• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first ever Pokemon game?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Title says it all. What was your first Pokemon game? Were you a noob or you did a good playthrough? Is it your favorite Pokemon game?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I think the first game I ever played was my brother's Pearl version. The first one I owned was Pokémon Diamond. I then went back and bought the GBA games, and then got all the other ones I have from there. And when I first played I was a total noob. I didn't even know what HMs were at first. And I just picked the Pokémon I thought were "cool" so I ended up with a super weak team and a way overleveled Infernape. I'm not sure how, but I did complete it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I played Pokemon Blue back in, like, 1999, or so. I used Squirtle and Squirtle only. Ok, it became a Blastoise, but that doesn't change the fact, that I only used my starter to get through the game. {XD}

Years
    First game I got was Pokemon Red, soon after it was released. I saw a commercial for it and thought it looked cool so I got it. Glad I did! It's what started this long and beautiful adventure with Pokemon I have. I got the guidebook as well (which I still own) and used it to help me go through the game. And no, it is not my favorite Pokemon game.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Haha my first game was Ruby, but I never completed it sadly. Was a complete noob and tried to progress in the game with my op blaziken, but i failed xD

First game I ever completed was Platinum thats why Sinnoh has a special place in my heart.

Sharrkyy

You don't wait for the storm to end, you learn to
    Years
    My very first pokémon game was Heart Gold.
    It's funny because I got in on a remake and now I don't really like sequels or remakes in the franchise :/

(Even though I would absolutely love a remake of Platinum, Diamond, or Pearl, since they were my favourite games and had my favourite region).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My grandmother surprised me with gold and from there I bought them all besides red, white, and black2

Years
    It was Ruby for me, and while I did like its Pokemon I somehow grew to love Sapphire more over time and that eventually led me to play Alpha Sapphire come the remakes. Hoenn pretty much has huge memories for me due to this.

Years
    Mine would be Pokémon Red, back in 1998 when the games were new. I don't even remember that much about my first time playing it, all I do know was that I was a total noob at it back then. xP

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    The first Pokémon game I've played is Pokémon Diamond. Of course I was a noob at the time, it took me a lot of time to figure out what special attack and special defense were.
    Logically my nostalgia is directed to Sinnoh this way, which is pretty ironic, because it's the newest game I've played yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I started at Mystery Dungeon Blue. I was introduced to at a after-school club when I was a kid and saw someone play the personality test. I got to answer it and I think I got a Charmander. I did eventually get it when I got a DS a year later as well as Pokémon Emerald.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    First Pokemon game that i played was Fire Red, in which i choose Bulbasaur as my first starter, i played fairly as i know a little things about special attack and defense(Included Speed) but i seriously don't know about held items and Pokemon status Problems, then i move into Pokemon emerald that makes me learn everything about Pokemons.

Years
    Ruby was my first game. And I was like...6 back then, and I didn't speak a lot of English. I ended up stuck at my 5th badge for like 1 month because I didn't use TMs or HMs, and you had to Surf to get to Fortree City. Well, I kept playing it because of the rematches and ended up with an overleveled Blaziken by the time I knew to surf.

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
    Years
    Wow, I'm a real late bloomer then. My first game was Pokemon Black, because that was when I could first afford to buy such gaming stuff myself. I really enjoyed it, and have often complained to my dad of my 'lost childhood' since I didn't get to play Pokemon when I was younger. {XD}

Years
    I was such a late starter! Black was my first game! I've played them all since then but it's not the same as playing with everyone else when they're current. I definitely regret dismissing it for all those years!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Back then when I was twerpish age, I bought Pokemon Silver/Gold it was my ever first one since I bugged my dad to make me buy a gameboy and I never actually finish it since then because I really don't understand pokemon at such twerp age

Years
    I started out with Blue around 1999 and got Red later for Christmas. Back then I was a wee 8/9 year old and hardly understood the mechanics of Pokemon but the games were still very easy to adjust to. Was excited to get Yellow and later G/S, then Crystal, and so on until OR/AS' release which was as exciting as ever. Once a fan, always a fan? (*^▽^)/

Years
    Blue for me. I scrambled to get that the moment I could (which was maybe a week or two after release, since my area was a bit slow to get copies). I was...somewhere in between when it came to playing it, I wouldn't say I did a good playthrough - although I mean, I did beat the game at least - but I also wasn't completely clueless as to how things worked.

It's not my favorite of the games. Gen 1 is okay, but that particular game I just have a hard time playing nowadays because the graphics just seem so dated (like, more than usual).

Back