• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

blue

gucci
Years
  • Ok, now I need to figure out whether I'm willing to have two Grass-type Pokemon on my team. Bounsweet's evolutions are just stunning and I reaaally want to use them along with Lurantis! ;;

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Been ages since I posted here but there hasn't been much to say.

Dartrix
    Drampa

Those two are pretty much certainties now.

Bruxish
    Salandit
    Mudsdale
    Minior
    Pyukumuku
    Morelull
    Mimikyu
    Wimpod
    Pallossand
    Ribombee

Those are the potentials I'm thinking about. I wasn't that interested in Cutiefly but Ribombee is starting to turn that around. I hope it gets another evolution.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Damn....after the new info came out I have to change up my team now:

For Sure on My Main Team:

Pokemon Sun:

Brionne
    Tsareena
    Lycanroc
    Vikavolt
    Kommo-o

Last Slot: Unless I see something interesting the two competing for my last pokemon are Rhibombee( if it evovles) and Mudsdale.

Pokemon Moon:

For sure for my Moon Team:
    Dartrix
    Oranguru
    Crawlbrawler
    Pallossand
    Mimikyu
    Type:Null(Water Form, Hopefully it learns surf)

Some other options for this team would be Midnight Lycanroc because it's warming up on me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    I have some vague plans for my team. I want to go in blind, so I may change my mind several times as I go through the game. I always use a grass type, a water type, a fire type, a flyer, and two extras. Rowlet checks off two of those and it's been a while since I've used a grass starter, so I'm choosing Rowlet. I also want to use at least one Alola form, probably Alolan Ninetales. I definitely want to use Type: Null/Silvally, but it'll depend on when you get it in the game. I'm surprised at how few water types have been revealed (which is ironic considering that the region is based on Hawaii) so I'm not sure what water type I'll use. I might use Ash-Greninja depending on how it works to transfer it to Sun/Moon. I also might use Salandit for my fire-type. Finally, I definitely want to use a ghost type because I haven't used one in a really long time and they're cool. If Mimikyu evolves, then I'll probably use it; if not, then I might go with Sandygast/Pallosand.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    I'm super interested in Silvally and Kommo-o. I'd make Silvally a steel type. So off the top of my head, Litten, Lurantis, Silvally, Mimikyu, Kommo-o and Tapu Koko are the new ones I want to try the most. Passimian is also really cool too. Lots of Fighting types in there xD Especially if Litten evolves to be Fighting.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I tried to resist Silvally, but MMMMMM I'm starting to consider adding it to my team.

Also considering Kommo-o and Ash-Greninja, butttt not too sure.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I hope I get:

Rowlet's final evolution (which I might replace soon)
    Vikavolt (or Charjabug I will make hold an Everstone, or nothing)
    Turtonator
    Lurantis
    Mudsdale
    Silvally
    ...and a Crabrawler. This is obviously subject to change, but I'm adamant in my decision in getting Lurantis and Silvally.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    With the new reveals, my team has been updated.

Pokemon Moon team:

1st Slot: Torracat, "Flametail"
    2nd Slot: Pikipek, "Peeko"
    3rd Slot: Midnight Lycanroc, "Kodiak"
    4th Slot: Salandit
    5th Slot: Alolan Ninetales, "Glacia"
    6th Slot: Alolan Raichu, "Pancake"

EXTRAS:
    Silvally, "Lucius"
    Kommo-o, "Ramses"
    Tsareena, "Nicki Minaj"
    Lunala
    Zygarde, "Hades"

Sirfetch’d

I have changed this so many times but rn I think this(not worrying about exclusives b/c I will just trade)

Sun:
    Alolan Exeggutor
    Alolan Muk
    Alolan Raichu
    Alolan Ninetales
    Alolan Raticate
    Alolan Marowak

Moon:
    Popplio
    Bruxish
    Bounsweet
    Minior
    Oriocorio
    Lycanroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I'm forsaking my original plan of doing a Grass-only run, and will instead use only new Pokémon.

My first four slots go to Rowlet's final evo, Mudsdale, Salandit's evo, and Kommo-o.
    Slot five has been shortlisted to Vikavolt, Ribombee, or Wimpod's evo.
    The final slot is still up for grabs, but Mimikyu, Wishiwashi, Togedemaru, Oranguru, and Silvally are being considered.

