• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your interest level in Pokemon right now

NobleDragonite

Ace-Trainer No.5634623
Years
I think Pokemon has shaped my current interests very much. But most importantly, Pokemon did not stop. There were always new generations. Thus new Pokemon, new fights, new challenges new adventures. I liked that as a child and I always associate something positive with Pokemon. Today, it is not as 'awesome' for me as it was back then but it has already left its mark and that's why Pokemon is also very important to me and therefore on the activity list high up.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
I will be a lifelong fan. I loved every generation so far, especially gens 5 (thought that wasn't my first gen). As usual, I was disappointed by sun and moon and the USUM games as well, but i'm satisfied with whatever SwSh has presented so far(it's easy for me to get impressed lol).

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I am and always will be a lifelong fan, but I'm pretty casual atm. I play older games on my phone, and enjoy it, and i'm playing Masters now which is a lot of fun. I enjoy playing randoms on Showdown too. Sadly, I can't really seem to get hyped over SWSH but that could change. At the moment, i'm enjoying Pokemon as I usually do. It's such a constant part of my life and legitimate part of my identity that I honestly don't think about it that much lol

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
The best thing about Pokemon is the sheer amount of games I have enjoyed throughout the series.

To me the best thing is that there is something to like about each game they put out. They cannot really fail.

Afi

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 20, 2020
Loved it a lot back in the 90s as used to watch the anime on TV every week. Don't really follow the newest release(s) but still keep in the loop of what's new. Still own a lot of poke merch such as plushies, posters and print-outs. Though most of them are stored away, I keep Pikachu nearby.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Even though lately I'm losing some interests in Pokémon after playing SuMo, I'm still watching on the sidelines, wondering if they'll offer something that I'll like in the future, considering that Pokémon X/Y games are responsible on bringing my interest back in Pokémon at some point. Besides, around a week ago I've bought a Pokémon movie comic, so I guess I still have some interest of it, at least.

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
I'm still interested in following what's new though after my interest increased before the reveal of SwSh, it is now waning again. Pokémon was my absolute favourite franchise when I was a kid, watching the anime and collecting cards, then playing the games from gen 2 onwards; I stopped watching the anime around the beginning of gen 3 and stopped collecting cards after that gen, but my peak interest was for gens 3 and 4. Diamond is one of the games I've played the most, and then came Platinum and HeartGold which are imho the peak games of the franchise.

Gen 5 was when my interest started to wane. I wasn't a fan of many new Pokémon in the beginning (most of them later grew on me but due to the large number I still think there are many good designs but also many forgettable ones) and BW felt like a step down from Platinum/HGSS, I appreciated the brave move of all new Pokémon in the main storyline but I didn't think it worked as well as the mix of old and new of RS and DP, also it started removing features and the trend towards linearity. Still a good game, but I didn't enjoy them as much as the past games. B2W2 were better, but by then I had moved on somewhat from the franchise and I was playing other games a lot more. It all got worse with the following generations, which I only played a lot later than release date (gen 6 only when gen 7 was almost out). SM wasn't only when my interest in Pokémon was at an all-time low, but at the time I was also little interested in video games.

In 2017 I got a Switch, at first only for Mario Odyssey, and that plus the then-upcoming titles made me interested in video games again; knowing that a Pokémon game for Switch was due to be out obviously raised my hype (only to be disappointed at the reveal of LGPE), though I still kept high hopes for SwSh, and that's also when I started lurking and then posting here. My new interest in Pokémon made me play again the earlier games that I had enjoyed so much, as well as fan games - and I still enjoy playing them. Honestly my interest in SwSh has been decreasing more with every reveal, as it doesn't seem to be the game I was hoping for it to be, and by now I'm 100% sure I'm not going to buy it in the foreseeable future, so I'm kinda puzzled on how I'll feel about Pokémon in the future. On one hand, it has been one of my favourite franchises of all time and I enjoy the older games (FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, and gen 5) a lot, but I can't get interested in the new titles even if I try to like them.

Years
Yeah, my interest in the series have fluctuated a LOT over the years! Right now, my interest in Pokemon is out of 7/8/9 (out of 10). There are times where is was a legit 0, but it totally went up and down in the past. Now it's up, and I consider it a part of...my...history I guess for lack of a better word.

Years
My interest is prob at a all time low due to the route game freak is taking with sword and shield, been losing interest since x any y and then Sun and moon got worst, still buy the games and will no doubt still get sword and shield and the next gen after and so on in hope that it will get better, still love franchise and the older games and anime

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm pretty meh about Pokemon atm, but I'm excited for SWSH. :) I'm also more hyped about the TCG and merch than I've been in a while too.

I would like to change my answer to about an 8.7/10 interested in Pokemon! :D

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
On a scale of one to ten?
Currently it's in the lower bracket. Let's say Four because I'm not hyped for the new gen of Pokémon.
It's always a franchise I can sit down on the sofa and relive those great memories or make new ones with a new team. Here's looking at you Nosepass and Shiny Abra.

Years
right now, its a bit low since its been kind of meh (i mean, the new pokemons and the ash-championship thing are both interesting). i think i'll pick up the interest when the galar anime drops a trailer or something. though pokemon sword & shield does get my interest sometimes, especially with the new pokemon

Back