• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When growing up, did you eat dinner with your family?

Years
    • Seen today
    When you were growing up, did you have a family dinner table or anything similar?

Most of the time my family ate separate, and I liked it that way because I could watch TV or do whatever I wanted while I ate.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • we try to have family dinners every night during the week, but it doesnt always pan out unfortunately

on weekends we are more consistent

Sirfetch’d

No considering we were all coming home at all hours of the day. Really the only times we would all eat together would be on holidays or family gatherings.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • No, my parents were both very active with their careers. I did not necessarily see them in the home for dinner, let alone have the opportunity to sit down to a home cooked meal with them.

My parents also divorced when I was very young so the structure became even more loose. I lived with my mother who was working late nights and going to grad school full-time. Because of my mother's schedule I usually had to stay at school until some time after dinner time, and make due with whatever snacks they passed out in an after school program.

My mom never cooked so at home I lived on cereal for breakfast and microwaved tv dinners at night, sometimes she would leave me a bag of take-out from a restaurant to eat while she was out.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Dinner together is almost a must in our family because we never shared breakfast. It feels wrong to not sit together for the evening meal; I actually find myself with lack of appetite whenever I have to eat dinner alone. The only times we don't share dinner are when the schedules are too odd (like me having classes during the evening and not being home on time), but if that's not the case we eat together.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    We did when I was pretty young. But after we moved to Florida I believe was when they ceased to exist unless Mom forced us to have a family dinner like the old days haha.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Basically never. We tried once, but it didn't work out that well. It's fine that way though, my mom and I have gotten into the habit of eating while working by doing that.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Always, every evening. Except in some rare occasions where I'm doing something important and I have to eat separately.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    When I was younger we always did, but as my siblings and I got older we had different schedules so we stopped eating together everyday. We usually eat together at least once a week now

Years
  • It wasn't until I was in my teens that I was able to start eating at places other than the kitchen table. I don't remember what started it, but it definitely felt like people stopped caring as much about the whole "eat dinner with family at the table" deal. Probably differing schedules.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Unfortunately. Not because I had to eat with family, but it was unfortunate because I was a very picky eater and most days I wouldn't really want what was being served. I used to hide vegetables in my socks and then flush them later.

Back