• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your greatest achievements till today (Games/Real Life/Contests/Pokecommunity)

Years
  • Hello there!!
    So in this thread please share your these moments
    Your greatest achievements till today (Games/Real Life/Contests/Pokecommunity)
    It can be your real life or game (PC or android or mac or ios) or contest or on pokecommunity.
    See Ya!!!!

Years
  • recently i finished a drawing after nearly a month of art block and frustration :D you don't know how awesome it feels to get back into the groove after struggling for a month and hating everything you do

Years
  • Greatest achievement in real life is probably either graduating from university in this pandemic haha. In video games, I managed to beat the 99 floor dungeons in FF15 that don't allow healing items, and completed that ridiculous jumping puzzle dungeon in a game that is definitely not designed for jumping puzzles, those are just a couple off the top of my head!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    At my high school, once a month they picked a "student of the month" over the intercom. I won and got a $10 gift card for a fast food restaurant, along with a small certificate.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • i was concertmaster in high school at one point, that was kind of neat. in hindsight i wasn't really into playing violin but i was really good at it.
    graduated high school in like the top 25 i think of a class of 400, not great but pretty good
    graduated college with about a 3.5. it was 3.49 at one point which was just barely enough to dq me from a scholarship i had, that really rubbed me the wrong way lol.
    helped make a motion-tracking paintball turret for my capstone compsci project. that was fun. one guy worked on the hardware, one guy worked on the motion tracking algorithm, and i worked on the code that connected the two. it was pretty cool. it was also some of the worst code i've ever written, but it worked and that's what mattered lol.
    this is kind of minor i guess but back in world of warcraft's legion expansion i set a goal of getting ahead of the curve on every raid for that expansion and i managed to get it. it's not a super high bar, heroic's only the second highest difficulty, but it was something i'd never done and it required a decent amount of work.
    less than a week from now i'll turn 30. i think living for 30 years gets you some achievement points, lol.

oh yeah, there was this, this was cool. probably the most interesting thing just screwing around ever got me. close second was when i found the disabled maps in the sc1 disc and was able to un-corrupt them so they could play. i think other people beat me to that, but i wasn't aware of their work when i was doing it so it was still neat.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looking back, there's not that many achievements I'm super proud of. I'm kinda one of those people who had all the potential and not much of the success. The handful that I'm genuinely really proud of though are

Raising thousands of dollars for charity: About six years ago I organised a variety show that raised money for an orphanage in Myanmar/Burma. I had to arrange a location, find and book performers (and then wrangle some of the uncooperative shits) and I was also a performer myself in the less exciting bracket.

Starting university before I was out of HS: Not much to say about this. School wasn't doing it for me so I applied to university early and got in.

I scored so well on a state-wide test that I didn't fit on the rubric.

I qualified as a dance teacher.

I published my first book.

Last but not least, I've managed to survive this long through a crippling chronic health condition, PTSD and depression/anxiety. That honestly trumps all the above by a mile.

Years
  • I'm still alive. I have severe mental health issues and have been basically estranged from my dad's family because of it and because my step mother doesn't like me (due to said issues). I have very little people who actually care about me and even a few people online want me dead.

I also have two college diplomas, for the 2nd I was on the dean's list all four semesters and graduated high up in my class.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm still pretty proud of the work i put in here on pc years ago. not a lot remains that can be seen, but there's a little. i left a footprint.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Isn't it obvious? After all, I've been on PC for 16 years now. That's a pretty huge thing in my book since a lot of people back in my PC years have moved on with their lives and all that, yet I'm still here and standing tall. <3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Honestly I peaked at 12 when I passed a test to get into one of the top high schools in my state. It was a big deal at the time as my parents had been preparing me for that test since I was 8 with countless hours of studying. I did very well in my final high school exams too - can't say uni will be the same but I was proud of the hard work I put in! Technically my peak on PC was also when I was 10-12 - I remember feeling so responsible when they made me a battle server mod, it's cute looking back how excited I was at the time :') Other than that I can't think of any accomplishments on PC...

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I'm still managing and getting through life even though I don't know what the hell im doing, and mental illness can be.. a beast. So that's an accomplishment I'd say.

Back