• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your skill level?

pkmin3033

What would you consider your skill level as a gamer to be? What areas do you excel in, and which do you struggle with? Also, how many times has your perception of your skill level been challenged? Ever come across a game you should be able to do easily, only find yourself unable to?

I'm actually really interested to see how people rank themselves, because after playing through Megaman X1-5 I thought myself pretty good at these kinds of games, and now I'm playing Megaman Zero and quickly re-evaluating myself haha.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I consider myself to be very skilled at certain games, mainly shooters. This didn't come from my own perception though, rather others started to call me a god and stuff and so I started to think of myself as a fairly skilled individual in these type of games.

The thing is I play a lot with friends and their skill level is considerably lower than mine, so often I'm backpacking 4 friends to a victory or a near defeat. A lot of the times they just drop me a good weapon when we are all low on funds just cause they just want me on a good weapon at all times haha.

I really excel at fast reaction shots, mainly with sniper rifles to a point where voice chat goes crazy whenever I hit a shot within 1 millisecond of seeing the dude on my screen.

I used to be good at RTS games aswell, but since I started to enjoy FPS games that skill kinda got rusty, so I don't consider myself to be good at those games, although beating up the AI is still easy :P

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm just average at best really, I wouldn't call myself good at anything

Years
  • I'd say im like mid-high skill level maybe? Like I'm pretty good at shooters having played them for years, and always get pretty capable at RPGs, MMOs etc once I get used to their systems. Games with puzzles are my big weakness though lmao, I had to use google for almost all the divine beasts in BotW...in fact I don't think I've ever finished a game that features puzzle without help.

Years
  • Absolutely terrible at shooters, haha. I can't aim to save my life, but I've found some calling in Overwatch at least with the characters that are less aim-reliant (as sad as that sounds). I'm rather adept at playing RPGs and fighting games, I would say, due to picking up both genres quite early on as a kid.

Years
  • Oh gosh... like, 2. 3 at best. I am bad at most games and quit quickly if I can't beat something. :( I don't enjoy struggling/hardcore grinds in most games and like to experience the story with little stress. Am probably bad at most games, especially RPGs since I noticed they tend to be hard for me lol. Still haven't beaten the original Bravely Default....on easy mode. Also really bad at games that require a quick reaction time, like FPS.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think I'm very skilled at any game, haha. I enjoy games and play them for my own sake, but I'm not very competitive (I stay away from ranked in LoL for example) and I don't really optimize my way of playing as it's more worth for me to enjoy it than to reach great SUCCESS

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I am so young gamer, but I have my duties now, so I have to learn it) It turned to be interesting, but I like to play more than create))

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The times when I bothered playing difficult games has long passed. The difficulty can go up to "grinding until I'm op" mostly because grinding is somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine. I do, however, have shifted more towards well written and complicated plotlines in games.

User Anon 1848

Intermediate seems to be my ceiling on any game I apply myself to. No wonder I prefer single player. :laugh-squinted:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Clearly not high enough to get the true ending of Cave Story or even beat Mega Man 7. I guess I'm just not very good at reflexes.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Probably average or below average. Mostly because I don't Platinum/get everything in a game unless it's easy or doable for me. I don't play on anything above 'Normal' difficulties. Sometimes I'll even play on lower difficulties if the game is too hard for me. I don't do post-game content at all unless there's something interesting in it that I want to do.

I'm pretty crap at rhythm, fighting, and racing games. I don't even get 2 of those game styles. Fighting games are too difficult to understand for me and require too much memorization. The communities for them with their 'selfish' and 'git gud' mentalities and unwillingness to help others improve doesn't make that any better. It's why I dropped Pokken Tournament DX and I decided to just stick to Smash games and just 'play for fun' if I happen to get any other fighting game(s) in the future.

Tactical games are too confusing for me and gives me headaches so I don't like/do them either. Digimon Survive will be the exception though. Because Digimon that's why.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think I used to be a lot better at video games and now I'm just average. I don't tend to like multiplayer games unless it's cooperative and I'm playing with friends because I get anxious that I'm not pulling my weight by not being good enough.

I just don't really have the drive to put the hours in to get better at most games and the games I used to be really good at, I probably am no longer great with for lack of playing. But that's fine, I'm just in it for the fun anyway.

Years
  • I'd be lying if I said I didn't go hard on a few particular games, specifically whatever fighting game/RPG I bother to put time into.

I guess it really just depends on the type of game in question? I'm probably somewhere above average across the board, though.

Back