• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who are you/will you be using for Surf?

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
  • I've been using Sharpedo to surf. Thankfully it has decent special attack (I'll definitely use Waterfall more than Surf once I get it though).

I've never really used Sharpedo in-game before, and I felt that now was a good time to use it due to its special new mechanic: x2 surfing speed! That, plus super repels makes traversing through Hoenn's oceans very convenient.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I used my Swampert to surf. Thinking about changing to Kyogre, though...

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    EDIT: I've restarted my game and am no longer using HM slaves. For the time being, at least. At the moment I plan to use my soon-to-be Exploud, though I might use a Carvanha/Sharpedo. I'll update this once I actually know what I'll be using. xD

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I gave Milotic both Waterfall and Surf because I didn't have anything else to replace Waterfall with. I used a Wailmer slave for Dive.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I used Azumarill and Latias at some point during the story. My surfing Pokemon is now Sharpedo for the speed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I went with Walrein. Back in rse Walrein was a favorite of mine and just a typical staple of my teams then. So it felt like betrayal using any other hoenn water type. Plus I really missed Walrein... I've been trying to avoid using any third generation Pokemon since the end of the sinnoh games so I could be hyped up for this remake loool

Nakala Pri

Well, currently I'm using my Linoone. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a Water type. :( Maybe I'll get a Walrein, too! :^D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Good question. Given this is Hōen, I'll be spending a lot of time with my choice. I decided upon Gorebyss yesterday or so but I don't know what I'll do for Waterfall and Dive... probably Wailord; that might be fun, and it can be the initial surfer for a time since I'll be diving for Clamperls.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I have my precious Slowking surfing for me, with my Poliwrath for dive and waterfall

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I ended up spending two hours in area nav looking for a speed boost carvahna, and now use it as a sharpedo for all water-based transportation.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    Me and my Linoone (aptly named HM ******) don't get along too well, he can have all of the HM's.

Years
  • I used my trusty Zigzagoon as a surfer up until I caught Wailmer, which is the 'mon I surf on now. Reaaaally need to get a water type to use on my team but I didn't feel like teaching anyone HMs like Waterfall and Dive so I ended up keeping him as an all-around slave, heheh.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm using Tentacruel for Waterfall, Surf, and Dive. It's an HM slave.

HMs aren't necessarily bad but I rarely use those moves for anything other than the games obstacles...

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • When i originally played the original games i found it difficult i had to fish for a water type which i believe ended up being tentacool or goldeen i think i used both haha. For Oras i used swampert who is my contest star but i did take him off the team and im training a sealeo although im happy dive is back its kinda bothersome that it needs to know 3 water type moves (surf, waterfall, dive). Which only leaves 1 move for itself unless u have someone else on ur team that can learn surf ik some other than water types can learn it.

ArcanineWithABow

Cutie Pup
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    My water type on my team always learns Surf...it's like the only HM I would teach my Pokemon.

At this time it's a cross between Milotic and Gyarados.

Back