• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I figured it out, thanks.
    Is there's a way to :
    - Resize a little bit the Charizard G-Max in battle because we can't see his full sprite
    - Change the battle music for the dynamax ? I dunno where it is on the script.

Thanks !

For the size, you can look for DYNAMAX_SIZE in ZUD_08_Updated_Sprites, and whenever it sets zoom_x or zoom_y to 2, replace with 1.5 for example (or any value you see fit).

For the battle music, it is hard-coded in ZUD_MaxRaid_02_Events, look for the lines:
    Code:
                $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBGM = (rank==6) ? "Max Raid Battle (Legendary)" : "Max Raid Battle"
                $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBGM = "Eternamax Battle" if bosspoke==getID(PBSpecies,:ETERNATUS)

Years
    • Seen today
    - Resize a little bit the Charizard G-Max in battle because we can't see his full sprite
    You might also consider toggling off enlarged sprites entirely, by setting DYNAMAX_SIZE to false in the settings. Pretty much every large, fully-evolved species cuts off screen, not just Charizard.

Years
    • Seen today
    Major Update!
    This is a huge update that adds a brand new gameplay mechanic to the ZUD Plugin - Dynamax Adventures. The details for this new feature will be gone over in detail in a tutorial in the following post. Here's a list of all the other changes that come with this update:

• Added functionality for Dynamax Adventures.
    • Missing battler sprites added for Eternamax Eternatus.
    • Fixed an HP calculation bug when Eternamaxing Eternatus.
    • Added further support for Mid Battle Dialogue, to allow for dialogue options before/after a trainer uses Ultra Burst.
    • Fixed an oversight that would allow the Torment effect of G-Max Meltdown to affect Dynamax targets.
    • Party Pokemon KO'd during a Raid battle are now revived after one turn has passed, like in the main series.
    • Added a slew of new potential support moves for Raid Pokemon.
    • Made several difficulty adjustments for Raid Battles.
      • Raid Pokemon will use Neutralizing Wave less frequently than before.
      • Raid Pokemon's Neutralizing Wave no longer remove the Attract and Leech Seed effects.
      • Raid Pokemon will not begin using multiple moves per turn until their final round of shields activate, instead of their first.

This update adds new content to:
    -Audio/BGM
    -Graphics/Battlers
    -Graphics/Pictures/Dynamax
    -All the scripts found in the Data file, in addition to adding two new scripts.

Make sure to reinstall the contents of all these folders.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    The ZUD Plugin - Dynamax Adventures Tutorial

This post contains tutorials on:
    • A detailed overview on all Dynamax Adventure mechanics.
    • How to initiate a Dynamax Adventure.
    • How to create your own custom Max Lair map.

Dynamax Adventure Overview

Spoiler:

How to initiate a Dynamax Adventure.

Spoiler:

How to create your own custom Max Lair map.

Spoiler:

Video Examples:
    Quick Demo Adventure
    Full Playthrough of Map 0 (Live commentary)
    Full Playthrough of Map 1 (Live commentary)

Last edited:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    HI I got an error because of mine that when i set up an max raid den event is saying do you want to save before entering raid den when I chose no is exits but when I also chose yes it happens same.

plz tell how to fix this

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    HI I got an error because of mine that when i set up an max raid den event is saying do you want to save before entering raid den when I chose no is exits but when I also chose yes it happens same.

plz tell how to fix this

I've never had this happen to me, so I can only assume you made edits to the code.

Years
    • Seen today
    i do nothing with code. plz help
    I don't know what you want me to help with. You're not giving me an error or literally anything to work with. You're just asking me to find a needle in a haystack for you.

Does this happen with EVERY raid event, or just one particular raid event?
    What Pokemon and other criteria are in your raid event?
    Is this a brand new raid event that you made, or did you edit an old one?
    Are you playing in Debug mode?

Give me SOMEthing.

I just tried exactly the scenario you described, and when I select not to save I exit the raid. When I save the game, I enter the raid. So as far as I can tell, it works. There must be some particular details about your specific raid event that is causing you this issue.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I don't know what you want me to help with. You're not giving me an error or literally anything to work with. You're just asking me to find a needle in a haystack for you.

a)Does this happen with EVERY raid event, or just one particular raid event?
    b)What Pokemon and other criteria are in your raid event?
    C)Is this a brand new raid event that you made, or did you edit an old one?
    d)Are you playing in Debug mode?

Give me SOMEthing.

I just tried exactly the scenario you described, and when I select not to save I exit the raid. When I save the game, I enter the raid. So as far as I can tell, it works. There must be some particular details about your specific raid event that is causing you this issue.

