• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you meet your first girlfriend/boyfriend and how?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    Hey all! Its your main weirdo fong here with a question for all you lovely ladies and gentlemen. When did you get your first girlfriend/boyfriend,how exactly did you meet them and did you have any regrets(if you broke up with them?) Apologies in advance if anyone gets painful memories from this thread....

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My first girlfriend lived across the street from me. I can't remember how we met or how we broke up. I was in the 6th grade.

I saw her again a few days ago at a Chinese place. She had a baby. I recognized her and immediately turned the other way, hahaha.

Years
  • I went to school with my first girlfriend. I thought she was pretty, so it would make sense for me to date her, right? So, I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes! We're happily engaged now.

Kidding, we broke up like two weeks later.
    ..I actually have no idea what happened to her. No one that we went to school with does.

...I hope she's okay. D:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I met my first real girlfriend in band. One of my friends had dated her during band camp and I had liked her but knew I had no real chance. Then during Jazz band a few months later I was standing next to her and her friend was on the other side of me. We had been flirting for a while I guess and then I leaned over to her friend and asked her to text her for me because I didn't really know how to ask a girl out without being totally awkward. And then we dated.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I met my first girlfriend in 4th grade, however I'm not sure she was truly my girlfriend. We hung out a lot, and she was my closest friend, so I guess she was. I'm not sure.

However, in 7th grade I had my first real girlfriend. I asked her out in the middle of class. Like I just stood up and asked her, and she said yes! Teacher got pissed. We broke up 5 days later (Last day of school actually...), in the middle of watching a movie in the same class, at the same time I asked her out. Really strange. I haven't talked to her in about 3 months now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • All hope is not lost for you 00711! At least you're self-aware of being a pig, it means you can change and find the swine of your dreams!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • This might sound really strange but...I got my first girlfriend on a whale cruise in Boston Harbor on a field trip d: I just remember feeling extremely nauseous the entire time and finally finding the courage to ask her out. She said yes!....and then I promptly puked over the side of the boat haha xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I met my first boyfriend in vacation Bible school when we were about 9. We became good friends pretty quickly, since we both liked Pokemon and we were class clowns. I was overjoyed to find that he was in my 5th grade homeroom class starting in the fall. That got us to be closer friends, which was awesome. He sat by me on the bus to the field trip and even though that was 11 years ago, I still think of it as a good day. He helped me with the Strength puzzle in Sapphire and I made a Zubat egg and we made dumb jokes about it.

My friend ended up finding out I liked him and told everyone in the class. :( I'm really fortunate that it didn't ruin our friendship (both me and the guy and the one that told everyone, lol). I moved away for 6th grade and came back in 7th. We weren't as close that year, but we still talked a good bit and he was in my homeroom again. He helped me with my Wind Waker problems. lol

In 8th grade, he asked me to be his girlfriend. Went to the homecoming dance together too because we were super cuties. I will never forgot what I wore to that, because someone told me "you're gonna regret that" and I do. Black shirt, jeans, BLUE PONCHO, WHITE SNEAKERS. He didn't do much better. Sweaty band shirt (because we still had to do the football game before the dance ugh) and jeans. He broke up with my after 4 months because he "didn't have time for a girlfriend" which was weird because honestly wtf is an 8th grader doing that's so important? lol Years later, he said he shouldn't have done that and he felt bad for it, but eh, doesn't matter. We're not really friends anymore though, but he's not a bad memory at all and was a nice boyfriend, especially for a first.

Only reason I remember this in so much detail is because he was my first major crush alongside being my first boyfriend. I remember it being a good time too, so it's not like it's something I tried to force out of my memory haha. I do consider myself very fortunate that someone I liked for years at the time asked me to be his girlfriend. Pretty cute.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I met my first girlfriend when I was in the 7th or 8th grade, forgot which lol. During summer break, I pretty much lived at my friend Blake's house. We used to sneak out at night, ride our skateboards to town and just bum around seeing what kind of ♥♥♥♥ we could start. One day, Blake invited a few girls he knew from his school to sneak out with us. Me and this girl Hannah, just hit it off really well. She ended up kissing me by the end of the night, I nearly pissed myself and yeah that's about it. It was a really awkward first kiss too because she was a lot taller than me at the time. xD

All Black

Half Life
    Years
  • Reception.

Parents were actually pretty surprised that we never stopped seeing one another until year 9 of High School. By year 10 we were going out again, and then we had to break it off recently because I've had to move to the UK.

Fml.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    My first serious boyfriend.. actually kind of a funny story. Well, probably not for all parties involved.

When I was like 15, one of my friends and I talked on the phone almost every night -- and awkward-me was too blind to see that said friend had a crush on me. One night all I heard was, "WE'RE GONNA CALL MY FRIEND BECAUSE HE'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME." Then he three-wayed in some new guy.

