• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Is Vivlleons forums depind what systems region is curtly set when you evolve Spewpa or witch region was set were it was cought?

Years
  • Is Vivlleons forums depind what systems region is curtly set when you evolve Spewpa or witch region was set were it was cought?

Vivillon's form is based on what the region setting was on your 3DS at the time you started your save file.

Vivillon retains its wing pattern when traded to another game regardless of region, so keep those in mind. For example my game has River as its native pattern but if I were to trade one to a person who had like say, Elegant as theirs, my traded Vivillon would still keep its pattern.

Also, if you breed the Scatterbug baby will always evolve into a Vivillon that is of your region's native pattern. Say for example I bred a male Tundra Vivillon with a female Meadow Vivillon, the Scatterbugs I hatch will always evolve into River Vivillons as that's the form registered as my native pattern.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Eevee Question

Around what level should I decide to evolve my Eevee's with the use of stones? Like around what level would it work out best?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Around what level should I decide to evolve my Eevee's with the use of stones? Like around what level would it work out best?

It depends on if Eevee can learn any moves you want it to that its evolutions can't. For example, Eevee learns Baton Pass via level-up whereas none of its evolutions do. Check a site like Bulbapedia or Serebii to see what moves Eevee gets that its evolutions don't.

Otherwise, its best to evolve as soon as possible, as the stat boost and type change is very helpful.

I've merged your question with the X/Y Q&A thread, btw.
    ~Le Merge~

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    How valuable are pokemon with 4 and 5 IVs and pokemon with egg moves?

Individual values (IVs) are hidden numbers added to a Pokemon's stats, and they range from 0 to 31, and they are randomly generated when the Pokemon is caught/received from the daycare. Each of the six stats has an IV associated to it, that is basically added to its Pokemon stat. The higher the IV, the higher the stat will be. So a Pokemon with 4 or 5 max IVs is quite valuable for competitive trainers. People will usually trade a similar Pokemon for it, like 5 IVs for 5 IVs, 6 IVs for 6 IVs.

As for egg moves, some are more valuable, like Wish on Eevee, Dragon Dance on physical attackers.

Years
  • Individual values (IVs) are hidden numbers added to a Pokemon's stats, and they range from 0 to 31, and they are randomly generated when the Pokemon is caught/received from the daycare. Each of the six stats has an IV associated to it, that is basically added to its Pokemon stat. The higher the IV, the higher the stat will be. So a Pokemon with 4 or 5 max IVs is quite valuable for competitive trainers. People will usually trade a similar Pokemon for it, like 5 IVs for 5 IVs, 6 IVs for 6 IVs.

As for egg moves, some are more valuable, like Wish on Eevee, Dragon Dance on physical attackers.

Thanks heaps for the explanation, it's now all starting to make a lot more sense to me :-)

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Reposting: Are there any consequences to letting my friend use my Poke Transfer to bring his pokemon into XY? Will it associate either his Black 2 or his Pokemon Y with my pokebank account? Would it be better if I transfer his pokemon into my Pokemon X and then manually trade them over to his Pokemon Y?

Also are there any unofficial methods known for battling/trading with Gen 4 or 5 games?

Years
  • How can i check my friend safari type?

Can i check my safary's type by myself or i have a registerd friend of mine to tell me?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Are eggs predetermined before receiving it?

Okay so in X&Y, I save my game right next to the Day-Care Man. After saving, I pick up my egg and hatch it. I get a male Eevee (I want female) and I check its IVs and they're all perfect IVs, all 6 stats.

I soft reset the game, pick up the egg again and hatch it. Same male eevee with the same ability and all 6 perfect ivs.

I thought in older games, the egg gets its nature/abilities/ivs determined ONCE you pick up the egg. So why is it that when I save before talking to the Day-Care Man and then reset, I still end up with the same result?

Did the mechanics for resetting eggs change?

I've currently done this 5 times. I really doubt I could land a perfect 6 iv male Eevee with anticipation 5 times in a row.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay so in X&Y, I save my game right next to the Day-Care Man. After saving, I pick up my egg and hatch it. I get a male Eevee (I want female) and I check its IVs and they're all perfect IVs, all 6 stats.

I soft reset the game, pick up the egg again and hatch it. Same male eevee with the same ability and all 6 perfect ivs.

I thought in older games, the egg gets its nature/abilities/ivs determined ONCE you pick up the egg. So why is it that when I save before talking to the Day-Care Man and then reset, I still end up with the same result?

Did the mechanics for resetting eggs change?

I've currently done this 5 times. I really doubt I could land a perfect 6 iv male Eevee with anticipation 5 times in a row.
    The egg's nature, ability, gender and IVs are set when it's created.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Been doing Showdown a lot lately, and I want to get competitive on X too. If I use a Focus Sash online, does it still disappear?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Just a quick rather odd question. Going through the GTS to get all the legendaries on my dex i got both Dialga at Level 17 caught in a masterball and a Giratina level 1 caught in a pokeball.
    Are these legit? Because i can't stand hacked or cloned pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back