• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Forum life!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • The other day, firepokemon and I were discussing and scanning the archives about PokéCommunity's rich past, as both of us were interested in learning more about it. Searching the archives, fp found a thread in Other Chat, Your Forum life! created by oni flygon back in November of 2003.

About five years later, I thought it would be a nice idea to repost the topic and learn the forums past of our members.

oni flygon said:
    Talk about your history here...

I admit, I'm not even a year into the forum life, so not the longest history, unlike Lightning's (post). Though I'm pretty detailed, you don't have to be like this. ._."

On September 19th, 2007, I had never joined any type of forum before and only used the computer to research other types of information. On that day I decided I'd take a break and search some things I was interested in. (Pocket Monsters being one of them) I found PokéBeach, and was amazed a site could have such communites. Being named the beach and having no clue what information it really was about I registered quickly under the name Ryan"TheSeaKing" (lol) I soon found out the forum was based on the trading card game, which I have never really been interested in. My first three posts we're absolute spam as I just clicked on a thread and said "Hi i'm new, how is everyone?" xD Haha. I was somewhat active and became one of their good battlers. Though I never honestly felt comfortable there, as everything is cards, cards, cards, and since I failed to enjoy that, it was pretty tough to fit in. I still made a good amount of friends, nothing like today at PC, but still made them. I made some fanfics which were bad. I made some threads that became very popular on the topics of memories and such, as I'm pretty big into learning the past of others. xD Anyway, I had a good time there but never fit in and couldn't stand not knowning a thing about the cards, when everyone talked about it. So I decided, time to move elsewhere... ending my forum life there around 339 posts, if that gives you any discription of how active I was.

Learning about Smog. University, I thought I would go join over there. I registered under the username of BeachBoy on December 28th. Though I was lurking this time around. I kept to myself for the main part, rarely ever speaking, I rated some teams and that was about it. I began to be a bit more outspoken, but didn't go well. I found an "NFL thread" and joined the the discussion only for the others to disagree with my opinion of my favorite team. This rejection didn't do so well for my spirit. I then created a team there that became widely popular, the format I used on it is still used today. I posted battle logs and became somewhat known there as a great format designer for battle logs and RMT's, which I really liked. Though I just wasn't up to their level, my opinion was often ignored and rarely noticed, but I did make a couple of friends. One day, I met an animator and became friends with him. He made me this really interesting avatar animation of a wailord. I really really liked it, but... it didn't fit the size there. :/

So around this time I was looking for a new home, and researched on google about IV guides. I found a hidden power guide detailed and created by the member named "Tortured_Soul" At first, I didn't even recognize it was PokéCommunity. I thought seems like an interesting place, let's check the avatar size!(dead serious) I joined by the name you currently are reading on January 30th, 2008. Checked the size for the wailord animation, it fit and I uploaded it. ;D I was pretty happy at this point, then made a n00bish introduction thread and got some (2) welcomes. Joining and learning how incredible this community actually was I decided I'd like to make a name for myself. I headed over to the announcements and found a thread on forum donations. I was extremely boastful (newbie) and said how I would break the highest amount donated. (newb) Though two great members by the name of Gerri Shin & Chikara taught me that if I wanted to become known, I had to be active, not just donate.

Today, well you can guess how great things have been. (Though I do still have to send in some money) I have an incredible time here, and don't think I'll ever be going to another forum, and I've made loads of friends here at PC. Though, I do join my friends forums every now and then in support, and have had my own litte, failure, forums.

That's my history. What's yours?

---
    Okay uh, wow, that was long. xD

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Nice topic.

Well, I don't remember the exact date, but it was around middle December in 2006. I was random searching google looking for games, when I discovered the wonderful world of emulators. After I had played all the legendary games I had always wanted to (such as Mario Advance or Link's Awakening), I discovered somewhere in the page I used to go a section called "Hacks", where I discovered the translation of a game that was in my list. I enjoyed it a lot, so I decided to keep looking. I came up with Brown, and, after enjoying it even more, I decided to make a general search. And I ended up in the WAH.

So, after playing some hacks, I came up with Shiny Gold (yeah, I'm one of them XD). I got the bugged B3, and since I want to report the bugs I had found, clicked on the "Hacks forum" link there. So that day I joined Studiopokémon.

I actually was never active there, since my main reason for joining was keeping up to date with the game. And that objective never became true since he said "In PC I have the thread more up to date". Voilà.

