• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on Team Skull?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Hey all,
    Just wondering what your thoughts are of Team Skull for Sun/Moon?
    As I reached Po Town in my copy of Moon, I approached the Shady House and tried to gain access to the room of Team Skull boss Guzma. It took me ages to complete, but i finally did.
    So what are you guys thoughts? Is it too hard? Too easy? Not enough dialogue?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I think they're alright. I like that they're goofs and not really taken seriously by any of the islanders. Though they don't really accomplish much and feel more like a nuisance at times, I like them more than say Magma/Aqua, Flare, or Rocket (G/S/C) Guzma and especially Plumeria definitely needed more screen-time; both of them were introduced way too late into the game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They're memorable, and for all the wrong reasons but in a good way if that makes sense? They're not your typical bad guys, but they have character and their humorous dialogue along with their try-hard attitude really makes them stand out to me.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I really like him. Their dialogue (and rapping!) is great and I love their animations, it's really fun to watch. I would have liked to see more from Plumeria in particular, I thought her character could have been explored in greater depth.

Years
  • I really like him. Their dialogue (and rapping!) is great and I love their animations, it's really fun to watch. I would have liked to see more from Plumeria in particular, I thought her character could have been explored in greater depth.

I'm with you, because I felt Plumeria got underdeveloped as well. She would have been even more of a disappointment had she not been a Champion title defense challenger.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I feel like they got the best reception out of the past villain teams that were intoduced in the Pok?mon games. I honestly wasn't a big fan of Team Plasma, so I think that this was a very welcome upgrade. Plus, so many dank memes resulted from them so who could be opposed to that?

Years
  • Um, well I've loved Team Rocket a lot but I like Team Skull a lot too. They're like funny hilarious "bad guys" even though I still don't know what their goal is, but they aren't too serious and I just think I like the dialogue because it's funny.

Hope I make sense

Years
  • I was actually really surprised by how much I liked them! I was never really a big fan of any of the other evil teams - in all honesty I found some of them, especially Team Galactic, kind of annoying. Their motives actually made sense compared to a lot of the other teams, and I thought they were quite funny. I really liked that one grunt who talked about having self-esteem issues XD Guzma was a breath of fresh air from all the other bosses, and I have to say he was probably my favorite character in the games.

Years
  • I personally really like Team Skull! Their popularity isn't without reason; they're a breath of fresh air as far as an "evil" team goes. It's nice to have an evil team that's just a bunch of normal, everyday hooligans causing trouble and not much more than that.

I wish Guzma was given a lot more exposure, though!

I wish Guzma was actually strong. Like just below Lusamine in power as far as his team goes. I get he likes bugs, and that's fine. But his first battle he only has 2 pokemon....2. I already had a team of 6 and all were about 11 levels higher than him.

Years
  • Tbh you did face Guzma rather soon so I guess I could understand that. It would've made more sense though if he had three Pokemon from the start instead of two, though.

but for two battles...two he has two pokemon! Why???? This is how it shoulda went down:
    1st fight: Golisopod, Ariados, Scyther
    2nd fight: Golisopod, Ariados, Masquerain, Scyther
    3rd Fight: Golisopod, Ariados, Masquerain, Pinsir, Scyther
    4th Fight: Golisopod, Ariados, Masquerain, Venomoth, Pinsir, Scyther
    Fifth fight Golisopod, Ariados, Masquerain, Venomoth, Pinsir, Scizor
    Battle Tree, ditch Mega Pinsir for Mega Scizor.

^See I think this whole thing would have made so much more sense.

Retro Grunt

IT'S YA BOI RETRO
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    Team Skull is honestly my favorite antagonist team.
    Now, my opinion is a bit biased on this but hear me out; they're legit relatable and are really a fresh take on things. It's not something I would have expected for the Alola region, and they certainly aren't "world endingly evil" but it's really interesting to see antagonists that are more for creating chaos just for the sake of creating chaos.

Plumeria really didn't get enough screen-time, I'd really like to get more backstory for her.

Guzma...well, to be honest my opinion would be a little too biased because I love him. ♥ But I think he had good character development, I just wish that his team was a little more difficult to beat.

Antonio94

Frostwolf
    Years
  • Hmm, I think I also agree with many people that Team Skull is really awesome in pokemon sun and moon. I mean this is probably the first time I've seen an "evil team" without any grand scheme or goal like "rescue the world" or "world renovation" or "world domination". All of these types of goal are so cliche by now and it easilt felt boring.
    Team Skull is kinda refreshing since they don't have that sort of thing. Their characteristics are like some young people in real life (not all, I repeat, just some not all). Imagine when we were young, when we failed something we tended to have "naughty behavior" like destroying something to ease our rage. And if we're in a position where tons of people make fun of us due to our failure, high chance we want to punch them in the face. So I guess Team Skull is just similar, they just want to achieve their goals but sadly they're failed and considered to be "failures".

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    They're very memorable and fun. I really like that we have such a goofy team for once.

Jayzco

Pokemon BUSINESS
    Years
  • Well, I love Team Skull, but my sister does not like the walk.

Great design.

Zubats and Golbats.. Like the others.

! SPOILERS ! Was ally's with Aether Foundation, what is shocking.

Great name!

The thing I don't understand.
    Where did the grunts come from?
    Did parents let their children become a trainer and then a criminal?
    Who are their freaking owners ? xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    I feel like there should have been more interactions with them. You see them a couple of times, see the boss once, then have to fight them in their base. I felt like we should have seen Guzma at least one more time before going to their base. They made such a huge deal about him before the game came out, but it felt like you saw him very little.

However, even after that team skull is my favorite villain team. Their a literal gang, they are like the game version of jessie and james, really terrible but hilarious. Every time I saw them I was excited to see what stupid thing they would say next..

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i absolutely love team skull - thug lyfe 4eva yall
    the animations alone killed me

the battles seemed challenging enough that i actually had to try but not enough that i got frustrated, and they weren't around enough that i got annoyed by seeing them so that was good

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    Team Skull was kind of a nice upgrade from Team Flare. They had their own attitude, they weren't thinking of ruling the region, had a benefactor to spice up the story and the boss Guzma had an interesting background story. The battles were pretty normal level during my first playthrough and I enjoyed the challenge.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Team Skull was cool, they were more interesting than Team Flare, Rocket, Galactic and Magma/Aqua.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • i have a love-hate relationship with this villain team. I like the team leader, but i HATE the grunts, not only do they only use NFEs but also they keep interfering withthe player non-stop. i wont mind the latter if they were actually strong. I know this is the case with many villain teams but in the past 2 gens the grunts had actually decent teams so i expected better

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • same man. team skull grunts were KIND of funny, but thye were mostly annoying. Sometimes, they were just small obstacles, and they didnt even give me much xp. but they were slightly funny, and i hope they take a much more ghetto tone next time. they seem to be street thugs, but hoinestly, their operations were soooo small.

Back