• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    I like Litten, and Vikavolt looks pretty cool too. Salandit would be good strategically as it can poison any type. Tapu koko looks nice too. Stat wise im clueless though. I guess ima just see when the games come out :P

Years
  • Lycanroc's Midnight Form seems to have now earned Rockruff a slot on my Moon team. I have never used a Rock-type as part of my main story team, and that edgy design sealed it further. Surprised it's Midday Form that's getting more love though.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm going to make a tentative team for both Sun and Moon because I just can't resist :P

Tentative Sun team:
    -Torracat
    -Pikipek
    -Vikavolt
    -Wishiwashi or Pyukumuku
    -Palossand
    -Lurantis, Morelull, Crabrawler, or Passimian (depending on their stats and movepools and how Litten's and Pikipek's final evolutions will turn out)

Tentative Moon team:
    -Dartrix
    -Salandit, Turtonator, or Alola Marowak
    -Alola Raichu
    -Wishiwashi or Pyukumuku (depending on which one I didn't use in Sun)
    -Mudsdale
    -Mimikyu

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    I'm planning on trying to work turtonator into a team since the idea of having a dragon that only takes neutral damage from fairy and ice appeals to me. It would look great next to mega blastoise. Yes, I like turtles.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Sun team:
    Rowlet + evos
    Rockruff + evo (Midday)
    Mimikyuu
    Alolan Vulpix
    ???
    ???

Moon team:
    Popplio + evos
    Alolan Raichu
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

Usually when I try to plan this stuff, it never works out the way I plan...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • So far I'm considering to use these:
    - Popplio/Brionne
    - Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales
    - Cutiefly/Pikachu/Alolan Raichu/Vikavolt
    - Eevee

More will be coming on later.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I'm probably going to do a rotation. Starter will probably be Litten, although it's currently 70:30 with Rowlet.

Not sure about a Water type yet. Hoping more Pokemon will be released in the upcoming days.

Years
  • Like said above, the final evolutions aren't official yet, however we know they will be what decides the fate of our starter choice. If the starters get version exclusive forms and Popplio's Moon form ends up being ugly, I may have to switch my choice to Rowlet or box my starter altogether, making this the first generation that I could potentially not like any of the final evolutions, or at least all forms of them for one version.

If I end up ditching Popplio due to its leaked final evo being in Sun and not Moon, I might end up using Pyukumuku as my Water-type instead. A reason why version-exclusive starter evolutions shouldn't happen.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Ideally: Rowlet (final evo), Mudsdale, Lycanroc (midday version), Oranguru, Baile Oricorio, Alolan Sandslash. It's annoying that Oranguru and the Lycanroc form that I want are in different games. Other considerations though are Litten and Salandit. I'm intrigued to see what their final evolutions are.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Ideally: Rowlet (final evo), Mudsdale, Lycanroc (midday version), Oranguru, Baile Oricorio, Alolan Sandslash. It's annoying that Oranguru and the Lycanroc form that I want are in different games. Other considerations though are Litten and Salandit. I'm intrigued to see what their final evolutions are.
    How about buying both games? Then you could use Rowlet and Salandit in one game, and Litten and Oricorio in the other. Additionally, you could use Lycanroc in Sun, and Oranguru in Moon.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • How about buying both games? Then you could use Rowlet and Salandit in one game, and Litten and Oricorio in the other. Additionally, you could use Lycanroc in Sun, and Oranguru in Moon.

Could do. Already pre-ordered Sun so might buy Moon on release day and then I should have them both at the same time. :D

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Okay so I know this will change in the game plus we haven't seen all the pokemon but my team (for now) might be...

FOR SURE

Rowlet's line
    Salandit
    Type:Null
    Marowak

So two spot left. It might be one of them:

PROBABLY
    Lycanroc day form
    Vikavolt
    Wishiwashi
    Sandslash

AND MAYBE

Pikipek's line
    Lurantis
    Ocorico (ghost form)
    Palossand
    Passimian

I'm pretty sure I'll end up like in X and Y: I play the game slowly, train a lot, my pokemon got too strong, have to change my team with lower levels Pokemon, so I end up with a team of 8 or 9 pokemon hehe.
    I'll probably use many Pokemon so I can use them online in the same time but for this I hope we have the super training so I can be ready. Oh and the IV guy sooner will be nice too.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • So far, I keep toggling through different options for my party. While I am unsure of what starter to choose, I think I have enough to post now:

-either Rowlet's final evolution, or Popplio's final evo
    -Midday Lycanroc
    -Alolan Persian or Alolan Raticate
    -Palossand
    -Crabrawler (if I use Rowlet) or Lurantis (if I choose Popplio)
    -Cutiefly's final evo, or the electric Orocorio

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Considering the starter leaks are real...
    Team 1: Popplio, Lurantis, Alola Ninetales, Alola Raichu, Lugarugan
    Team 2: Rowlet, Shirodesuna

Really considering Jangmo-o, Salandit, Drampa, depending on the first two's evolutions.

Got a full team now :)
    1: Popplio, Lurantis, Raichu, Ninetales, Day Lycanroc, Jararanga
    2: Rowlet, Palossand, Night Lycanroc, Silvadi
    3: Litten, probably Sandslash and Drampa
    Considering, some still waiting for evos: Salandit, Marowak, Komala, Pikipek

Still assuming the starter evos from Chinese leak are real. Subject to change if not.

Years
  • so I might get both versions now so my teams for each would currently planning to be

sun
    1. Rowlet/Dartrix/whatever the third evo is called
    2. Lycanroc
    3. Lurantis
    4. Oricorio Sensu Style
    5. Alolan Ninetales
    6. Passimian

moon
    1. Popplio/Brionne/whatever the third evo is called
    2. Lycanroc
    3. Mimikyu
    4. Salandit
    5. Jararanga
    6. Alolan Raichu

granted there are still more pokemon to be revealed so some members might change but I'm def having a lycanroc, jararanga and alolan ninetales on my team on first playthrough even if I only do end up getting one version.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    With the evolutions of Bounsweet and Jangmo-o revealed, it has become even harder to fill up the last slot in my Litten team. But if Litten becomes Fire/Fighting and Pikipek becomes Grass/Flying, I guess I'll go with Mimikyu, and use Mudsdale as my Ground type.

Back