So I came here like hundreds of people, just to download the game and, for a month, I did nothing but to check that thread and hang around the Hacks Showcase. It was almost June, and I had wasted all my PC time looking just that board. Yeah, I had made three friends, I had got zel to know me over the hundreds of people like me. But I hadn't gone out of the Hacks Showcase. And then is when two happenings kicked me from my uber-small world: first, zel got a virus that made him closed the thread for an unknown time. So, just before I decided to leave PC until he returned, I searched his post historial and found Marz's leaving post in his Fanclub.

It was like a punching- he had been like me, and now he was really popular. So, after swearing my eternal gratitude to him, and instead of leaving, I gave it a try and decided to go around the other forums. Since I had always been a great advisor in the games, I got around the GBC/GBA pokémon games. But, outside from there, I had a problem: not only I'm something timid towards people I don't know (and by then I knew no one), but Christos's spam-deleting sprees traumatized me in the point of thinking that my posts weren't worthwile, so it prevented me from posting in the DCC or in the FC's so much. So I thought again on leaving. And when I was about to, zel came back and asked me to test his game. You can believe me when I say that I still don't understand how or why XD

So, for the second time, I decided to gave another try. It was July. And then I found it. TCTI. It was like a miracle- a spampit thread where you only needed to post four words, 25 letters and a number to get your post accepted. And when I wanted to realize, I had joined Nica's friends group, I had made several friends there and became a frequent poster of Other Trivia. And the great mystery that Nica used to drag me to her forums is still unsolved for me, although I don't care anymore.

So well, I stayed eight months. I had some hard moments, such as when some of my friends left PC or got banned, but the fact that I still had many others on made me forget about leaving.

And finally, March and April. After having four congrats for my first year anniversary, I started to think in donating to make myself a name and get some more space for my PM inbox. But, repeatedly, Hiroshi decided to show me that I'm not a seer at all. First, he gave me a reward to the main reason why I joined the forum -finding bugs in a rom-hack- giving me a place in his game the same day I gave up about that; and second, the day when I was most seriously thinking on donating, an hour after I told Nica that "I don't think I'll be chosen FTiP mod", he opened the weirdest MSN convo I have ever had to mod me XD

So yeah, I started my forum life to report two bugs in a rom hack, and now I'm not only beta tester of said game (and two more), but I also became mod of a forum. I still don't know how, but I think I have done it well.

Long post is long.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    My post isn't really going to cover all of my forum history, since I don't remember most of it, and I'm only active on four forums.

Back in December of 2005, my parents got me a really old laptop so I could type my fanfics on them without having my brother read them. The laptop couldn't handle the Internet, so I was still stuck using the "main" computer of the house for the Internet.

At the same time, I was learning how to be a better fanfiction reviewer over at FF.net. Annoyed at the lack of quality Pokemon fics over there, I googled Pokemon sites for fanfiction, and found my way over at Serebii and Bulbagarden. It was my first introduction to forums.

I didn't join the forums, being one of those annoying guests that take up data space and don't do anything. (Ha ha!) I mostly lurked over at Serebii, since they were more active, and their fanfiction section actually had a good selection of fics to read.

One of the fanfics that I started to read was Typhlogirl's The Pokemon Rebellion. While reading, I noticed that she kept mentioning that canine Pokemon could hug their ribs and walk at the same time. No one else who had reviewed brought that up. I wanted to figure out how to tell that to her, but I didn't want to sign up for an account on the main computer.

Lo and behold, my old laptop died after I fell on it. So my parents brought me to a surplus store, where I picked out a newer laptop that could handle the Internet. Once I was hooked up, I decided that with the wireless Internet that wouldn't tie up the phone lines and with my own computer, I would join both Bulbagarden and Serebii.

That was on February 6, 2006.

On Bulbagarden, I didn't really post, since they weren't all that really open to newbies over there, especially newbies that had no idea what they were doing. So it was on Serebii that I started to get used to forums, by posting small posts in the Polls section.

Finally, Typhie posted a new chapter to her fic, and I was able to review. I mentioned the dogs and ribs part, and she was happy that I pointed that out. (Now it's a joke between us.) I stayed around the Fanfic section, making a name for myself, and making friends.