A) all
    B) pbMaxRaid(5,2,(:CATERPIE),(:POTION),[-1,-1,-1],false,false) my event
    C) happens in both
    D) yes

Years
    • Seen today
    A) all
    B) pbMaxRaid(5,2,(:CATERPIE),(:POTION),[-1,-1,-1],false,false) my event
    C) happens in both
    D) yes

I plugged your event in my game and it works fine. If it's happening for all events, then it must be a coding issue. Go into ZUD_MaxRaid_02, and find def pbStartScene. Post the code for that entire method here. Use spoiler tags, please.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I plugged your event in my game and it works fine. If it's happening for all events, then it must be a coding issue. Go into ZUD_MaxRaid_02, and find def pbStartScene. Post the code for that entire method here. Use spoiler tags, please.

I DONT now why I was playing with save section in max raid 2 event script and get this error

---------------------------
    Error
    Script '[FileTests]' line 13: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `[]' for true:TrueClass

from 'FileTests' line 13 in `safeExists?'
    from 'Multiple Saves' line 21 in `countFileSave'
    from 'Multiple Saves' line 297 in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    from 'Main' line 8 in `main'
    from 'Marin Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `call'
    from 'Marin Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `main'
    from 'Main' line 45 in `mainFunctionDebug'
    from 'Main' line 24 in `mainFunction'
    from 'Main' line 24 in `pbCriticalCode'
    from 'Main' line 55
    from 'Main' line 54 in `loop'
    OK

btw here is def pbStartScene

1st
    Spoiler:

2nd
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I DONT now why I was playing with save section in max raid 2 event script and get this error

Error
    Script '[FileTests]' line 13: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `[]' for true:TrueClass

from 'FileTests' line 13 in `safeExists?'
    from 'Multiple Saves' line 21 in `countFileSave'
    from 'Multiple Saves' line 297 in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    from 'Main' line 8 in `main'
    from 'Marin Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `call'
    from 'Marin Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `main'
    from 'Main' line 45 in `mainFunctionDebug'
    from 'Main' line 24 in `pbCriticalCode'
    from 'Main' line 55
    from 'Main' line 54 in `loop'
    OK

btw here is def pbStartScene

1st
    Spoiler:

2nd
    Spoiler:

That's the wrong code. That's for the Max Raid Database, I want the code for the Max Raid events. I should have been more specific. I want the FIRST instance of def pbStartScene. The one with several arguments in parenthesis.

Also, it looks like you have third party scripts installed that directly affect the save function. It can't be a coincidence that you have those installed and are experiencing a save issue.

EDIT: The 2nd code you posted is the correct one, you just didn't post the entire thing.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    That's the wrong code. That's for the Max Raid Database, I want the code for the Max Raid events. I should have been more specific. I want the FIRST instance of def pbStartScene. The one with several arguments in parenthesis.

Also, it looks like you have third party scripts installed that directly affect the save function. It can't be a coincidence that you have those installed and are experiencing a save issue.

EDIT: The 2nd code you posted is the correct one, you just didn't post the entire thing.

this is my whole code max raid 2 events

Spoiler:

multiple saves can be problem

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    this is my whole code max raid 2 events
    <CODE>
    multiple saves can be problem

I see no error in this code.

BUT MAN.
    For Arceus' sake.
    Lucidious made an awesome update, with a functionality that you probably asked, he's spent days polishing it as he always does, and you're burying it with a stupid bug that looks unrelated and your inability to correctly ask for help!

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I see no error in this code.

BUT MAN.
    For Arceus' sake.
    Lucidious made an awesome update, with a functionality that you probably asked, he's spent days polishing it as he always does, and you're burying it with a stupid bug that looks unrelated and your inability to correctly ask for help!

I appreciate his work. What he have done is very big. Yes it was a stupid bug it was of because of Multiple Saves. The script of Multiple Saves is incompatible with Zud Plugin. I very much love Zud Plugin. Thanks for help

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Hey man just wanted to ask something, will you add compatibility with EBDX later ? SInce it has been released in beta right now on it's discord server

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey man just wanted to ask something, will you add compatibility with EBDX later ? SInce it has been released in beta right now on it's discord server

Yeah, I saw. I'm so burned out after finishing Dynamax Adventures that I don't even wanna think about another update already, though lol. Especially one that I'm sure will take a lot of time and patience to achieve. But ideally, yeah, I'll want to eventually make it compatible. It probably won't be immediate, though.

Back