• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your earliest memory?

Years
  • When I was 4, my room had like an enclave instead of a closet and it scared the shit out of me. I could swear the clothes were moving.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • This is a hard question for me because I've been told so much about my early childhood that I don't know what is a genuine memory and what is a mental recreation from what I've been told. It's probably not the earliest memory I have, but it's the one that I can say with 100% certainty has no outside influence. I remember being alone in our barn, (different house than the one I'm living in now) and heard the sound of something crying behind the hay bales. Turned out one of our cats had kittens behind there, and I remember my mother and I spending a few hours trying to get them out. We did eventually succeed lol. I was probably 2 or 3 at the time.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I vaguely remember sitting on a big couch in a daycare, though I don't remember any details past that point, like what age I was or where the daycare was. I wanna say I was something like 3 or 4 years old. From that point it's just a bunch of scattered memories up until I was around 7 or 8.

Years
    • Online now
    As a toddler I remember my dad leaving for work each day. He specifically used our back door. Confirmed this with my mom and that memory is correct. He always left using that door. A few of my earliest memories involve my dad.

I have a strong early memory. I can remember specfic events from preschool including names of my classmates and the layout of the room.

Years
  • Crawling along the floor as a little one. I also remember when I was a toddler, I was playing on the family computer, I fell off the chair, the keyboard fell with me, and I had to have stitches on my right eyelid.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Maybe not the earliest memory that I can remember, but this one is definitely distinctive. I was probably around 3 or 4 at the time, since one of my younger sisters was involved. She (who was around 1 or 2 at the time) cut me with a knife she somehow got from the kitchen. It was just the lightest graze against my forearm (no bleeding as far as I remember), and I remember standing in the hallway right in front of the doorway to another room. My mom filled me in the rest of the context when I told her about this memory- I was trying to get the knife away from her since I knew it was dangerous for her to have.

Years
  • probably being in the hospital at 2 years old for a bad case with pneumonia

my parents said that the daycare facility i was going to did not take good care of me and kept me not warmly dressed when it was cold outside

Back