• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your personal wishlist

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    They had better be compatible with Bank.

GF have already said Bank will be compatible with all future games, that's why it's a subscription now :P

My wishlist:
    MORE MEGA-EVOLUTIONS please. I hated them when they were first revealed but man they were a good addition.
    Secret bases were also fun, as were contests.
    I'm excited to see what this remake's additional thing is - i.e. the WiFi adaptor for FR/LG and PokeWalker for HG/SS
    Awesome Regi post-game stuff. Finding the Regi's was the highlight of RSE for me, I loved decoding the Braille from the manual. Now they have Regigigas too! The Regi's were so awesome, and I'm not ashamed to be the only person to think so.

Years
  • I hope your pokemon can follow you around like in HGSS. It would be cool to see 3d sprites of your favorite pokemon follow you around. Make it happen Gamefreak! Oh, and more trumpets!!

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Here's what I'm hoping for:

-The Battle Frontier- Probably the best post-game feature a Pokemon game can have. At least in my opinion.
    -Match Calls- This was really unique in Emerald, allowing us to have rematches against regular trainers, and Gym Leaders.
    -More Mega-Evolutions- This seems inevitable, especially now with Sceptile and Swampert making a scene. Blaziken shouldn't be the only Hoenn starter with a mega!... ;)
    -Difficulty Options- I was hoping X and Y were to bring this back from B2/W2, but unfortunately it didn't, and instead made the games easier. I still loved how the Exp. Share functions now, especially post-game. But if we're given such a mighty item, they should allow some of us to put it to good use throughout the story instead of stomping through everything. (I immediately had to turn mine off, then on again when I reached the post-game)
    -Different Story?- I wouldn't mind it if I were to play through the same thing over again... but at the same time, it would be nice to have some new twists that I wouldn't have expected. A different story can mean anything; from an entirely new timeline, to just a few, minor/major changes/additions.
    -Post-Game- Whether or not the Battle Frontier does make an appearance, it'd be nice to have other means of replay-ability to keep us playing some more. This can be anything from just extended storyline to more unique facilities.
    -Customization with... everything- In X and Y, we are given the option to customize our character. Well, let's bring this back, maybe expand on it a bit, and also have secret bases be as flexible with its customization.
    -Expanded PokeDex- Since there are about ~700 Pokemon, do you really want to just see 201 in this game? I mean, I won't be disappointed if it were to retain that number, but I would like to see some Pokemon which weren't available in X and Y without PokeBank.

That's it, really. Even if half- or all of this won't happen, I'll still buy the game.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Contests that don't stink, something cool and fun.

Mirror B. form Orre as an Elite 4. :15:

Wally as Leader, or Champion.

More Clothes for boys. Heck, just let the boys wear dresses - If only to double their wardrobe.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    More variety in the villainous teams. I'm sure I speak for at least a few people when I say that when I battled Team Magma and Aqua, I got sick and tired of seeing nothing but Zubat, Poochyena, Carvanha/Numel and their evolutions. Even their leaders only had the same three Pokémon's final forms instead of something creative like Cyrus, Ghetsis and Lysandre. So here I do hope they have better teams instead of just being a marathon of the same three Pokémon over and over.

Better means of training. Ugh, this was killer with the Hoenn games, the fact that training was an absolute chore. Emerald had absolutely nowhere to level-up on your own, considering all there really was is the Artisan Cave, and lower level stuff in the Sky Pillar. Also, outside of that, it was nearly as bad as Johto with training at points since the wild Pokémon were so terribly underleveled. So i'd imagine they're gonna keep XY's EXP system where everything that enters battle gains equal amounts of EXP, which I would be fine with. And maybe bring back the Lucky Egg? They've had it in every game since BW, so if they keep it here i'd be alright with that. Also, i'm curious as to what they'll do with the Exp. Share.

More post-game. In my eyes, Ruby and Sapphire has THE second worst post-game in the series, only ahead of Red and Blue. Nothing to do other than Rayquaza, Latios/Latias and a Battle Tower that you HAD to be Level 50 or 100 to enter. They might remake Emerald's Battle Frontier, which would be great. Also, maybe something like the Black Tower/White Treehollow that will be fun to explore and convenient for training? I'd love to see something like that.

