• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Top 10 Pokemon of the 4th Generation?

Years
  • My Top 10 (Sinnoh Pokemon only)

1. Staraptor - Loved this birdy, it can hit hard with Close Combat, and it served as my resident flyer in my 4th Gen games.
    2. Ambipom - I love monkeys, and Ambipom has a huge movepool and Technician to power up any 60 power or less attack.
    3. Skuntank - I love the look of skunks and I was really hoping it would become a Pokemon. And this is what we get, it can learn Flamethrower, set up Toxic and damage opponents with the Aftermath ability. Loved using this thing.
    4. Pachirisu - Electric rodent Pokemon usually get dwarfed by evolved Pokemon, but Pachirisu's cuteness and affiliation with Dawn in the anime got me into liking her.
    5. Roserade - I loved Roselia in Gen 3, so I was excited to hear she gained an evolution. Tried her out and she's awesome and now my fave Grass-type Pokemon!
    6. Drifblim - Fantina inspired me to use it, and it's pretty good for a Ghost-type plus it's cute!
    7. Infernape - Yep, monkey lover so I was excited to use it. Great movepool + good stats + awesome design. It can be fierce when used competitively.
    8. Buneary - How could you not like this cutie? Dawn has one in the anime, and it's got good moves and design too.
    9. Empoleon - My brother loves penguins, and then this thing comes along. It's awesome, hits hard and has good diversity to make it a great starter to use.
    10. Weavile - It's awesome, is very fast, hits hard and I loved using this guy.

I also want to give these ones a mention:

Yanmega - My fave Bug-type. Awesome with Bug Buzz and Air Slash plus it has Speed Boost to make it zippy or Tinted Lens to deal more damage on resisting opponents. Also famously used by Jessie of Team Rocket in the anime.

Togekiss - I started loving the Togepi family when this cutie came. Dawn also uses one in the anime, plus great movepool got me into using Togekiss. Its Aura Sphere and Air Slash hits hard with that strong Special Attack stat!

Gallade - My pair PlatinumDude's fave Pokemon. Gallade hits hard, very fast and it's cool design in general. I loved using him.

Lucario - Great movepool, hits hard, pretty fast and awesome abilities too. I even ended up with a female one once.

Leafeon and Glaceon - Eeveelutions. I like anything evolving from Eevee.

Garchomp - This thing could take a bite out of you and it's cool and hits hard making it a great Physical sweeper.

Last edited:

Murt93

Battle Amateur
    Years
  • 1. Garchomp focus sash swords dance earthquake outrage and brick break only loses to walrein with ice beam and ice shard
    2. Bronzong extremelly irritating to fight against my friends favorite pokemon and impossible to kill unless put down quickly
    3. cresselia great wall and I love lunar dance in battle tower =P
    4. Milotic decent =)
    5. porygon Z unfortunately my first didnt have download but extra powerful hyper beams came in handy when annoying bidoofs popped up when you forgot to use repel >:(
    6. Salamence just awesome breeded one to learn hydro pump but hes better physical
    7. Gyarados had a funny battle with my friend once holding life orb I won with 4hp left =L
    8. Dragonite favorite pokemon since the first game but Garchomp and salamence look so much cooler =(
    9. gorebyss wall baton passer
    10. scizor sweeper baton passer

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Here is top favorite Gen 4

1. Garchomp - my go to gal for any battle
    2. Floatzel - I wish Buizel would have been the water started in Sinnoh I would have loved to see a 3rd evolution.
    3. Infernape - looks really good and is extremely powerful
    4. Leafeon - I always wanted a grass eeveelution
    5. Staraptor - looks good and can learn Close Combat to take care of those pesky Gravelers
    6. Lucario - great move set
    7. Darkrai - like the design and concept.
    8. Spiritomb - no weaknesses
    9. Cresselia - like the design and concept
    10. Palkia - love the design has good attack.

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    My top 10 4th Generation Pokemon are:

1. Buneary
    2. Chimchar
    3. Cherubi
    4. Buizel
    5. Shinx
    6. Weavile
    7. Mime Jr.
    8. Gible
    9. Budew
    10. Turtwig

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Top 10 AKA The awesome squad. First off, I judge more on appearance than strength, but it is also a factor.

