• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga what's your favorite anime?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Right now it's Ergo Proxy. The atmosphere, story, characters, and world kept me engaged from start to finish. I look forward to eventually rewatching since I'll be able to pick up the details I missed the first time.

My second favorite is Cowboy Bebop. I love the themes of moving on from your past and the action is wonderfully animated. I adore the soundtrack too. The song and animation that plays at the end of the final episode blew me away.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    If I had to choose one right now I would go with Black Clover.

But for me my fav tier like a 4-way tie between Black Clover, Ranma, Kenichi and Pokemon

Years
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Both are perfection, but FMA probably wins out due to being perfect in literally every single way - HxH has some flaws here and there (like certain arcs/episodes being a bit too long/drawn out). Both are incredible series.

Years
  • Higurashi is my favourite series. It's a brilliant mix of genres and absolutely nails story, characters and atmosphere. It's sequel series is fantastic too, but maybe not quite as good as the original two seasons.

Some close seconds include Serial Experiments Lain, AnoHana, Shinsekai Yori, Your Name and Looking Up at the Half Moon.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Vinland Saga. The masterful soundtrack, the brilliant character writing and the story, all of it are phenomenal.

Golden Kamuy too. It's essentially an adventure at its core but the ever-shifting tides, the amazing characters and how no one is bad or good - but have their own goals to fulfill and how they accompany each other across their polarizing differences amazes me

Years
  • Ping Pong:the Animation.

I didn't think it possible to make a good sports anime. But this one proved me wrong. It's a beautifully animated and told story of the harsh reality of professional sports at a young age. I cannot recommend it highly enough! There are others I think are great such as Steins;Gate, OddTaxi, Nichijou, but there will never be another anime that has such an effect on me as Ping-Pong: the animation. And for that reason, its my number 1!

Years
  • I don't really know if I have a singular favorite, but Gintama came to mind first, so I suppose I could just go with that.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The easiest answer is bleach :)
    I've watched the entire series at least a dozen times at this point since when I can't find something else to listen to as I go to bed I usually turn it on. I know I watched it at least twice in high school and have watched it with full attention about 3-4 times since then.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I second Gintama and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. They are top rated and well loved anime for many reasons. Great character development, comedic timing, and serious moments that really have you cheering for the characters by the time it's all over. I wish I could experience watching these two for the first time again. I can watch them again and again too!

Honorable mentions to Code Geass and Made in Abyss. They each have their wow/shock factor that, for me, had the greatest impact on my first watch. When I rewatched them, I know what is about to happen, so I am mentally prepared this time lol.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • My favorite is One Piece as right now. Dragon Ball used to be, but One Piece completely taken over the spot as my favorite.

Days
  • For one, I like nearly anything by Studio Ghibli. As far as series go, my favorites are Yu Yu Hakusho, Slayers, Galaxy Angel, All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku, and Outlaw Star. I'm currently finishing up Taisho Baseball Girls.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Mekaku City Actors and Idolish7. I will defend both of these shows with my life. Durarara and Fruits Basket are close seconds.

Back