• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You just won a multi-million lottery!

Years
  • Long story short, you just won a multi-million dollar/euro/pound/etc lottery. Congratulations! (In your dreams.)

What would you do with your newly found wealth? Would you want to start an expensive hobby? Travel around the world? Save for retirement? Donate to charity? Or perhaps... just about everything else?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Save up for retirement with multi-million dollars?!?

I would buy a really nice car and a really nice house and invest a good portion of it in something that can make me even more money and travel the world, all without worrying about finances. I also think, if I had that kind of wealth, I would also just give money away to people. I'd be like Oprah and give people cars.

Sirfetch’d

The first thing that I would do is buy a house so I know that my biggest expense will be taken care of. I would then buy cars, nice clothes, hire a chef to prepare my meals, take vacations, give everyone in my family enough money to pay off everything, and then I would donate some to my friends and charity. After that whatever is left will just be the money I live on as long as it lasts.

Years
  • Save up for retirement with multi-million dollars?!?

Yeah. I was probably getting carried away with thinking about planning for my own distant future as I made this thread. After all, this topic does make me ponder about my own future a little bit. There have been cases, however, where some lottery winners actually splashed away all of their cash or did some unthinkably stupid things with it. After all, it's an option if you're extremely frugal, isn't it?

srinator

well if i did win that amount of money i would invest it in a business before anything else, a dependable one that is, and if everything goes well then i have no tension of it running out and expect more money in a few years time. After that there is no question of what i will get is there? i would buy what ever i want as long as i need it and still be cautious to not spend it all :P

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • I would go to Alaska and Venice and Japan and France and Australia and Rome andandand.
    I would donate some to charity and keep the rest and decide what to do with it later.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I would use the money for my daughter's education, so she could get the best start in live. If there was any left I would probably give it to an charity that is close to my amd my families heart.

TY

I would save up a big part of it, buy a house and a car, and ofc food and other stuff...
    I have actually no clue what to do with that much money xD

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • First of all, donate some to charity, at least 2%, then I'd split a certain amount off to my family members (they can spend it on what they wish). I'll buy a regular house with ornaments, etc. and a car. A multi million dollar lottery would last a whole lifetime really (with me anyway ;P ).
    Afterwards I'd get married I guess, I'd still be working by the way, just not as much...
    Then leave it in my will to be split among my own family.
    I'd definitely be using it to do things I've always wanted, like skydiving! (I can do that now, but now wouldn't be wise to spend my money on activities like that).

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Id most probably Donate my money to science so that They could make pokemon and i would make a trainer school :D

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
    Years
  • I will be like...

"yay! yay! yay! woohoo!"

moments later....

"yeah, right."

again, moments later....

"too much trouble"
    **gives it to every charity I find and leave a million for myself**

once again, moments later....

**snore**

after sleeping....

"Dreams."

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I'd buy this beautiful, beautiful, car:
    Spoiler:

I would then build the perfect gaming/recording computer.
    Invest in some nice threads, donate about 500$ to friends on PC/PC itself, and pay ahead for a nice bacheler's pad while I'm getting my Music/Gaming/Game Design/Writting/Martial Arts/Photograph/Movie/etc. . . I have a lot of interests, okay? career off the ground.
    Go to Japan to study; Ikebana, Kendo, Iaido, further my knowledge of the Japanese language, the architecture, and general culture itself.

I'd donate a good amount to a few different charities I have in mind, and then just live regularly. I'm not going to go lavishly through life, no matter how much I would win.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I was just thinking about this today after seeing several lottery billboards.

I might buy a vacation home somewhere(or just live there) donate a large portion to charity( the animal shelter I volunteer at seems good and they would love getting a lot of money) and I dunno about the rest, try not to spend it all I guess lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I won a million dollars, I would first help my family to pay off their debts. That would take away a lot of their stress and make them happier. When they're happy, I'm happy. =) Then, I'd put my money into starting my own business, save some on my bank account, buy a house and a car (not a fancy one), and donate the rest. I'd never stop working, though, because that would make my life too easy.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I'd first pay my way through college, because that's very important atm. Once I'm old enough to live on my own, I'd buy a simple 2-story house in a good neighborhood and a decent car, save most of the money to pay for the bills and expenses, maybe splurge a bit and take a summer vacation. I'd give 1m to my mom because she spent her life raising me, so she deserves it and because I love her. I'd give some to my grandma so she can get a better car and a new computer because she really wants one. Idk, I don't think I'd live a flashy lifestyle if I got rich. I'd be humble about it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'd pay my debts. After that...well I don't know. Problem is: giving money to family members doesn't seem right. I mean would they really take your money without feeling bad? Also giving the money to charity would cause a hugh impact in public. If someone watches you spending a lot of money you begin to get a lot of "false friends".

I think, the only right thing you could do is starting up your own business in order to make everything better for all people or save it for your own good.

I'd rather save it, mainly because I don't know what business to start ^^"

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    First of all I'd make sure it was kept secret outside of my house. Then I would try to opt out of student finance (govt. charges more if you pay back early, so opting out would save most money). Then go about life as normal (minus job), perhaps with an iPhone, maybe a new car when I need one. Obviously if this was £100million+ euromillions I'd donate some to a cause I supported, but if it was a normal lottery ~1/2million I'd be more picky and horde it n case something goes disastrously wrong in my life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I'd probably give a lot of it to my family and keep the rest to myself and save it. I'd use some of it to pay for useful stuff like college and a house, but to be honest, I'd probably spend a lot of it on merchandise lol

Back