1. Gallade-The (my opinion) only cool one of the ralts transformations. A fighting Psychic type=Awesome.
    2. Weavile-Just plain cool. Always a fan of sneasel, and weavile s just as good.
    3. Garchomp-The most bad-a$$ Pokemon from the 4th Gen. He looks like a walking missile/hammerhead shark.
    4. Electivire- As if Electabuzz wasn't cool enough.
    5. Luxray
    6. Magmortar- A walking cannon
    7. Staraptor-Pigeot 2.0
    8. Cranidos-Hammerhead FTW!
    9. Infernape- A fire monkey? Come on, that's awesome!
    10. Shieldon

Last edited:

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • Top 10 (Sinnoh Only):
    1/ Turtwig - My First Ever Sinnoh Starter <3
    2/ Gallade - Just looks super cool haha
    3/ Garchomp - No explanation needed ^.^
    4/ Lucario
    5/ Floatzel
    6/ Roserade
    7/ Lumineon
    8/ Azelf
    9/ Gliscor
    10/ Magnezone

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Your Top 10 Pokemon of the 4th Generation?
    Your Top 10 Pokemon of the 4th Generation?

I wonder why so many people don't like Vespiquen and Purugly!?​

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • #1: Garchomp - This thing is a freaking beast. It easily swept the Tower Tycoon in HG after a Swords Dance. On top of it's monstrous attack, it has very very respectable speed. I'd say that Chomp is the best non-Legendary Physical sweeper.

#2: Dragonite - Dragonite is a powerhouse. The best Dragon to utilize the Dragon Dance+Outrage combo for dealing massive damage to anyone who doesn't resist it. I also like equiping mine with a Choice Band to hit very hard right off the bat.

#3: Tyranitar - Another powerhouse. It has excellent Sp. Defense and killer attack. And it's ability to summon a sandstorm upon switching in is a huge bonus if Garchomp is your partner, giving it a 20% evasion boost.

#4: Pikachu - Oh this little guy is my favorite Pokemon in the anime and games. I love his speed, good for in-game battling and casual battling with your friends. The Light Ball really helps, it puts the Chu in the 380+ Sp. Attack range when wielding it.

#5: Bronzong - This thing is an absolute wall. I use the Smogon "Tank" EV spread on it and it walls like a champ. I'm able to lay out Stealth Rocks without worry and use Gyro Ball for good damage against speedsters. I also like his access to Explosion as a last ditch effort.

#6: Mewtwo - This thing is what we call an Uber. Massive Sp. Attack power and the excellent 130 base speed puts Mewtwo in the frightening offensive category. All though Blissey completely walls Mewtwo however....

#7: Gyarados - Excellent Intimidating beast. Good typing, however the 4X weakness to Electric is a letdown. But this thing still has it's place in the OU metagame. The ability to drop the foe's attack right off the bat is a plus if the foe is using a Physical-based Poke.

#8: Zapdos - Great Electro Bird. Good bulk to stand to atleast a few attacks and the ability to U-Turn out of threats is another bonus. Good speed and Sp. Attack on top of that.

#9: Metagross - Excellent defense, and excellent attack puts this Psychic tank at #9 on my list. I have never had any "real" use of 'Gross, but when I did use him, he really stood out. While Bronzong outclasses 'Gross (in my opinion) because of the ground type resistance, Metagross makes much better use of Explosion.

#10: Latias - This thing can annoy you if you're not prepared for this thing coming in to battle. It's fast, hits hard, and has good bulk to top it off. I recall sweeping my friend's team a lot with just Latias. Now he restricts me from using him entirely. Still a good Poke for competitive battling and in-game as well.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • The creator of this thread said it was for 4th generation pokemon? then you add 1st 2nd and 3rd generations in there? that makes no sense at all....

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Fair point there. Please keep it to 4th gen Pokemon, given that's the point of this thread and section.

Raven Valt

Years
  • Ok so, My top 10 4th gen are:

1, Torterra
    2, Infernpae
    3, Empoleon
    The three starters will always be my favourite 4th gen pokemon, as of any generation because they are the first pokemon you get in the game, No doubt in there power and elegance but out of the three it's torterra's pure power and willingness to keep battling.

4,Staraptor
    Staraptor in my mind brought back the good old days of using pidgeot on pokemon red, it's pure speed just brings people to there knees, but what really got me with this pokemon was the fact it would learn close combat! Which for a bird pokemon was just amazing! This gave Starpator a clear advantage against Rock/Ground types where as the earlier Bird pokemon, Pidgeot and Swellow would only be able to use steel wing, A much weaker move.

