutiefly, and Pikipek will almost certainly be on one of my teams too.

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    I know I'm going to pick Rowlet/Litten (still haven't decided ._.). Also deciding on Bounsweet (if Litten), Pikipek, Alola Ninetales, Komala, Mimikyu, and Salandit (if Rowlet).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So, out of curiosity (I kinda skimmed some of this thread, so I apologize if I missed it, somewhere), how many of you are planning on putting Alola Exeggutor in your team?
    I'm not gonna. I'm not into it really and the memes are already starting to get old.

Alola Ninetales tho.....

Back