• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When was the last time you played a Pokémon game?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    If GO counts, then today. If not, then probably not since December last year. I did order Alpha Sapphire off eBay earlier this year, with the intent of playing through that before SWSH, but I never got around to playing it.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • If Pokkén Tournament DX counts, I played it in around yesterday. As for mainline games though, I was not quite on the mood of it yet besides of checking a bit of Let's Go, Eevee! weeks ago, and I hope it'll improve if I get Sword/Shield someday.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I've played Pokemon Masters everyday for a while, though the last main series game was at least 6 months ago.

Scromarius

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • The last time I played was in Ultra Sun during the summer where I did the swap breeding technique to get shinies with the gender, nature, and ability I wanted for multiple Pokémon. I don't have much interest in Go anymore, and I'm tired of seeing mobile spin-off games in general. I just hope they make more full, brand-new spin-off games throughout the Switch lifespan.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I usually play a Pokémon game every day, though not for as long of periods as I used to. Earlier I was hatching Larvesta eggs in Ultra Sun but gave up after a few batches and played around at the Alola Photo Club instead.

Last edited:
    Years
  • just tried to play USUM again, but to no avail. immediately lost motivation afterwards, but mostly because of how much of a chore it would be trying to grind certain Pokemon to Lv. 100...

pkmin3033

Last time I played a Pokemon game was...around this time last year, when Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee came out. Pokemon games aren't ones I tend to revisit very often. I have booted up my fourth, fifth and sixth gen titles this year to have a look at what I have and contemplate getting a living dex, but I've never gone further than that. Don't have time or energy. Maybe next year?

Unless we're counting Pokemon Go. I gave that a try earlier this year, but I stopped playing around July because I got bored with it and the impossibility of getting a complete dex without hacking my phone, extensive travelling, and other people's help, put me off it. It was a fun way to waste some time in the mornings on the bus, but I like games with a clear end goal and Go's was impossible to achieve, so I kinda just lost interest. Smartphone games really aren't my thing anyway!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm in the middle of a Black 2 playthrough that has mostly been done while drunk.

A few weeks before the start of that was the end of a Y playthrough, and I went through Platinum again some time this year too. And then SwSh is coming out this Friday so provided it comes in on release day I'll be starting that this weekend too.

I guess that I just got in the mood to play Pokemon again for whatever reason. Before all that I think it had been months or even a year+ since I played a Pokemon game, though I can't really remember exactly.

Clarabelle

~Elegant and sweet Mademoiselle~
    Years
  • Currently I'm in the middle of playing through Black, Alpha Sapphire and X again. But please don't ask how many times it already has been, since I don't remember anymore. Anyway, this time I'm even considering to register myself on Pokemon Bank, to save all my beloved pokemon, so that I may use them in the future again.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    A few months by now. I replayed Moon, Omega Ruby and started over in Y but didn't get very far in Y. This was all this year now I'm just waiting for SwSh

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2019
    I finished replaying Emerald two days ago. Trying out Pokemon Dreary at the moment ^ . ^

pkmin3033

Um...about three weeks ago now? I probably should have started that challenge with a Pokemon game I actually like, not one I've only played through once because I literally couldn't stand it...woops...

Years
  • Two days ago, I played Pokemon Sword the Crown Tundra. Got all the Galar Legendary's except ONE! :o Galarian Articuno I feel is just flying all around the CT and I will never catch it...for now. I'm giving the game a break for a tiny bit.

Back