5, Honchkrow
    Being part Dark and Flying sure gave this pokemon alot of advantages, Not only was it immense against fighting types, It could also go up against even the strongest Psychic types, Such as alakazam...I also used to remember my time playing gold? Wandering around with my Murkrow Wishing to god It would evolve into something amazing, then i purchased diamond and would you believe it! My Favourite dark type could evolve! :) First pokemon I ever evolved using a stone on Diamond.

6, Rotom (Water, Electric)
    Rotom for me was just the weirdest pokemon I have even seen, There was so many forms to it that I was abit freaked out when i first Saw it....However once i settled down, I realised given the correct training, the Water and electric type would be the best to use, I know there are other Water, Electrics like Lanturn? But for me Rotom was a clear more fun and nicer way to mix a weak type and a super effective type...

7, Darkrai (had to add it)
    After watching Pokemon movie 12? I think it was, I realised everyone talked about Darkrai in the wrong way, Saying it was evil and a pure power house, When in fact it's a very gentle and nice pokemon, there was nothing I loved more than to Combine Hypnosis and Nightmare or dream eater To efficiently take down an opponent.

8, Rhyperior
    Getting away from legendaries now, As i don't like to add them to top 10's, Rhyperior was the surest Ground type i have ever seen! After obtaining a rhyhorn and maxing it's ev's out once it had evolved into Rhydon and eventually i traded it for a rhyperior, I never knew there would be a ground type which would be able to take on water and grass types, But for me what really sold this pokemon was it's ability to hit 1 hit ko moves Perfect every time, And hit even First blast 100%, It was just the ultimate example of pure power and aggression.

9,Muchlax
    After seeing the pre-evolved forms of Magmar, Electabuzz and Jynx, I thought to myself, Wouldn't it be fun to see snorlax's pre evolved state, And again once I bought diamond and I got into a battle with my rival and WTF? HE HAD A MUNCHLAX?!?!?! I got myself onto the internet and googled it, Once i learned it was a pre-evolved snorlax I pested my friend to trade me one, and from then on i've had a beautiful Munchlax, Which I will never evolve :)

10, Luxray.
    Last but definitely not least, Luxray! After using Pikachu and watching the anime shows, I thought there would never be an electric type to challenge for the great electric pokemon ever!, Then I saw shinx, it's speed and pure power give it a vital edge against most pokemon, the great advantage of it's speed is to teach it Iron Tail and have it come up 1 on 1 against a Golem or Rhydon, Which it absolutely Takes down everytime without fail! In my opinion, The greatest Electric type of the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th generation!

Well There's my top 10! Hope you guys enjoyed the read as much as I did writting it :)

VempireblacK

VempireblacK=NightkymZ
    Years
  • 10)GARCHOMP
    9)STEELEX
    8)DIALGA
    7)MEWTWO
    6)LUGIA
    5)DRAPION
    4)CROBAT
    3)MACHAMP
    2)ARCEUS
    1)GIRANTINA
    I really love them all

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    My Top 10 ( in no particular order)
    1. Floatzel
    2. Electivire
    3. Darkrai
    4. Lucario
    5. Cresselia
    6. Togekiss
    7. Garchomp
    8. Staraptor
    9. Glameow
    10. Gallade

Raven Valt

Years
  • 10)GARCHOMP
    9)STEELEX
    8)DIALGA
    7)MEWTWO
    6)LUGIA
    5)DRAPION
    4)CROBAT
    3)MACHAMP
    2)ARCEUS
    1)GIRANTINA
    I really love them all

Was supposed to be generation 4 pokemon,..... Learn to read threads.

