• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you play co-op?

Years
  • Scarlet and Violet will be one of the first main series games (next to Let's Go, which allowed two-player co-op) to allow co-op through the main story - you can play and explore the region together with up to four players. Although we don't yet know if this will be limited to local play or if online will also be included, it's a pretty big step forward for the games!

Do you plan to play co-op with anyone, or are you going to go through the game yourself? Maybe you plan to play yourself first, and then co-op with some friends or family members?

Years
  • If it has online co-op, and you can actually join a specific person or allow specific people to join you, then yes.
    So I guess I'm kinda hoping for a link code option of sorts so that not any rando can join you.

If any rando can join and you can't use a link code or something comparable so you can control who you play with, I'm just gonna play offline.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • I definitely will try it out once. And if its the kind of Multiplayer in games like Minecraft or Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, (Where players can go as far away from each other whilst still being in the same world.) then i'd love to play the majority of the game with one or two friends like this.

More games need to have a multiplayer feature like that of the games i named.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Probably not. Don't have any Pokémon-obsessed friends. Perhaps if it were online-enabled and a PC member had a similar schedule to me...but tbh I want to play at my own pace. For example I captured every Wild Area Pokémon I could before Motostoke, then again after every badge throughout my Sword playthrough. Took me about 2 weeks to get 4 badges!

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm definitely going to play co-op with my partner and if we can, also play online with a few friends of ours ^^

Years
  • I'm definitely going to play co-op with my partner and if we can, also play online with a few friends of ours ^^

This is my ideal too! Only downside is my husband works full time and as a Pokémon addict I'm not sure how much I'd want to wait for him to come home before playing, hahaha. I always am tempted to keep playing this series when a new game comes out, it's tough to stop. :D;

Years
    • Seen today
    I couldn't see myself using this feature, even if I had friends to play with.

I've had a very 'set in stone' method of playing Pokemon games since early childhood. Can't see it changing aside from doing an occasional nuzlocke.

Years
  • My normal answer would be "No, i'm playing alone."

But i'm going to wait for more details. I *might* have a "person" in my group home that has a Switch and might take me on the offer...if she says yes. If she hadn't moved out of the house before the release date of Scarlet and Violet, she could be a good candidate. Though she hates my guts, it could be the perfect bonding activity (we both love gaming in general), and we might go for a common goal in Scarlet/Violet.

And if the heavens forbid it, I might try an online interaction...maybe.

As long as I get dibs on Quaxly, i'd be fine.

But in the end, I don't even know if i'm going to cave and get the game. Time will tell I guess.

Years
  • It seems to be a very nice feature, if it will be implemented in the right way! I want to wait to fully say if this is going to be good or not, but I definitely want to try because I have never played LGPE, that had this feature already. I have read that this one is going to be way better than the one in LGPE, so I really hope so!
    It could also be a different way to play a pokemon game in comparison to what we were used to. I find it pretty interesting that GF is opening to the idea of co-op, that if it's well done, it could be a very nice idea for the games.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I have never done it in any previous game, and it doesn't look interesting at all, so no I won't do it for this game.

Back