• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you be confident handling Pokémon?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Would you be confident handling Pok?mon?

Now let's not just be like "yeah totally haha i love them" because that's boring and an easy answer. Nah, let's think about this. Most Pok?mon are bigger than like, small dogs. They're made of and command the elements. They're intelligent and have complex emotions and ideas. They're individuals. Would you be confident handling creatures like this? Which would be easy to handle? Which would you stay far, far away from? etc

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Well seeing my agressive cat... if she would be a Pokemon, my house will be destroyed. So.... now it's better tho! But... yeah I would have build my house over and over again.

So knowing that... I'll take a small Pokemon, probably slow. I can see Slowpoke haha

Years
  • I think it's understanding what each Pokemon's body feels like as well as their eating habits since each Pokemon tends to have different requirements. Also, as Angie said you need to be able to understand how to communicate with that Pokemon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well seeing my agressive cat... if she would be a Pokemon, my house will be destroyed. So.... now it's better tho! But... yeah I would have build my house over and over again.

So knowing that... I'll take a small Pokemon, probably slow. I can see Slowpoke haha
    I wonder if Slowpoke would actually be as easy as it seems though? Like, compensating for and dealing with its slow nature and all, would that be hard to do?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I'll take a drifloon and have it whisk me away to another place like the old man in Up : )

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't be confident in handling Pokemon tbh. Part of it is just a general lack of confidence but like I'm not worthy of commanding a Pokemon

and there's also the whole communication barrier thing that was mentioned too

I'll take a drifloon and have it whisk me away to another place like the old man in Up : )
    yeah but that other place is probably like PokéHell or something

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Sure. The games have taught me a good deal about caring for them, and I would keep mine in a Pokeball most of the time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I feel like I wouldn't touch most Pokemon unless I lived in a big house with a large field or something (looking at you, Arcanine and other big af Pokemon).

Realistically speaking, that can be a problem if you don't have enough space for your Pokemon to run about. :x
    hello anime!Lillie~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    what's that supposed to mean D:
    Have you not watched ep8 of the SuMo anime yet? Lillie lives in a big house with plenty of space made just for pokémon to run about and play in, so I immediately thought of her when you said it :D I mean, she can't touch pokémon usually.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I could chill with some friendly Pokémon. Like an Oddish. Oddish always struck me as particularly chill. I don't think I'd ever want to use Poké Balls even if they did exist, so I'd probably just stick to 2 or 3 petlike/plantlike Pokémon maximum.

Years
  • I think I would be, I suppose if you catch them and spend enough time and love with them they'd be like domesticated (more dangerous) pets so I think after getting to know more about them, I'd be okay :)

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
  • Having your own Pokemon is like having/starting a family. You have to be confident enough to take that big step, whether you're getting your first Pokemon or adding another one to your party. Not to mention you'd have to be able to adapt to the different sizes of Pokemon in your party and watch them all grow up before your very eyes.

In short, yes. I would be confident enough to raise my own Pokemon.

Linyit

yaaay :3
    Years
  • I think as long as there is a connection/bond between you and your pokemon, its possibe to handle any pokemon. But it also depends on the space, that the pokemon needs. Would not want to live with a koffing in a small apartment etc.

Back