#001 #387 Turtwig Grass
    #002 #388 Grotle Grass
    #003 #389 Torterra Grass Ground
    #004 #390 Chimchar Fire
    #005 #391 Monferno Fire Fighting
    #006 #392 Infernape Fire Fighting
    #007 #393 Piplup Water
    #008 #394 Prinplup Water
    #009 #395 Empoleon Water Steel
    #010 #396 Starly Normal Flying
    #011 #397 Staravia Normal Flying
    #012 #398 Staraptor Normal Flying
    #013 #399 Bidoof Normal
    #014 #400 Bibarel Normal Water
    #015 #401 Kricketot Bug
    #016 #402 Kricketune Bug
    #017 #403 Shinx Electric
    #018 #404 Luxio Electric
    #019 #405 Luxray Electric
    #025 #406 Budew Grass Poison
    #027 #407 Roserade Grass Poison
    #036 #408 Cranidos Rock
    #037 #409 Rampardos Rock
    #038 #410 Shieldon Rock Steel
    #039 #411 Bastiodon Rock Steel
    #045 #412 Burmy Bug
    #045 #412 Burmy Bug
    #045 #412 Burmy Bug
    #046 #413 Wormadam Bug Grass
    #046 #413 Wormadam Bug Ground
    #046 #413 Wormadam Bug Steel
    #047 #414 Mothim Bug Flying
    #053 #415 Combee Bug Flying
    #054 #416 Vespiquen Bug Flying
    #055 #417 Pachirisu Electric
    #056 #418 Buizel Water
    #057 #419 Floatzel Water
    #058 #420 Cherubi Grass
    #059 #421 Cherrim Grass
    #060 #422 Shellos Water
    #060 #422 Shellos Water
    #061 #423 Gastrodon Water Ground
    #061 #423 Gastrodon Water Ground
    #064 #424 Ambipom Normal
    #065 #425 Drifloon Ghost Flying
    #066 #426 Drifblim Ghost Flying
    #067 #427 Buneary Normal
    #068 #428 Lopunny Normal
    #073 #429 Mismagius Ghost
    #075 #430 Honchkrow Dark Flying
    #076 #431 Glameow Normal
    #077 #432 Purugly Normal
    #082 #433 Chingling Psychic
    #084 #434 Stunky Poison Dark
    #085 #435 Skuntank Poison Dark
    #088 #436 Bronzor Steel Psychic
    #089 #437 Bronzong Steel Psychic
    #092 #438 Bonsly Rock
    #094 #439 Mime Jr. Psychic
    #096 #440 Happiny Normal
    #102 #441 Chatot Normal Flying
    #108 #442 Spiritomb Ghost Dark
    #109 #443 Gible Dragon Ground
    #110 #444 Gabite Dragon Ground
    #111 #445 Garchomp Dragon Ground
    #112 #446 Munchlax Normal
    #115 #447 Riolu Fighting
    #116 #448 Lucario Fighting Steel
    #122 #449 Hippopotas Ground
    #123 #450 Hippowdon Ground
    #127 #451 Skorupi Poison Bug
    #128 #452 Drapion Poison Dark
    #129 #453 Croagunk Poison Fighting
    #130 #454 Toxicroak Poison Fighting
    #131 #455 Carnivine Grass
    #134 #456 Finneon Water
    #135 #457 Lumineon Water
    #140 #458 Mantyke Water Flying
    #142 #459 Snover Grass Ice
    #143 #460 Abomasnow Grass Ice
    #145 #461 Weavile Dark Ice
    #180 #462 Magnezone Electric Steel
    #162 #463 Lickilicky Normal
    #188 #464 Rhyperior Ground Rock
    #182 #465 Tangrowth Grass
    #199 #466 Electivire Electric
    #202 #467 Magmortar Fire
    #175 #468 Togekiss Normal Flying
    #184 #469 Yanmega Bug Flying
    #169 #470 Leafeon Grass
    #170 #471 Glaceon Ice
    #154 #472 Gliscor Ground Flying
    #205 #473 Mamoswine Ice Ground
    #194 #474 Porygon-Z Normal
    #160 #475 Gallade Psychic Fighting
    #156 #476 Probopass Rock Steel
    #191 #477 Dusknoir Ghost
    #208 #478 Froslass Ice Ghost
    #152 #479 Rotom Electric Ghost
    #152 #479 Rotom Electric Fire
    #152 #479 Rotom Electric Water
    #152 #479 Rotom Electric Ice
    #152 #479 Rotom Electric Flying
    #152 #479 Rotom Electric Grass
    #146 #480 Uxie Psychic
    #147 #481 Mesprit Psychic
    #148 #482 Azelf Psychic
    #149 #483 Dialga Steel Dragon
    #150 #484 Palkia Water Dragon
    #485 Heatran Fire Steel
    #486 Regigigas Normal
    #210 #487 Giratina Ghost Dragon
    #210 #487 Giratina Ghost Dragon
    #488 Cresselia Psychic
    #489 Phione Water
    #151 #490 Manaphy Water
    #491 Darkrai Dark
    #492 Shaymin Grass
    #492 Shaymin Grass Flying
    #493 Arceus Normal

These are all forth gen pokemon! Don't get confused!

