• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Tera Raid Pokemon

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    What Pokemon are you using in Tera Raids right now? Are there any Pokemon you are considering training?

Plays solo. Feels responsible for the bulk of the damage, especially for the shield phase. Avoids more defensive and debuff-oriented strategies.

Main go-tos:
    • Sylveon: Trained it for Charizard. Wins pretty consistently. Excels at blowing up anything weak to Fairy between Choice Specs, Pixelate, Hyper Voice, and Fairy Tera type. Has the option to Moonblast instead to (maybe) decrease damage.
    • Espathra: Fares pretty well by spamming Lumina Crash. Clears the debuff annoyingly often, though. Rarely has a chance to attack at -6 Special Defense. Enables partners to do some damage, however, provided Special-based partners.
    • Great Tusk: Used it during the main story. Had good stats (all Fantastics without Bottle Caps). Only does "okay". Tends to be let down by its Special Defense.

Uses a few others from the main playthrough rarely, like Meowscarada and Armarouge. Tosses in Espeon (Magic Bounce) and Glaceon on occasion also.

Training plans:
    • Koraidon. Should have done this earlier. Already leveled Great Tusk, however. Covered the same type.
    • Azumarill. Wants to try out the popular Belly Drum strategy (for Water-weak enemies, not Charizard).
    • Kingambit. Could use a dedicated Dark type. Only looks better with Defiant.
    • Annihilape. Wishes to see how good Rage Fist is. Should retain the power boost after fainting. Dislikes its typing, mainly. Hopefully does not matter much.

Thought about Appletun (Apple Acid), Iron Moth (no access to Violet Pokemon yet), and a dedicated Steel type (Revavroom?) too.

Years
  • My only raid-perfect one is my Azumarill with Belly Drum, Liquidation, Play Rough, and Aqua Jet @ Shell Bell. It's adamant with 5/6 IVs and ideal EVs. My near-perfect option is adamant shiny Dachsbun with 5/6 IVs and ideal EVs, but its moveset still needs fixing lol. Other than Play Rough and Snarl the rest of the moves are in progress.

I'm sad to say I just use whatever else I have in scenarios where I can't use these. :X Fortunately I've got some other good options like my lv. 100 modest Armarouge, lv. 100 adamant Meowscarada, and some others, but their IVs and EVs haven't been updated yet and I still need to teach them ideal moves. Gotta give Koraidon Swords Dance too oof. Also want to work on my Iron Hands and other paradoxes to use.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm not really the biggest fan of Tera Raids at the moment. Maybe it might grow on me the more I play this game, but at this current point, whenever I play, I barely do any damage to Pokémon with the highest-level Raids. I'm not sure if I am just under-leveled or didn't figure out the gimmick yet. I mostly just took advantage of playing Tera Raids with my friends to get as many awards as possible. Any items or whatnot that could help me start playing competitively quickly as possible is a plus for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Doing pretty well in the raids so far (100% as of late; 98% overall), even the six starred raids. I have several mons I regularly use: Iron Hands, Iron Valiant, and Skeledirge. Sometimes I may need to use Krookadile, Gyarados, Tinkaton, etc. My most entertaining mon is Sneasel (leer, fake tears, screech, sleep talk) for ditto raids. Lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I played this feature during these days and here are some of my Pokémon's settings, those I'm using more consistentely:

Goodra - Nature: bashful - Ability: sap sipper - Movepool: dragon pulse, surf, fire punch and acid spray - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: dragon
    The best dragon type tank I have. Acid spray and dragon pulse to play a lot of damage around the tera raid. Eats spore through sap sipper.

Armarouge - Nature: modest - Ability: flash fire - Movepool: acid spray, mystical fire, psychic and clear smog - Held item: assault vest - Tera jewel: fire
    Very good at stalling special attack oriented tera raids.

Gothitelle - Nature: calm - Ability: competitive - Movepool: psychic, dark pulse, thunderbolt and calm mind - Held item: shell bell - Tera jewel: psychic
    Tough defenses and a powerful hitter when competitive randomly activates.

Hatterene - Nature: modest - Ability: magic bounce - Movepool: psychic, draining kiss, giga drain and trick room - Held item: big root - Tera jewel: fairy
    Good at stalling the opponent through draining kiss, when the raid's tera type's weak to that move.

Copperajah - Nature: adamant - Ability: sheer force - Movepool: rock slide, iron head, bulldoze and stealth rock - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: steel
    My strongest steel type damage dealer.

Arboliva - Nature: modest - Ability: seed sower - Movepool: giga drain, hyper voice, pollen puff and strength sap - Held item: miracle seed - Tera jewel: grass
    That giga drain is powerful when the raid's tera type's weak against the former.

Tinkaton - Nature: careful - Ability: own tempo - Movepool: gigaton hammer, play rough, brick break and swords dance - Held item: shell bell - Tera jewel: steel
    Mostly for the combo gigaton hammer + swords dance + shell bell.

