• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When was the last time you played a Pokémon game?

Years
    • Seen today
    I guess Legends Arceus is going to be the last Pokémon game played for a while. I actually interrupted a certain rom hack playthrough to play BDSP and then Legends Arceus, but now it's hard to go back to the GBA after it, so I don't feel so motivated now to resume that playthrough. Taking a break from Pokémon to enjoy other games I had backlogged.

Years
    • They/them
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    Today! I beat Gardenia's Gym in my Platinum Bibarel solo challenge. Going back to Platinum after Shining Pearl is a very interesting experience, made even moreso by doing a challenge, which isn't something I generally do. I've never even used a Bibarel before as anything other than an HM slave, so there is that to it. I'm sure I'll struggle later, but for now Return is making mincemeat out of everything I come across!

Years
  • Tackled a Therian Tornadus raid in GO today, and will be focusing a bit more on resetting for Shaymin in BDSP sometime soon too. Considered playing Unite again recently but... just no interest anymore it seems. :x

Years
  • Currently doing a bit of breeding in BDSP, as well as doing the legendary round-up in the postgame of AS.
    Still need to continue Legends too lol

Years
  • I actually picked up my somewhat neglected 2DS today and said "what the heck i'll go continue the restarted Ultra Moon" So I got two Z-crystals (Normal and Fighting) and got to the second island and then....I lost interest. It was fun, but those cut-scenes are so grueling. Til tomorrow.

EDIT: It's tomorrow today :P. Got more Z crystals and kept chuggin' along until I got stuck at the Po Mansion even if I got the password correct...stupid team skull. Off to youtube for tutorials.

EDIT AGAIN: Looked it up. I'm so dumb, but i'm gonna let my 2DS charge a bit. Til tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It was Pokemon Shield. I've won my first GYm badge on the game. I'm now outside the second GYM, which I plan on challenging tomorrow.

As for spin-off Pokemon games. the last one I played was Pokemon Ranger on the Nintendo DS, but that was a while ago I played that.

Years
  • Played the OG ranger game a couple months ago since I never got the chance as a child. I preferred Almia imo. Was thinking of trying to find guardian signs but haven't heard many good things about it. Still, wouldn't hurt to try it out

Years
  • It's still been a few months since I last played a main series game, sadly. I haven't gone back to reset for a shiny Shaymin in BDSP like I wanted to. :( But I'm still playing GO daily for my Pokémon fix. Caught 4 shinies in the last 3 days!

Years
    • Seen today
    Still no official game since I've finished Legends Arceus in March. Although the break I mentioned didn't last as long as I expected, played two rom hacks in the last couple of months: Unbound and Rocket Edition.

Years
  • About a week ago when I finished my first BDSP playthrough. I also did a few battles on Pokemon GO a few days ago if that even counts.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Today! I got bored of the Switch games so I returned to the DS and 3DS games. Today, I finally caught a shiny Latias. I started my hunt around July 27th (I have no shiny charm in Ultra Moon). Not bad for roughly 1/4000 odds. Unfortunately, she ran out of PP so I used my Master Ball. I've wanted my own shiny Latias for a very long time! She's one of my favorite Pokémon since her debut in gen 3 and in her movie.

25eb8b35-ce24-4398-b863-e4a4dfea707f.jpg

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I played through Sword a month or two ago. Now I'm just biding my time to see if gen 9 offers something that interests me.

Back