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    1) Giratina- Love his looks, better Flying than with legs :)
    2) Cresselia- Have a soft spot for Female-only Legendary Pokemon or something (Hint: LOVE Latias)
    3) Garchomp- Dude's a beast. What else?
    4) Gallade- Gardevoir is practically one of my favorite Pokemon. Gallade's her counterpart so..
    5) Weavile- Awesome
    6) Arceus- Cool looking
    7) Shaymin- Love the Flying version. Looks sick!
    8) Azelf- Favorite of the Trio, Mesprit is ok, dislike Uxie
    9) Dialga- Love his design
    10) Gastrodon- I use him pretty much everytime I start Diamond over so..

Years
  • I originally had reasons written up but realized they were all just saying "it's cute" so I took that out, haha. Here are my top 10 though they're not really in any order since I like them all a lot >:

1. Ambipom
    2. Shaymin
    3. Leafeon
    4. Cherrim
    5. Buizel
    6. Mothim
    7. Shinx
    8. Piplup
    9. Weavile
    10. Buneary

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Sinnoh's been an odd region, I liked the cities, but i hated the routes. There are really cool Pokemon from this region, and the worst ones ever too. I think they went a bit over the top with all the new evolutions, as there aren't many new Lines from Sinnoh.

Favorites:
    1: Infernape
    He's a beast, nuff said. He looks really cool, and his stats/movepool are perfectly balanced too!
    2: Vespiquen
    Her typing may be bad, but she's great in-game. She's also one of the greatest looking mons of Sinnoh.
    3: Ambipom
    I didn't like him at first, but for some reason I grew really fond of him. I really like it how he can use it's tails to pull off all kinds of maneuvers.
    4: Frosslass
    Cute looking, and really fast too! Her original typing doesn't hurt either.
    5: Porygon-Z
    I honestly didn't think that Porygon needed another evolution ( this one might as well been a brached line) But in the end, I couldn't deny the fact that it looks cooler then the others. Plus he has great stats and moves.
    6: Mismagius
    On of the few evolutions that was actually needed. Missy's new looks are dangerous, and her stats/moves won't let you down.
    7: Honchkrow/Staraptor
    Gangster birdies. That's all I'm gonna say
    8: Drifblim
    The most original of them all, I could start talking over stats and looks, but I'm guessing y'allready know it's going to be same "cool looks, good stats talk"
    9: Lucario
    Overused, yes. I don't mind it.
    10: Azelf
    First legendary I actually liked.

Least Favorites:
    1: Rhyperior.
    WORST MON EVER MADE. Seriously, what were they thinking? "Let's make Rhydon fat! Let's make him so fat he'll be physically unable to move!"
    2: Lickylicky
    Same here, Lickitung wast anything special, but c'mon, you gotta be able to come up with something better then force-feeding it burgers?
    3: Tangrowth
    Same as Lickylicky
    4: Dusknoir
    Alright, this does it. Dusclops didn't need an evo. At All.
    5: Palkia
    6: Dialga
    7: Giratina
    8: Spiritomb
    9: Wormadam
    10: Magnezone
    I´m not even to comment on the others. They're all butt-ugly.

brandoneball

Victini!
    Years
  • Mine would be:

1: Piplup, she is THE cutest Poke'mon there is, and in the show she is pretty powerful.

2: Lucario, he is very mystical.
    3: Giratina, she is very feirce looking.
    4: Shaymin, a good party healer in triple battles with his Aromatherapy.
    5: Garchomp, very fast, very strong with his Outrage attack.
    6: Heatran, a very strong fire/steel type pokemon, though it's fire side is stronger due to the moves it learns.
    7: Weavile, VERY fast, and a hard hitter.
    8: Dialga, she knows the strongest move in all the games, "Roar of Time".
    9: Pikachu, a very cute, spunky, and famous Poke'mon.
    10: Darkrai, if you are lucky enough for the move to hit, Darkrai's move Dark Void makes him powerful

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I've wanted to take a moment to figure out my top 10 dislikes of the Shinnoh. Finally got it all sorted out! With #1 being the most disliked/hated

1) Wormadam- Ew
    2) Probopass- I despite Nosepass, this guy is worst
    3) Regigigas- Hated the Regi/Ice/Rock/Steel trio, Regigigas isn't much different
    4) Skuntank- I would hate to be near one of them real life lol
    5) Spiritomb- Lightbulb really? I prefer Sableye
    6) Toxicroak- Just don't feel it for this Pokemon
    7) Uxie- Don't like its design
    8) Lickilicky- Can honestly say that this Pokemon didn't need an evolution
    9) Bidoof/Bibarel- Nah
    10) Mamoswine- Like the face, but never liked its family

And I should have mentioned from my previous post of my favorites- Leafeon & Glaceon are considered my top 5 favorites as well. :)

Back