• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Got my shiny charm recently and I've been EV training a lot. Caught a shiny Whismur and shiny Foongus, both of which I had 2 of already haha. That Zubat and Trevenant are avoiding me.

#firstworldproblems

Did manage to find a shiny Wingull though.

Years
  • I just got a copy of Y so I could have them both and I was in the first grassy area and a shiny Caterpie appeared. I was shocked. The only other time I've had a shiny appear this early in a game was on Crystal.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I completed my Pokedex the other day and got my Shiny Charm. Been trying to get a shiny Treecko via Masuda Method while hunting in the Friend Safari on the side. I was looking for a shiny Mawile and I was about to give up for the night and then I found him! Named him Jak since I've been playing that series lately as well. Not even 15 minutes after I found the Mawile, I found a shiny Minccino in another safari. I wasn't looking for that, but it's super cute. I'll probably get it cloned and trade it for another shiny I'd like. :)

Years
  • I went into a Poison Friend Safari so I can catch some Pokemon to complete the Pokedex. I found a shiny Garbodor on my second encounter.
    Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • Let's see:
    Drapion (traded by someone on another forum)
    Floatzel (found during a Wedlocke)
    Bergmite (found in a Friend Safari)
    Cascoon (found in a Friend Safari around two hours after the above)

That's it for now. But once I get my Shiny Charm hopefully that will increase.

Years
  • Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Woobat ♀ | Lv23
    Lonely nature
    Unaware
    Proud of its power

Caught this girl in Reflection Cave today, bringing my shiny count to 5. Kinda interesting that it's again, another Coastal Dex shiny but hey I like the green color anyways, it's really cute.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    Working on breeding a shiny eevee right now, but who knows when that'll happen.

Two shiny pokemon from hordes I got are: Yanma and Trevenant.
    Chain Fishing: 3 Clauncher, 3 Poliwhirl, Staryu, Barboach, 3 Octillery, Carvanha, and a Clampearl

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Internet was down during daytime, so I spent that time doing chores, and of course, shiny hunting. :3
    I managed to catch a shiny Noctowl on 14 chains and a shiny Gothorita on 42 chains. :3
    I did manage to reach 72 chains on the Gothorita before I accidentally went on a wrong patch of grass. -,-

Aw well~

Takumi.

Heart of a Clockwork Child
    Years
  • Friend Safari Shinies

What shiny's have people found in the friend safaris?

After a quick Google search people are getting insane luck finding shiny's! some people even estimating it to be around 1/1000 of catching one, what are peoples thoughts? I'm going to farm friend safari for a while and see what comes up.

Also some queries as to wether KO'ing every mon or if the friend whos safari your searching in, is online are thrown into the equation. If anybody wants to help out PM me or reply ^_^ I'm online 10 hours a day on my DS just idling most of the time, (i work from home) but no idea whats in my friend safari sorry :P

Takumi.

Heart of a Clockwork Child
    Years
  • wow, thats more than I've ever found in playing pokemon ever lol. started farming at 1.29pm UK time, I'll reply when I find something (please.. find something) lol

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I suck at the chaining :(

I can get a pretty good chain, but it never yields any shiny Pokemon. The one time I did get a shiny while chaining, it was different from the Pokemon I was chaining for!

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2014
    In Friend Safari, I have found shiny Dunsparce, Swanna, Dedenne, Garbodor and Chansey.

Srsly, how? I've been farming it for a short while but found just regular versions. How do you ppl do it? Did you start past completing whole national dex for the item which grants greater chance for shiny or what? Any tactic behind it?

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
    Years
  • I found a shiny Lampent, and a shiny Dedenne. Just started farming right after I got done the Elite 4, haven't done anything special. The odds are just higher in Friend Safari than in game. I've tried radar chaining, fish chaining and horde encounters, and still haven't seen a shiny outside of FS.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Rufflet and Swirlix. I was kinda disappointed by the Swirlix since I had a box of IVed eggs waiting to hatch with the Shiny Value method, but after that disbanded, I was pretty relieved I found the shiny Swirlix in the first place.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2014
    I've found tons of Shinies, but I've also spent days in the Friend Safari. =P
    I've found three Fraxures, two Eevees, a Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Sliggoo, Dunsparce, two Kecleon, Floette, and Drifblim. I'm currently fishing in another safari for Dragonair/Fraxure/Sliggoo.
    I think that the chances of Shiny in there are increased, but I don't know by how much and all. Best of luck to you all with your Shiny hunts, and if any of you want to trade for a shiny Kecleon or Fraxure, drop me a line. =P

Years
  • Bergmite and Cascoon. The latter within two hours of the former.

And the former had a terrible nature (Timid, +Speed -Attack, which Avalugg should NOT be using), which isn't exactly cool.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I remember somebody I traded with here told me that they found a Shiny Helipotile I think it was, in my safari. x3

Back