• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When was the last time you played a Pokémon game?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Currently playing Shield, doing my best not to fall asleep in the early game. Between the constant Charizard advertising, Hop and other characters interrupting gameplay every 30 seconds, and the pointless ceremony to enter the Gym challenge this is arguably the worst early game, like PokéWood levels of bad. Geez, let me actually play the game already...

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Let's Go Pikachu! I actually finished it right before Christmas last year. Last things of note I did was catch a shiny Magikarp who then evolved into a gorgeous Red Gyarados, attempt to hunt a shiny Gastly, challenge some of the Master Trainers so I can challenge Red, and rematch the Gym Leaders.

Side note: I most often rematch Koga, but lately I have been taking a shine to Surge because 9 times out of 10 his Electrode will go BOOOOOM when my Raichu is underground. It's absolutely hilarious. I also want to see him more often after playing a certain Italian fangame; I thought I hated him, but that game made me consider otherwise!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Shining Pearl the day before yesterday. Currently harvesting berries as part of my preparation to make a Super Contest run, so I'm only logging onto the game long enough to water/harvest/plant the berries.

Years
  • Once again popped in Sword for the lols and got Kartana's location this time. Thank you poofy haired fictional girl. xD

Also, my interest/energy to game is slowly going up again so i'm happy.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Official games: I'm still grinding to eventually beat the Master Trainers in Let's Go Pikachu. Today Surge surprised me by not having his Electrode go BOOOOOM when my Raichu was underground - rather, once she had already used Dig. Still didn't manage to take her down, but points for the smarter move. The other Leaders I rematched were Koga and Sabrina, mostly because those two and Surge are a Team Rocket triad in the Pokémon Adventures manga. Actually, I was originally going to challenge just Koga and Surge, but I felt kinda guilty leaving Sabrina out for the reason above. 😆

Fan games: I'm replaying Pokémon Xenoverse. Mainly for spoiler reasons, although I also want to see if my negative opinion of the plot changes. I'm also running with the exact same team I had in my first playthrough sans the starter - in my first playthrough it was Trishout, in my second it's Shulong. Needless to say, I'm even less okay with the plot than I was in my first playthrough, but to my surprise, Shulong has been far more enjoyable to use than Trishout ever was, and at least having some hindsight as regards my team is making things easier to stomach (and sometimes laugh at).

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Over 2 years ago oops 😱 (unless you count ~3 minutes of Crystal and Yellow VC), pretty sure it was a copy of Y I bought on impulse. I've been more focused on my PS4 and Switch these days so I er, really haven't been able to play a significant amount of Pokemon in ages.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    About 2 or so days ago ... I do a lot of replays for challenges.

Although in the context of new games, I did happen to get Sword and Shield some months ago, and play BDSP for like 2 hours on emulator, but I have 0 plans to play PLA in the foreseeable future unless I win a copy of the game or a gift card or something like that.

Years
  • Popped in Sword to catch a bunch of legendaries in the Max Lair. Then restarted VC Silver with a Totodile. I should've restarted VC Crystal, but my heart was yearning VC Silver so that's that.

Years
  • I'm having an incredible time playing Legends - it's so ridiculously fun and I hope we get more games like this in the series. Played it last night and will be playing again today. I guess checking GO this morning also kinda counts but..? That takes 30 seconds and requires no effort lol.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Not an official game, but three days ago, I gave Crystal Advanced a try because I craved Crystal with more advanced mechanics. Sad to say though, I'm still not a big fan of Gen III's overall style and I didn't like the music or the reused sprites from HG/SS, so next time I'll be going for an enhancement hack of Crystal itself. (NOT Crystal Clear though - I've heard they removed the original Indigo Elite Four and Champion and I'm not okay with that.)

That said, I'd love to give Pokémon Golden Sun a try... but it's a Japanese hack with no translation at the moment, and I find it hard not to just mash A through those because I don't understand most of what is being said.

Years
  • Legends last night, getting through the new Daybreak update. Finished the mini-arc! Wish I had these available back when I was still completing my dex though... :sweat:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Playing Pokémon Emerald right now, currently have 7 Badges and will be battling Team Aqua for the last time soon.

I've also been playing Legends Arceus recently, currently trying to fill the Pokédex. Managed to get the fossil mons earlier today.

Back