• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's something you do that you know is bad for your health but you just can't avoid it?

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
  • smoking and drinking.

i also don't eat well. i tend to skip meals and starve myself and when i do eat it's not exactly healthy food. i don't exercise either but i have physical reasons for that. oh yeah, i also have a horrible sleep habit.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Eating unhealthy food is one thing. It's harder for me to eat most foods for personal reasons I won't get into. I also have a very poor sleep schedule. It probably doesn't help my health much by staying up all the time. :| I'm already overweight... and the real scary part is that I'm at risk for becoming diabetic. My dad has it, and I think it runs on his side of the family.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Probably a common one but sleeping way too late/not getting enough sleep - I think it's killing me and I may have ruined my sleep cycle for good

I actually had no idea sleeping on my stomach was bad for me though, guess I'll add that to the list

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Ruining my sleep schedule on weekends and holidays while staring at bright screens all day (and late into the night) at the same time.
    Also picking at the skin on my fingers has been a bad habit of mine for years and I'm still doing it - I'm not sure if it's some kind of a stress reaction but I always do it anyways no matter how strictly someone tells me to stop.
    Also also skipping meals is something I do as well but I'm not usually very hungry anyways so it doesn't feel like such an unhealthy thing (even though it likely is).

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I know I shouldn't sit for too long, especially not when my posture is not correct, yet I do it every time... It's definitely why I still feel something from my bruised ribcage a year later.

Pave Low2

Everything
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2018
    Sitting for long periods throughout the day. Sometimes I sit basically the entire day.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    also: the Off-topic forums on pokécommunity.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Running for definite, especially at work. I know I shouldn't but I always think "Oh 10 feet won't hurt"

Also the usual of poisoning myself for fun, alcohol for example. But I've done a really good job of cutting back on all that recently.

Oh and also I eat an ungodly amount of cheese, I really need to work on that.

And also procrastinating, as its really detrimental to my mental wellbeing.

Years
  • I can't avoid my wacky sleep schedule thanks to work, even though I know how bad it is for me. Some days I have to leave as early as 6 AM, and other days I don't have to be out the door until the early afternoon. Unfortunately, there are too many times where I have a late shift followed by an early shift, and I only get a few hours sleep, if I'm lucky.

One thing I know I can and probably should avoid but can't is pop/soda/whatever you call it where you're from. I know my body will probably hate me for it in 20 years, but bubbly sugar water is just soooo goooood.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Eating way too much junk food. I have a serious weakness for fries. And Chinese food. Doesn't help that I'm always eating out because I never feel like cleaning up after cooking xd

Also staying up too late and not getting any sleep. Like now for example ~_~

User19sq

I crush on girls I can never hope to get. Oh well. XDDDDDD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I eat way too many sweets, and when I eat salty foods I use way too much said salt, or cook fatty things too much. Bad dieting habits, I guess.

Over the last couple of years I've finally tried to cut back, but sometimes I just go back to eating terribly for days at a time. lol

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • for me large quantity of diet coke I drink

Yes, I do drink water, tea, milk, juice - overall I prefer diet coke over everything else

Back