• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who has completed or is working towards their dex?

Years
  • I finished mine a few days ago! Now to mess around in the Wild Area and actually start breeding once I get a foreign Ditto (or wait to move mine from US). How about you guys? Anyone working on their dex?

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • I finished mine a few days ago! Now to mess around in the Wild Area and actually start breeding once I get a foreign Ditto (or wait to move mine from US). How about you guys? Anyone working on their dex?

I realize you aren't asking but I have a spare foreign Ditto if you would like it. Nothing fancy in the IVs department unfortunately, four only. Just figured I would offer.
    And I am working towards mine slowly. This is the first time since Pokemon Crystal that I have not utilized a cheating device to complete my dex, so it is an experience to say the absolute least. I must say that I am enjoying the challenge; I have wrangled two hundred and ninety so far, mostly from Surprise Trading.

Good luck to everyone working towards their dex!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm working on it yeah. Have 120-something registered I think? Figured I'd try to it this time since if I could get all 493 that existed in Diamond/Pearl, I can do the ~400 that exist in this one. Need something to do to in the post-game anyway.

Years
  • I realize you aren't asking but I have a spare foreign Ditto if you would like it. Nothing fancy in the IVs department unfortunately, four only. Just figured I would offer.
    And I am working towards mine slowly.

If you don't mind trading it, I'd appreciate that a lot! Just let me know via profile VM or PM what you're interested in if anything, and I'll see what I have. =)

Good luck all working on their dex. \o/ The 400 is somewhat easy if you have access to a trading channel and change your Switch's clock to alter Wild Area weather lol. Although that can be seen as a bit cheap.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Missing about 70 Pokemon to complete the dex. Then I will focus on a living dex (going back to capture more Pokemon to evolve them and keep a copy of each).

I will soon be looking for a foreign Ditto, since after the Dex is completed I will start breeding again. With the shiny charm and a foreign Ditto, I sure hope I could have a shiny Wooloo one day <3

Mulgorath

Mulgorath
    Years
  • I've just finished my Dex last night. With only my copy of Shield and my brother's copy of Sword. It was crazy how many Pokemon were available in Galar. I'm not sure if I'll ever dive into Shiny hunting, because I'm having way more fun with Raids and online battles! And if anyone seeing this needs help with trade-evolves or exclusives, maybe I can help you out!

Years
  • WOOOOO! Thanks to a bunch of trades with a pal today, we're both all set to complete the dex! I have about 50 left to get.

Once done I'll be moving on to making my in-game team as competetively useful as possible, through TMs/TRs, Mints, Capsules, EV Berries, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    According to Ivysaur I'm about 92% done with the dex! I just need a few stragglers. Goomy, Mawile, Rotom.. a couple others. Nothing too hard! :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I might as well work on mine, as during the regular game I hit over 200 Pokemon registered already - aka over 50%.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm doing it a bit differently, you could call it the "Erika approach." Basically, I'm completing the Pokedex EXCEPT for the Pokemon I find unattractive.

I'm up to 273 Pokemon so far, and I imagine I'll be between 325-350 by the time that only the ugly ones are left, lol

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I got 201 (50.25%) just after arriving at the League building in the final city, so... Well, I'm certainly much further ahead than I ever was in any previous game by this point.

Years
  • I'm farming a wide variety of Ditto currently; casually catching overworld spawns as they appear. Once I've got a good foundation for breeding I'll go all in on completing the dex. Having a chill time with the process.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    Is anyone able to trade a foreign ditto to me so I can do the masuda method.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Spread across the 2 games, I've got everything. I'm just waiting until Pokemon Home comes out to transfer everything to Sword.

Back