Years
  • Team update for Moon following demo datamining leaks:
    Spoiler:

Komala is out due to the reveal of it not evolving, and I was considering Stufful/Bewear but I feel it will overlap too much with Pikipek (and I always use a flyer). Raichu will probably be my Alolan form of choice since I love its theme. Due to Poke Ride making HMs obsolete, I may swap Pikipek for an Alolan Vulpix later.

The fact we're not getting a lot of new Pokemon again (yay it's XY 2.0) means plans had to be changed a lot. I was planning only 7th Gen Pokemon but the limited options made me want an Alolan Form as well. May be changed depending on how late certain Pokemon are found.

And I'm so shocked no new Dark or Ice-types for this generation outside of Alolan Forms.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Team update for Moon following demo datamining leaks:
    Spoiler:

Komala is out due to the reveal of it not evolving, and I was considering Stufful/Bewear but I feel it will overlap too much with Pikipek (and I always use a flyer). Raichu will probably be my Alolan form of choice since I love its theme.

The fact we're not getting a lot of new Pokemon again (yay it's XY 2.0) means plans had to be changed a lot. I was planning only 7th Gen Pokemon but the limited options made me want an Alolan Form as well. May be changed depending on how late certain Pokemon are found.

And I'm so shocked no new Dark or Ice-types for this generation outside of Alolan Forms.

I am so disappointed about the no snowman pokemon, but no ice pokemon, yeah I am pretty disappointed. At least we have Alolan Ninetales.

Actually you and I have the same team except for one pokemon. I am opting for Lurantis over the Pikipek line:
    (Image contains Salandit evolution)
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Very odd we're planning the same team there, buddy. Another difference is me opting for Midnight Lycanroc instead.

It is shocking we didn't get the snowman or dolphin the Chinese leak was talking about. Guess those ideas are going to be on my 8th Gen wishlist then.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Okay, looks like I may have some changes on my team roster so far, given that I have saw the leaks everywhere, so it have spoilers, so for those who mind about those leaks should not looking atm until the game is ready. And this list is again, subject to change, and I may rotate my team on-the-fly in the game as usual.

Spoiler: Team Sun
    - Popplio/Brionne/(the final evolved form)
    - Cutiefly/Ribombee
    - Ash-Pikachu
    - Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales
    - Rockruff/Lyranroc Midday forme
    - Eevee (still undecided which Eeveelution should I choose)

Spoiler: Team Moon
    - Popplio/Brionne/(the final evolved form)
    - Cutiefly/Ribombee
    - Ash-Pikachu
    - Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales
    - Oranguru
    - Eevee (still undecided which Eeveelution should I choose)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since I guess we've seen everything now... here goes.

Spoiler:

I am not sure about evolving Morelull. I love it to bits and from what I've seen its evolution is just... alright. Which isn't enough.

Also, a bit of love for this guy, which will have a temporary spot on my team for sure <3
    Spoiler:

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • Well, the leaks helped me make up my mind! I will post this behind a spoiler tag, just in case:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Very odd we're planning the same team there, buddy. Another difference is me opting for Midnight Lycanroc instead.

It is shocking we didn't get the snowman or dolphin the Chinese leak was talking about. Guess those ideas are going to be on my 8th Gen wishlist then.
    Oh yeah, I remember you pre-ordered moon. I was too nervous about the split starter evolutions being speculated, but I plan to pre-order Sun today. I like both Lycanrocs, but I prefer the Sun form just a bit more.

It's really sad actually about the dolphin and snowman. I mean, I cannot even begin to understand how we have not recieved a dolphin pokemon yet, let alone not recieving one in a region based on Hawaii!!!! Maybe their is a post-release legendary that is a dolphin??? :/

I'm happy the starter final evolutions were finally confirmed alongside Salandit's elegantly badass evolution so I could solidify my team. Overall though, I am a bit somber about the datamined info. :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • In case anybody wanted to use this as a resource, here's the entire Alola Pokedex: [DATAMINING SPOILERS PRESENT] https://t.co/sasBI4KDIn

So, my finalized teams are:
    Team 1: Popplio / Day Lycanroc / Lurantis / Kommo-o / Raichu / Ninetales
    Team 2: Rowlet / Pikipek / Palossand / Salandit / Silvally / Wishiwashi
    Team 3: Litten / Drampa / Tsareena

Most likely going to also use some previous generation Pokemon I haven't used in a playthrough yet, such as Vaporeon or Pangoro.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Actually what people thought would be a Snowman was probably Crabrawler evolution who is a white and blue crab.

Back