Gogoat - Nature: adamant - Ability: sap sipper - Movepool: horn leech, earthquake, aerial ace and bulk up - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: grass
    Same as Arboliva but attack oriented through horn leech.

Medicham - Nature: adamant - Ability: pure power - Movepool: drain punch, psycho cut, bullet punch and bulk up - Held item: black belt - Tera jewel: fighting
    To deal powerful drain punches without cutting half of its own HP.

Garchomp - Nature: adamant - Ability: rough skin - Movepool: dragon claw, earthquake, stone edge and swords dance - Held item: rocky helmet - Tera jewel: dragon
    It is powerful and deals extra damage through rough skin + rocky helmet.

Ceruledge - Nature: adamant - Ability: flash fire - Movepool: bitter blade, shadow claw, psycho cut and swords dance - Held item: charcoal - Tera jewel: fire
    Draining move stalling is pretty much my favourite way of dealing against tera raids.

Vaporeon - Nature: modest - Ability: water absorb - Movepool: surf, ice beam, shadow ball and aqua ring - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: water
    My best water type Pokémon.

Kingambit - Nature: adamant - Ability: defiant - Movepool: kowtow cleave, iron head, swords dance and taunt - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: steel
    I feel safe behind that fighting pose. I can trust this bladebearded king.

Sableye - Nature: impish - Ability: prankster - Movepool: taunt, will-o-wisp, recover and reflect - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: ghost
    Only for supporting during attack oriented tera raids.

Corviknight - Nature: impish - Ability: mirror armor - Movepool: drill peck, iron head, taunt and light screen - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: steel
    Mostly for supporting during special attack oriented tera raids.

Slither Wing (Alirasenti) - Nature: adamant - Movepool: leech life, brick break, morning sun and bulk up - Held item: silver powder - Tera jewel: bug
    Another draining damage dealer.

Iron Hands (Manoferrea) - Nature: adamant - Movepool: thunder punch, drain punch, heavy slam and belly drum - Held item: leftovers - Tera jewel: electric
    I don't use this one often because of "overused" reasons. However, yes, it is indeed powerful.

Koraidon - Nature: adamant - Movepool: drain punch, dragon claw, taunt and collision course - Held item: black belt - Tera jewel: fighting
    Miraidon - Nature: modest - Movepool: electro drift, dragon pulse, taunt and parabolic charge - Held item: magnet - Tera jewel: electric
    No explanations needed for these two. Running them with taunt is however very useful, just believe me.

Years
  • So far I've used my party:
    -Flamigo
    -Ceruledge
    -Grafaiai
    -Meowscarada
    -Cetitan
    -Espathra

As well as these:
    -Iron Hands
    -Iron Treads
    -Miraidon
    -Slowbro, which was specifically trained for Cinderace.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Just whatever I have. I am not gonna spend hours trying to make a perfect raid pokemon. It is no different than competitive pokemon battles by then. I'll use what is best for the scenario, but don't expect perfect pokemon because it ain't going to happen. As for what I use... mostly my main team.

Gogoat, Annihilape, Skeledirge, Clawitzer, Baxcalibur, and and Kingambit.

Evemtually I will have a Lucario and a Greninja when I am able to get them. And may eventually add a Iron Valiant and a few other pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Only did Raids up to four stars, with my main team. I was interested halfway through the game in collecting Tera Shards for experimenting with changing Tera types of my Pokémon and trying more fun builds, but it wasn't worth it, by the time I finished the game I didn't even have half the Shards required for changing a single mon Tera type.

Found no incentive whatsoever to raise Pokémon specifically for post-game Raids, I guess Herba Mystica farming could be the main reason for those who are into Shiny hunting, but that's not my cup of tea either.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Trying to remember these off the top of my head...

Iron Hands, Adamant (mint), tera Electric: Full HP and Atk EVs. Drain Punch, Belly Drum, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch.
    Annihilape, Vital Spirit, (haven't bother changing nature), tera Fighting: Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Rage Fist, Earthquake.
    Tinkaton, Adamant (mint), tera Steel, Own Tempo: Sword's Dance, Gigaton Hammer, Ice Hammer, Play Rough.
    Espathra, Opportunist, tera Steel: Lumina Crash, Reflect, Light Screen, Drill Peck.
    Koraidon, Adamant, tera Fighting: Sword's Dance, Drain Punch, Collision Course, hot-swap the fourth move.

all of them carry Shell Bell

I've stopped using Koraidon, though, since Belly Drum Iron Hands is better. I also occasionally use Volcarano and Slowbro.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Sandslash Fan said:
    I've stopped using Koraidon, though, since Belly Drum Iron Hands is better.
    Not at all. Koraidon can get taunt which is extremely useful and doesn't need to split its HP in half to deal lots of damage. Also, Iron Hands gets decimated after belly drum by foul play users.
    They're much more different than what it seems actually.

Back