• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you name your children?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I remember this thread was a thing back before I went on my massive forum hiatus. I never posted in it, but it seemed interesting, so I went and revived it. So basically what names would you bestow to your kids(if you plan to have them)?

Well for me, I guess I'll just go with a name I personally think is cool/nice, haha. But that and I'll probably partly let the wife decide too I guess.

Also I remember this from the prev thread:
    I'm gonna name mine one of Ampera, Kelvin, Litra, Meetre, and probably Shekan.

...not sure how I'll make Mole as a decent sounding name but I'll find a way.
    I can imagine what mole's classmates will think of him:
    "Ha ha! Hey Mole! Why aren't ya underground? Do ya come to school by digging?"
    "Maybe he does. I'll totally digging him if that's true!"

...Okay, I'm not saying it's a bad name choice but it's still kinda funny to think about.
    Also kinda unrelated but one of the other name choices mentioned happens to be a forumer's username from my previous forum.

Pmurt Dlanod

i don't like pokemon
    Years
  • For a boy, I would choose "Donald Michael." I'll report back sometime on a girl's name.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • It's too early for me to think of children lol, not that I don't want them because I do in the future
    But anyways, there's absolutely zero chance of me ever naming my child something like "Airwrecka" or any different spellings of existing names, or mashing words to create an "original" name, or transforming some random name into a gender-neutral name.

The only name that was ever really on my mind was Lydia for a girl. Other than that, the thought of children hasn't ever even crossed my mind. I have a course to finish first and a financial situation to stabilize first.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My mom wants her grandchildren to carry an A name, like how my sisters are. If the boyfriend/husband wants to carry down his name, if it was a boy, then the next son will be named after the father.

Seeing as I haven't decided if I want to have kids yet, if I DO decide, there would be the names I'd go for:

Girl: Avery Rae, Aileen, Allison, Alana
    Boy: Alan, Alonso, Alfredo, Aidan

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • I always loved the name Cynthia even before pokemon, i guess now it just has added meaning, Sofia is also an option if Cynthia is too weird for a portuguese girl. For a boy probably the name Axel or yet again for a portuguese option Miguel. Sadly its not only my opinion so i'll have some negotiations to do with my future gf

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    idk probably the name of a dead family member or something

Years
  • chandler as an homage to one of the most hilarious characters to ever be on television. (not actually for that reason, i really like the name chandler, but i also love the character so like...) i have some other ideas but thats probably one of my favorite ones. everett is another one i like. for a girl, i honestly am not sure, i dont have any names im really set on. aria/riley/lily are all ones i like but don't love

Years
  • I've always liked the names Felicity, Grace, Emma and Eve when it comes to girls names but good names for boys are so much harder. Cameron, Caleb and Ethan are all good. Alex is probably my favourite name for a boy, but I couldn't do it because I know too many and have used the name for too many characters... including a murderous psychopath.

I guess really there's a lot of names I like the sound of lmao. There's no way in hell I'd ever have even close to enough children to use them all though xD

Years
  • I mean Illya is a pretty cute name for a girl so I would be up for that and I like the name Leo for a boy so there we go

blue

gucci
    Years
  • while having kids is the last thing on my mind right now, i do like the names george and amelia/melody for a boy and girl respectively.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • when my fiance and i were 17 we were going to name our kid Mara Jade after the Star Wars character

good thing we have since decided we are not having kids

Back