• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whitey McWhitesalot

Years
  • My brother did one of those DNA test things that tell you your ancestry so (assuming we do in fact have the same parents) I found out that this is what I'm made of:

29% Western Europe
    25% Great Britain
    21% Ireland
    12% Scandinavia
    8% Iberian Peninsula
    5% "Trace Regions"

What 'bout you? Where is your family from? What's your ancestry like as far as you know?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    the hell is "trace regions"?

Not that I've looked into my ancestry at all or have had any DNA testing done, but the story goes according to my parents is that we're more than half German, with the next biggest group being Dutch, and then the tiny bit that is left is comprised of like Eastern European and French or something. Dunno where they got the info from but....

blue

gucci
    Years
  • all i know is that i'm part spanish and somewhere far down the line we're related to spanish royalty. other than that, i've no idea.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • one great-grandma was full irish... one great-great-grandpa was full Native... one great-great-grandpa was an English pirate? the rest of them are german-ish probably

Bay

Years
  • Both of my parents are Cambodian, though my mom told me my late grandpa was also half-Vietnamese while my grandma is half-Chinese (and how my grandma doesn't like to speak Chinese dialect). So in addition to Cambodian, I have some Vietnamese and Chinese blood too most likely.

Pmurt Dlanod

i don't like pokemon
    Years
  • Did someone say huwhite? I'm 50% French-Canadian, 25% German, and 25% British (an unknown mix across England and Scotland).

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • As far as I know, I'm a beautiful blend of Filipino, Middle-Eastern, Chinese, Irish, Spaniard, and Scottish blood c:

Years
  • My family primarily originate from the UK and Ireland although I've been told there's a tiny bit of Greek in me somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've been wanting to do that so bad!!

I know I'm italian, irish, and portugese. I've been told I'm part jewish too but its never been confirmed. also i've had this hunch for years that I have some spanish blood in me

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    40% Zinc
    40% Titanium
    40% Dolomite
    40% Luck
    40% Chromium
    40% Wires
    40% Scrap Metal
    40% Iron
    40% Empty Space
    40% Platinum

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    my dads family is black and we dont know exactly where they are from bc slavery happened but on my moms side im irish and swiss and smth else idr

Years
  • One of these days I want to do one of those tests just to see exactly what I'm made of. All I know is I have some German/Austrian heritage for certain. Anything else I've heard is just "supposedly", and I would like to find out more.

Years
  • All I know is my Dad is from the Carribbean and my Mum is English, there's probably some other nationalities thrown in somewhere down the line.

User19sq

I think my roots are completely planted in Spanish history. All of my family was Mexican... which is weird, cuz I can pass for half-White and half-baked. And on top of that, I hate most Mexican food.

I guess my addiction to burgers and Tru TV makes me White now...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • the hell is "trace regions"?

Not that I've looked into my ancestry at all or have had any DNA testing done, but the story goes according to my parents is that we're more than half German, with the next biggest group being Dutch, and then the tiny bit that is left is comprised of like Eastern European and French or something. Dunno where they got the info from but....

Probably "we have no idea what this part is." Maybe it's my alien DNA?

Taken from ancestry.com:

4. What does it mean when my ethnicity results identify 'Trace Regions'?
    Most people may have a percentage identified with 'Trace Regions' in their genetic ethnicity results. Trace Regions are regions where the estimated range includes zero and does not go above 15%, or where the predicted percentage is less than 4.5%. Since there is only a small amount of evidence that you have genetic ethnicity from these regions, it is possible that you may not have genetic ethnicity from them at all. This is not uncommon, and as more genetic signatures are discovered with a higher confidence level, we may be able to update these Trace Regions over time.

Back