• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your flaws?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Everyone has flaws--what are yours? Out of them all, which would you say is your biggest and why? How much has this particular flaw affected your life? One of mine would have to be shyness. I always worry about what others think of me, and have generally been held back a lot due to that. I also have a tendency to quickly trust people, including those who I know nothing about and are complete strangers to me. :p

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    My biggest is being too emotionally invested in things. If things happen to not go the right way for me, regarding something I'm connected with, then the results are going to be catastrophic. ;_;

Years
    Is being too nice a flaw? My family thinks that my friends can potentially take advantage of me because of that ;___; Other than that, my other flaws would be my lack of self-confidence and self-esteem, which I am trying to work on.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Probably my shyness. My communication skills are awful and I have a hard time being involved with conversations and I most of the time end up saying something awkward. Another big flaw of mine is my organisation skills and tidyness. Everything in my house is all over the place and room is so messy, it's like a tornado hit it everyday. I'm constantly misplacing and losing things and spending hours looking for them when I need them.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
    being lazy sometimes, trusting too much (seems like a flaw a lot of the time lol), I don't really get out much either ;~;

Shhmew

Years
    My flaws that I've noticed. u.u

-Overthinking. I overthink a lot of situations, making them way more complicated than they should be. (which is going to make coming up with the rest of these really difficult)
    -Clinginess. I tend to either be very distant from people or veeery clingy toward them. It's pretty random, too. And has really muddied up friendships before. u.u
    -Laziness. I feel like if I actually tried really hard I'd like doing things, but as it stands I'd much rather be a sack of potatoes and stare at the wall and listen to music than go out and do life stuff. u.u
    -Obliviousness. For some reason a lot of things just completely skip my mind. Something can happen right in front of me and it just does not register. :l Also quite spacey.
    -Easily falls apart. A number one flaw I'm working on... sometimes the smallest things can just pull me into a deep irrational sadness. It upsets my boyfriend a lot. It's just no good, so hopefully I can curb away from this.

I feel like everything else is just a contributor or factor of the above things, so I'll stop there. Overall I'm pretty pleased with myself if we're being honest here. I've come a long way from my list of flaws from a few years ago.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    A good way to put it is "laziness". Bad way, I'm a quitter. When the going gets tough I find myself quitting, can't stick to one thing for long. Awful thing in life, I'm trying to change that.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I'd say one of my biggest flaws is my internal arrogance. Everything both selfish and selfless I do has a root in my own being, which I'll explain.

I hardly show it at all because of how it's so incredibly socially unacceptable, but in my mind it's literally the only thing that occurs. Selfish actions embedded in everyday actions like forumming and web surfing seem to pop up infinitely. An example would be I will spend hours on end searching for the perfect avatar, and then I'll blow another 45 minutes in Photoshop resizing and cropping the image to where the pixels are absolutely perfect at my avatar limits, and then I'll toy with the resampling and dithering algorithms to make it indexed as a GIF that you wouldn't even notice as different from its 24-bit counterpart, to save on others' bandwidth 'cause I can. Why? I want to present myself well.

Aside from the plainly selfish actions, there are many selfless things I find selfish pleasure in doing. For instance, I've envisioned myself as a billionaire so I could give away most my money to those who need it, picking out those who bestowed kindness and help when I needed it and showing them that it was worth it. It's really perplexing, even for me.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    At first I'm always insanely shy towards new people, but after a while this pretty much goes away
    I used to have paranoid Schizophrenia, but we treated it and it's almost gone, however, a bit of paranoia is always left here and there
    I tend to take things much more seriously than I probably should, sometimes the silliest things can drive me completely downhill and such
    Subconsciously I extremely wonder what others think of me, even though I could never dare to directly ask them
    I almost even have a second personality that becomes insanely repellent and antisocial to anyone and it appears whenever I'm feeling down/depressed
    I have an very big anxiety of verbally conversing with anyone, in other words I almost never say anything in real life nor I speak with anyone really
    And at last I might be a procrastinating lazy perfectionist, ergo I really want to achieve the best things possible, however I can never be urged to actually work towards it

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    A few months ago I would say that I'm incredibly shy, but since joining the debate team I think I've improved my confidence over the past weeks. However, my biggest flaw is probably the fact that I'm too lazy. I become optimistic of the possible outcomes that will happen when I don't do a certain thing, especially when it comes to assignments. And when I do do it -- I do it on the last minute.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I'm shy towards people I don't really know. I can't lower my pride. I procrastinate every single day. I don't know when to stop. I believe people too quickly.

I always think I'm better than everyone. I think that's my biggest flaw because, well, it's pretty self-explanatory. I believe that I can do things better than someone else even though I know I can't.

Years
    I'm a procrastinator, which is something I've been trying to break away from for many years to come now. I also tend to follow others when it comes to decisions instead of just making my own decision with my own reasoning.

Yukari

Hmm... I have a lot, I try to cover them up though. Well lets get started...

• I have a tendency to talk too much and annoy people, I've actually lost friends over it.
    • When you get on my bad side (It isn't hard, if you know how.) then I can be a very mean person.
    • I can be very short tempered when people do something wrong, or get on my nerves.
    • I also have very low self esteem, and I also suffer from an inferiority complex.

Well there you go. :(

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Let's see now

I'm pretty aggressive in tone so I might end up sounding like a huge jerk despite not really meaning any ill. Even the littlest insult and disagreement could get me constantly on your ass, although I won't insult anyone myself.

I'm actually really, really lazy when it comes to going outside. No, I'm not anti-social nor do I hate going outside, far from it, but sometimes I plan to go outside or something and when the time comes I'm like "dammit I don't feel like it" and just stay. Although when I push myself to do it I never regret it, so it's honestly something I should fix. Procrastination basically.

I'm sensitive. That's a flaw to me. I hate getting worked up over little things, it goes against what I believe in. I'm fixing that, but lately I don't show my sensitivity. I manage to keep it to myself these days, but it does bug me.

I'm also too laid back. Sometimes I just don't care about anything, even though I should. Serious problems? I tend to tell myself "I'll worry when the time comes." Can't say it ever bit me in the ass actually since I always manage but if I don't drop that attitude soon I'm gonna be ****ed.

There's more, but why should I tell you all of them?

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I feel like I always need validation from people. Much like you, Ashley, I tend to worry about what people think of me a bit too much. It's hard because I'm always looking for validation u_u

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    Mine is being too overconfident ! Even if i think i am doing something wrong, i just go for it and then later fix everything!

Years
    Be warned, there's a lot to my sensitive side:
    • I'm short tempered and easily angered
    • I've got low self esteem
    • I tend to not communicate well
    • I'm extremely shy and anti-social

Most of it has to do with me having autism, but my anger episodes tend to be equivalent to bipolar disorder.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm too laid back and have a no big deal attitude.
    I lose interest (and ultimately motivation) quickly in things that are important to me.
    I care little about things that I'm not interested in.
    I'm kind of reckless, because most of my actions are done on a whim.
    I'm easily distracted.
    I'm too forgiving of other people.

Back