• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

who here remembers Steve Irwin?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I was in elementary school when he died and I remember feeling very sad about him having died in the stingray incident. He was such a cool dude.

Did any of you ever watch him? Or even hear about him?

pkmin3033

I remember Steve Irwin. He was a good showman, but not much of a wildlife presenter.

...but then, I grew up watching Sir David Attenborough narrated documentaries. Pretty hard to compete with that. xD

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    Steve Irwin did so much for the protection of wildlife in Australia and even across the world, it was a real tragedy to see him pass. I enjoyed watching him on TV in my younger years, but wasn't until I was older that I learnt how much constant work he was putting in for wildlife conservation.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Probably everyone on this website remembers him.

Years
    It was Labor Day 2006 when he passed, and I remembered waking up with the radio on in my house hearing that news. I always thought he was a funny guy, and he was definitely knowledgeable on the subjects he spoke about. It kinda saddens me that you never see his content being aired on TV anymore, even after his passing.

Years
    I remember watching a bit of The Crocodile Hunter as a kid, in fact he was an Aussie icon. Surprised it's nearly 11 years now since that fatal day, I was actually coming back from school at the time and my mother told me as I came to the door.

And now we have the kids, Bindi and Robert living up to the legacy.

Lucid

I love anyone who loves what they do that much like WOW. That guy was happy to go to work in the morning. Awesome. Most kids love animals and what a positive person to teach them

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I hope everyone on this site remembers him

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    yeah RIP i still want to throw hands at the next stingray i see

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I cried when I found out he was dead, one of my childhood heroes

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I live only about 40 minutes drive (37 minutes north from here to be precise!) from his zoo (Australia Zoo). There's a place here called Steve Irwin way... it's a pretty long road. However I didn't live in this state when he was alive... but I have met someone here who was friends with him growing up which is really cool honestly. :)

Despite that though I was super sad when he died, he was like the coolest Australian to me growing up. Goes to show actually... I remember the class stopping for Steve Irwin's death (and which teacher told us!) but I have no clue how I found out about 9/11. Even though it was a good five or so years later Steve Irwin's death hit us harder around here than 9/11 did... because it hit home more.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    little me cried hard when he died and begged my mum to let me go to his funeral (lmao please) but tbh i don't actually remember that much abt him now :/

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Of course, who can forget the Crocodile Hunter. Loved his presentation style. Apparently, he was trying to film the stingray from behind for his daughter's documentary series, but it turned around & attacked him. News of his demise came as a shocker.

Pika Pika :chu:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

Back