• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Netflix original?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    So nowadays most people have a Netflix account or bum one with their friends. I feel like we're getting to the point where more people will watch Netlfix than cable television. Out of all the streaming services that are offered now I believer that Netflix has the most original shows out of all of them, and Netflix has been striving the most in this department with shows such as House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Marvel's Jessica Jones, etc. etc. Then there's the more subtle shows that get less attention such as Longmire, Peaky Blinders and Marco Polo. So the question is, which Netflix original, movie or tv show, is your favorite and why?

When I'm at school if I watch anything on TV it is from either Netflix or Amazon Instant Video or on my computer. The only exception is sports on the weekends,which I'll watch on cable at my friends house. Such a hard question for me, but my favorite Netflix show would probably be a Aziz Ansari's Master of None. I don't know why I like the show so much, it's just a simple show that I've watched through twice now that I really enjoy. I just want a season 2 already. I still need to see House of Cards though, maybe that will change my mind.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Yesss Master of None is amazing! Aziz really smashed this out of the park, the show is hilarious and yet very thought-provoking too. I want season two as quick as possible.

Years
  • House of Cards without a doubt, It took me ages to watch it because ive never really been the biggest fan of Kevin Spacey but he is amazing in it. Had me gripped a few episodes in. The plot is really well done and the characters are too. Also perfect for binge watching.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Ooooh, I really love House of Cards. I think it's one of the best shows out there, period. Not just on Netflix, they really outdid themselves with everything: the casting, the writing, gah EVERYTHING. For the most part, it's one of those shows where everyone is a strong actor and there is no weak link bringing down the performance (although, I really don't like Kate Mara as an actress, but she was okay in this).

Master of None was a huge surprise for me since I find Aziz Ansari pretty annoying. I never liked his stand up, or his acting on Parks and Rec, but I kept hearing people gloat about this show so I checked it out. It's relatable, funny without trying too hard to be funny, and the acting was on par. I especially loved the time skip sequence in his relationship, that was one of my favorite episodes. A lot of shows do time skips, but I haven't seen one that has executed it so well, let alone in just one episode.

Years
  • I really enjoyed Sense8 and although I haven't finished it, I've enjoyed the first few episodes of House of Cards. Orange Is The New Black is alright too I guess, but I feel like it gets over-hyped. Hoping to see Master of None soon, and hoping it lives up to the hype.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • No Orange is the new black yet?

---------------------------

For me it's noq uestion: Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman.

I've watch all episodes at least 10 times, no joke. I am currently still watching it live. It is my favorite show of all time, pretty sure. It's so deep and well done, I had to watch it so many time to got it all and I still see some new inside jokes every times. It reflect the reality of living, and depression, and not loving who you are or not knowing who you are. Or you think you really know someone then you realize that you are not.

I can't wait for season 4 to come out...

(ps: if you wanna try, it is better at season 2 (at 1.7 exactly imo), but watching all episodes before S2 make you know the characters.

Years
  • I love House of Cards, which is funny because I am not political at all. But the show itself is amazing, and easy enough to follow if you aren't political either. I also love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Orange is the New Black :3

Sirfetch’d

Orange is the New Black is one of my all time favorite shows of all time! I love all of the characters(Alex <33333). I cannot wait for season 4 like I am literally dying with anticipation D:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Glitter Force has been a good Netflix Original for me! :3

I love the care and work they put into the localization of this particular anime; which makes it stand out to me as a unique Original. As a dub it shines out and stands apart from it's parent anime. :3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Definitely Glitter Force. It's an interesting take on a rather minimalistic Japanese anime. I appreciate that they're trying to be its own thing, rather than being exactly like the original.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Huge House of Cards fan. I've found all the seasons have gotten progressively better. I love that. Breaking Bad was the same way and is one of my top series of all time. I can't wait for season 4!

Also, somebody mentioned Bojack Horseman and I completely agree. Season 1 spoke to me very well at the time I watched it. It was also very funny, and invested you in the characters. Unfortunately, I don't think season 2 had quite the same charm as the first season. I'm not sure I even finished it. :(

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Also, somebody mentioned Bojack Horseman and I completely agree. Season 1 spoke to me very well at the time I watched it. It was also very funny, and invested you in the characters. Unfortunately, I don't think season 2 had quite the same charm as the first season. I'm not sure I even finished it. :(

FInnish it :D
    Season 2 is awesome, yet a bit "darker". The episode 1 is awesome <3
    The last 2 of the season are so good too!

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Definitely either Master of None or Unbreakable: Kimmy Schmidt. I whipped through both of them, and I absolutely loved them both. They left me in stitches.

Both of the endings left me somewhat unsatisfied, though. (And yes, I'm aware of Unbreakable S2). I felt like MoN was a great Park and Rec follow-up as well, and its specific charm was something that slightly resembled that of The Office, and I really hope to see more of it from him. I really love the direction Aziz is going in, he's a hilarious guy. I'd recommend both shows highly.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've enjoyed a few Netflix originals, but my all time favourite is Orange Is the New Black. I can literally re-watch that time and time again and still enjoy it. 8)

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • degrassi next class
    i have been following that amazing canadian teen drama for years now and im so glad netflix bought it or whatever and so it can continue
    one of the best teen drama series out there​

Back