• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite old generation to replay

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I guess it'd be gens 3 and 4 since I've replayed Ruby and Soul Silver more than any of the other ones.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    HGSS for sure
    two entire regions in one single game is what i like the most
    i lost count of how many times i replayed it
    btw, my version is soul silver

Years
    Yellow played around 15 times
    Gold/Crystal/HeartGold played around 10 times
    Black played 3 times
    X played around 6-7 times

Years
    This topic inspired me to make a poll about my Pokemon games (in other words, what Pokemon game should I replay next).

I currently have (to think of replaying) X, OR, UM, Silver, Crystal, and Gold. I am NOT restarting Blue or Emerald idk why. I also have AS which I never completed, but if it's too similar to OR count me out. Oh, and Sword, we don't speak of that....special game.

I'm-a make a poll. With detailed descriptions and all. Wish me luck.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I find myself replaying the Unova games a lot more than other generations. I think this might be because of the quality of life changes it had

Second is probably Kalos games. In a way, it is similar to Unova but with more, however, in terms of story, it is a much smaller game. A close Third would probably be Omega Ruby.

Heart Gold would probably be next because I love Johto. Autumn is my favorite season and for some reason, I always tend to consider Johto an Autumn game. However the quality of life changes aren't there, so it puts it near the bottom of replay ability.

Years
    Definitely Gen 5. I love the story, the post-game, the available Pokemon, the "difficulty" and the pace of the games. I played both pairs of Gen 5 games multiple times: Black twice, White three times, Black 2 once and White 2 four times so 10 Unova playthroughs altogether (for now 😆).

As the second place I'll choose Gen 3 because I love FR/LG and the Gen 3 games all feel super fast to play through so they never get a chance to become boring to play since you can beat them super fast. I played Sapphire three times, Fire Red once and Leaf Green three times so that means 7 Gen 3 playthroughs so far.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Definitely generation V. Great environment and region, tons of new Pokémon, great new features added, great storyline, a villain team with goals that actually made sense and didn't make the main bad guy look stupid, great legendary Pokémon and lore surrounding them, seemed to be marketed to a more mature audience, great characters, having two rivals that were your best friends that made it feel like you weren't on your journey alone, and many more. I loved generation V to death. I also loved generation VII, but I technically don't consider that "old" as if yet, but in a few more years, I definitely will and it would be on my list.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I really like replaying gens 1-3. They are simple and quick to play. Older ones started focusing on the story more and some of them are just painfully slow which just drags the games out a little bit too much for my taste.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Gen 6 if those count as old lol
    I like replaying both X/Y and ORAS.

Same boat here, except with Gen VII. I've played the Alola games three times (first Sun, then Ultra Sun twice) and LGPE twice. These games aren't old, but I still really like them.

If we're talking a specific region, it's Johto; I've completed Crystal twice and before that, HG/SS also twice. And I don't plan on stopping, because if we get Johto reremakes, you damn well bet I'm getting them day one.

Years
    It's pretty obvious for me: it's gen 4 lol. I am obsessed, ikr. I think that it's pretty balanced and I really enjoy it. I also feel like it's my number 1 choice because I know the games pretty well. It always feels like I have to discover something new about those games tho. I have replayed diamond just one time on the original cartridge because a crazy urban legend I believed true required me to do it. That was back in 2010 I guess. My save data on diamond was very precious for me so I didn't want to delete it, but I had to. After that, I didn't replay diamond on my cartridge. I replayed it on emulator a couple of times. I m thinking to get a pokemon diamond japanese cartridge tho, to play the true original game. I have replayed platinum many times, like 6 or 7 times, probably even more lol. I always enjoy platinum and I also like changing my team, except my Empoleon lol. Replaying gen 4 games made me develop many ideas and speculations on these games' lore and that's also part of the process that made me fall in love with gen 4. It always felt like a different gameplay and I always learnt something new, having some new speculations on the story. All of this, with huge nostalgia.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gen 2 no question about it. The artstyle is so cute and the music is nostalgic. The mechanics work, despite the lack of gen3 and onwards features. I can replay Crystal ad infinitum.

Mario60866

Banned
    Years
    Sapphire and Platinum are my most-replayed games followed closely by FireRed. I actually once got to the point though where I stopped replaying my original cartridge copies of Sapphire and Platinum and computer generated save files that mimic my original save files on those games for extra nostalgia. My whole story is probably posted on Project Pokemon somewhere along with the save files.

Back