Oh, one more thing: DON'T BRING BACK SCOTT. Just so idiots don't keep making fun of him. (My real name is Scott so I don't take that joke well, please.) I'm sure at least 90% of those who played Emerald basically hate the guy, ESPECIALLY those who watched Marriland's Emerald Nuzlocke. I didn't really care for him either, he was fat and showed up at the most random times. So yeah..
    ^Basically this, plus:

-Character customization and lots of it. I really like being able to customize my character's looks
    -Something like PokeStar Studios. I think I'm in the minority of people who liked this feature from Black2/White2, but I think its fantastic and needs to be put back into the games.
    -Better story, or at least a different one.
    -More legendaries to be catchable in-game without events. I don't care if there's no reason for Zekrom or Darkrai to be in Hoenn, just lemme catch them.
    -Black2/White2 move tutors

And make Leftovers a BP item. It's so annoying to only get one per game, and transfer methods like to be a dick and not let you transfer items.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • All I want are move tutors and the revamping of the Hoenn starters' level-up move pools. I also want more Mega Evolutions, especially those of Sceptile and Swampert.

Years
  • I want my Pokemon to follow my trainer like in HG/SS except in 3D graphics mode. :D And please make contests as fun as they were in the third gen; the contests in later gens were reaaally boring. Other than that I'm hoping for surprises.

More in-depth character customization would be nice, including new face styles, make-up, tattoos, etc but maybe I'm thinking too much into that now, haha.

Years
  • I want:
    - More Megas (im looking at you Sceptile and Swampert; and to be able to actually use them during the storyline and not just postgame)
    - Follow Me feature to comeback (maybe a feature only in remakes?)
    - Trainer customization to stay
    - Secret Bases and Contests to appear
    - EXP Share to be fixed (don't want the game to be as easy as XY)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I see a few advocating for the follow-me feature but I'd prefer that as a toggle tbh. Like you can choose when to have a 'mon out and which one no matter the party slot. I'd also like to be able to ride your own 'mon in places because that's really what I wanted when I saw the XY trailers. ;w; OH AND an expanded Slateport market. <3

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Follow Me would be difficult with the addition of Roller Skates, unless the Pokemon had Roller Skates TOO :15:

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I want my Pokemon to follow my trainer like in HG/SS except in 3D graphics mode. :D And please make contests as fun as they were in the third gen; the contests in later gens were reaaally boring. Other than that I'm hoping for surprises.

More in-depth character customization would be nice, including new face styles, make-up, tattoos, etc but maybe I'm thinking too much into that now, haha.

Pokémon following you around would be an awesome little detail. I can understand why it wouldn't really work in a 3D environment that aims to be a little more realistic in terms of the scale of things (i.e. imagine having Wailord follow you around), but I loved it in HG/SS. Hopefully we'll be able to see something similar.

Years
  • I'd love to see Steven as Champion again, with Wallace beig fought in Meteor Falls, where Steven was in Emerald.

Also Spinda Mega pls.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Here comes this list...

1. Secret Bases are a massive must.

2. Can we have some more Megas on Gym Leaders and Elite 4 Members? Oh, and maybe some more Megas in general.

3. Steven had better be the Champion, I swear if he's not, I will rage.

4. Battle Frontier please.

5. Low-priority, but perhaps a system like B2/W2 where we can have some more difficulty added to the game. I felt like X/Y were too easy to go through.

6. Hoenn. (That one isn't even serious really, but come on, it's Hoenn.)

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • OK, so personal wishlist...
    • Changing the way running shoes work: instead of walking by default and using the B button to run, I'd rather have the character running by default and use the B button to slow down.
    • Consistency in the way trainers are represented: either sprites or models, but not models for some (not even Gym Leaders or the Champion!) and sprites for everyone else, it just makes the game look like the team ran out of budget at some point.
    • A new story. I really hope we are done with remakes at this point, and ORAS are sequels to RS. Even "A Link Between Worlds"-esque sequel would do. Plus, it could be cool to see how Hoenn changed since RSE.
    • Maybe a more customizable bottom screen? I'd like to be able to use widgets, like on a cell phone to display, for instance, both my team's status and my position on the map.
    • Post-game. X and Y were lacking in that department. Come to think of it, Ruby & Sapphire's postgame was even worse.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • - Secret Bases!
    - Contests, idc if they are scattered throughout region or just in Lilycove :)
    - BATTLE FRONTIER. Oh man that was so awesome, I was really proud when I was finally able to beat it in Emerald. :) :)
    - Give us access to all the legendary islands that were Japan event only (Mew, Deoxys, etc)
    - Character customization like XY
    - Difficulty options

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Revamp (not much, just more accessible, berries easier to obtain) Contests, maybe do them with real players, Pokeblock making over wifi
    Jirachi and Deoxys event (neeeeeed this O__O )
    Different camera angle to enjoy the water routes. Not quite first person but just level and behind your character
    Pokemonamie <33333333333

HUF_DBC

-Battle Frontier from Emerald
    -Jirachi/Deoxys Event
    -Secret Bases
    -I want Steven in the Game somewhere
    -Character Customization
    -MOAR TRUMPETS!!!!!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • League Champion Wally.