I knew he was looking for me to reassure him that his friend was dumb and that he was better. Or something. Unfortunately for him, I ended up dating his friend for 2 years. (Can't imagine why he stopped talking to me. Ah well, it all worked out in the end.)

At the end of those 2 years was a mutual break-up, seeing as we now live across the country from one another and that just wasn't gonna work out. Still talk to him, though. :)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I met my first online. We lived close enough to each other (600km, or about seven hours) and eventually met, had a pretty bad "break-up" (which I still don't believe was 100% mutual, but anyway). My current boyfriend I also met online, but a lot closer: he's from 1.5h away and schools 2.5h away. We see eachother pretty much every weekend :) it's going pretty well between us.

Years
  • In 7th grade, I met my first girlfriend backstage at our first day of work for the school play. We were both in the chorus, and it was history after that - we dated for a year. One of the few relationships I don't regret; the memories are plentiful and amiable. :]

Years
  • I was never aware of my first boyfriend's presence until a year later XD We apparently had English class together in Grade 9, but I never paid attention enough to the back half of the class to notice him. It wasn't until Grade 10 when we had 3 of 4 classes every day together, and we were frequently talking to each other during Science and Math. So we just became friends after that, and a month later, we were together :D

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • She was in my class, we were both in 7th grade. I asked her out and she said yes, little did i know she'll add a 3rd guy to our date, not talk to me the whole evening and when we dated again she broke up with me the day after and got with him.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • It's a doosey, haha.

Well, it all started, technically, on September 19th, a Friday, at my college's club fair, held outside on the streets. Little did I know that the girl I'd fall for existed then, and I never found her. But she saw me, and I guess she kinda fell for me. Cause ever since she saw me that day, she made it her mission to find out who the hell I was, and know me. Hell, she kind of even stalked me, and I never noticed. Apparently, I even accidently bumped into her in the library, literally, by accident, before I apologized and walked along. She apparently squealed with glee lol. But she never really approached me till one random day towards late September, when I was walking to class with my friend. Right outside of the library, she was standing there with one of her guy friends, and saw me coming. She forced the guy to make conversation with me, and that was really the first time I ever technically talked to her.

It wasn't that glorious haha. For starters, it was too obvious that the dude was faking, and that immediately pushed me away. I gave the dude a half cold shoulder, with some one word responses. It didn't help that I was late for class. Apparently, at some point, she had spoken and said her name. I'd never noticed. And I walked away, oblivious, and she'd been left behind, dejected.

Fast forward to some random day, where I'm going to school with my friend, and I run into two people. One of them was also friends with the girl, and I didn't know. But he started conversation with me, and I was genuinely into this guy, cause he seemed legit. I remember him asking where I'd gotten my shoes, which were Clarks, haha. I left soon afterwards, not having any idea how instrumental that conversation was to my future.

You see, ever since the day I'd given her the cold shoulder, she's given up on me, thinking I was antisocial. But when her friend who'd asked about her shoes told her bout me, it reignited her drive. And once again, she was interested.

Fast forward to October 4th. There was supposed to be some sort of party on one of the balconies at my college, but it was a failure, so two friends and I just decided to chill. They're still serving Twizzlers inside, though, so at one point, I get up to go get some. On the way there, I finally noticed her. She was sitting on a rail, talking to a friend, and she was beautiful. I didn't do anything, though, cause Twizzlers, and went to do what I'd gotten up to do. And I did. On my way back, though, she spoke me to me, asking for me to get her some Twizzlers as well. So I backtracked and took all the ones they had left, haha. And I gave them to her. It wasn't that much, just saying. But yeah, I said something along the lines of "here ya go" and smiled, then rejoined my friends on the balcony.

A few minutes later, she and her friend she was talking to, as well as the friend who'd commented on my shoes entered the balcony. And we were finally introduced to each other. And we hit it off pretty damn well. Soon enough, we all went downstairs to some of the comfy couches, and the two other friends left, although someone else new came along, who ended up being a new friend to the both of us. But yeah, what happened then was... spectacular, honestly. I talked to her, got to know her, joked. Hell, I even taught her how to dance. Pretty good for a first day, huh? But yeah, that was the day I met my first and only girlfriend. It goes on with me one day being very ballsy and kissing her. And there's more to it than that. But that's something else. We really were amazing, and it hurt so ♥♥♥♥ing much that we had to break up, but it had to be done because we'd have gotten hurt worse in the long run if not. I still like her, and she's told me she still likes me. But yeah.

Tldr; boys are very oblivious. That, and my story is so much better than the HIMYM season finale :P
    And I actually still have this photo. It makes me feel some type of way, looking at it. Excuse the corny as ♥♥♥♥ caption, my friend thinks he's cute.
    Spoiler:

Back