Secret bases, berry trees, rain, day/night cycle, 3D diving and underwater battling, 3D Fortree City, lots of post-game content, trumpets (♥♥♥♥ the haters), good experience mechanics (gen V style, gen VI style or something else, just so long as it's not a hassle to level stuff up late in the game), as few non-Hoenn pokemon as possible in the regional dex (enough to round it out a bit - it was short on Fires and Fighters, most notably - but not so many that it's like a different region)... that's about all I can think of right off...
    This is my favorite post in this thread. All of this should be real.

A sort of Sky Battle with Winona would be cool... It would demand Flying-types from the player though, which is a no-go. Rematches with rental Flying-types...!

- Revamped Battle Fronter
    - A less annoying version of Scott, perhaps Wallace can take his place
    - Different 3rd Gym Leader, since I'd hope Wattson retires or is running New Mauville
    - Different 5th Gym Leader because Norman bombs imo
    -- If Brendan/May aren't the protags, May should be the new Petalburg City leader

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • League Champion Wally.

Secret bases, berry trees, rain, day/night cycle, 3D diving and underwater battling, 3D Fortree City, lots of post-game content, trumpets (♥♥♥♥ the haters), good experience mechanics (gen V style, gen VI style or something else, just so long as it's not a hassle to level stuff up late in the game), as few non-Hoenn pokemon as possible in the regional dex (enough to round it out a bit - it was short on Fires and Fighters, most notably - but not so many that it's like a different region)... that's about all I can think of right off...
    I'd love to see Wally become the Champion; to see him develop from a shy boy you help out on the start of your journey to a confident, powerful champion would be amazing. It'd really lend itself to character development, especially since I found that it lacked in the originals.

If Wally doesn't end up being the champion I'd say I'd like Steven to have returned. I doubt it though, it kinda wouldn't fit into the time line. Although the developers could make it though he defeats Wallace and regains his title.

This is my favorite post in this thread. All of this should be real.

A sort of Sky Battle with Winona would be cool... It would demand Flying-types from the player though, which is a no-go. Rematches with rental Flying-types...!

- Revamped Battle Fronter
    - Different 3rd Gym Leader, since I'd hope Wattson retires or is running New Mauville
    - Different 5th Gym Leader because Norman bombs imo
    -- If Brendan/May aren't the protags, May should be the new Petalburg City leader

I love the idea of having a sky battle with Winona. If there could be a way to squeeze around the fact that you'd need a flying type or a pokemon with levitate then I think it's a really awesome idea.

Wattson retiring is a interesting concept too and something I actually wouldn't mind seeing. It'd add depth and I think add a sense of dynamic to the game in that it gves Hoenn a lively, bustling and forever developing feel; it adds to the realism of the game, despite that sound odd. (Since it IS a Pokemon game after all, haha.)

One thing I think should stay is Norman. While I found his personality a bit boring, he was hard af to kill. He was literally the Whitney of the Hoenn region in that his Slaking dominated. And I liked that. It was a challenge. It was satisfying to beat him after trying 184098726 times. If he were to retire though then definitely thin May should step in or maybe even...your/our Mom, haha.

So yeah my personal wishlist:
    - FOLLOW ME FEATURE
    -
    Secret Bases make a return more epic than ever.
    - Ramp up the contests, somehow.
    -Provide more of a challenge - i.e harder gym leaders, smarter E4; like the good old days, you know.
    - No new Mega Evolutions or only a few that actually look good and not over the top.
    - Detailed, enjoyable and challenging post game content. (Battle facilities are sooo boring; introduce another region or storyline like GSC/HGSS/DPPt.)
    - Greater customization when it comes to male clothing - need more variety.
    - A large, non-linear map with choice of where to explore, unlike Kalos and Unova.

Back