I began to wonder if there were more forums out there about Pokemon, so I headed off to Google again. The first two forums that I found that I wasn't already a member of were PC and Pokemon Fan Universe. I joined both on May 4, 2006.

On both, I was more used to forums, and so created "New Member" topics. PC's community was so friendly, different from what I was used to. I decided to hang around and get used to things.

Over the next year, I left PC, and came back to find that I couldn't really leave it. So I decided to head to my favorite section on the board: Pokemon Fanfiction. I reported bad fics, I reviewed good fics, and I was shocked to find that the friends I made on other forums were here as well.

After watching three(!) different mods of PFF come and go, I was there when CWTA,P was modded in there. We started talking, and I posted my old, really disorganized Grammar Advice thread. Then CWTA,P was promoted, and everyone wanted to know who would take over his three sections. No one knew, and I didn't say a thing to anyone. I just continued reviewing and reporting.

On November 7, 2007 I came home from work to find a MSN message from CWTA,P waiting for me. He signed on a few minutes after that, and I asked him what he wanted to tell me. And that was when he told me I was a mod.

What a long strange trip it's been, huh?

Years
  • Why certainly, I'm bored enough to start rambling about my life on PC.

I was lurking on the web in July 2005 for more information on PokéSpecial Adventures (the manga) and eventually came across nicoleb's manga scans here on PC. I had the page bookmarked and referred back to it on and off for a few days, then I decided that it'd be a nice idea that I joined and made it easier for myself; I had done so on 3rd August.

After posting a few little bits in the Pokémon Manga section, I started to venture out to the Art Gallery and its sub-forums: Home of the Sprites (now called Pixel Art) and Sprite Comics (now Pixel Projects). A lot of the threads I saw in the Art Gallery at the time didn't really interest me; all except one. It was a thread made hours back by a user called Cookie luvs Green, a lot of them were pencil sketches and Oekaki doodles, but her style fascinated me and I was surprised she hadn't any replies yet. So I went ahead and posted the first reply to her thread, she replied to my comment and others started to come in and comment themselves. Eventually I PMed her with an urge to get to know her a bit more, I can safely say she was the first person I ever befriended on PC.

During the first four months of my stay here at PC I had accumulated a good number of friends and a little popularity with credit to my Sprite Comic I had at the time called "Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green Continued". For the whole of October and November I kept in good company with my regular crew that frequently fooled about in my fan club and a user named Vaati (also known as Kaku, not sure what his name is now.)

One day in October I decided to lurk the Who's Online list to eventually find Forest Grovyle in 'Javachat'. I wasn't so sure what that meant; nor did I ever see that status before for anyone on the list. So I decided to click the link that was displayed and eventually was lead into a chatroom.

It was...deserted, hardly active. It took about 25 minutes or so for someone to say anything, and that was just simply 'echo...echo...echo' by FG. I immedietely greeted her after she said that and then we started to converse. That's when I learned of the existence of an IRC chatroom on PC. Eventually Draelen popped up and we all had a bit of a fool about. Since then I've been coming on and off the chat, though after that moment of activity there was simply naught. Too few people in the channel, all of them idling...and furthermore, hardly anyone knew of its existence.

Anyway, I got myself into a little drama during November with MysticTrunks (also known as Karasuma) which was eventually settled but otherwise things were going pretty smoothly.

December 5th 2005: It was a Monday and I was dulled at the fact that I had to go to school. So, logging onto PC to find that I had an unread PM -- went to my inbox to find a PM from Bobby (who was a Praetor/Assistant Admin at the time.) I actually started to panic and pray that I didn't do anything wrong. XD; In fact I was so scared to even open the PM. But...when I opened it, I had read something that took a couple of double takes and eye rubbing to believe.

"The other Higher Staff and I have come to the conclusion that you would make a worthy moderator for Home of the Sprites. If you think you can or cannot handle the job please let us know as soon as possible.
    Thank You!
    "

Now that just blew my mind. I was actually asked to become a moderator? I hadn't really taken any thought of myself ever becoming a mod in the future, yet right there in front of me was a request to mod a sub-forum I...didn't really visit. XD; I frequented Sprite Comics, not Home of the Sprites. But apparently it didn't matter all that much. I was still shocked that I was asked, and my reply to Bobby's PM was written with shaky fingers. I simply couldn't believe it. Basically, I stuttered my acceptance of the request. Foolhardy it might've seen, but it's simply how I felt at the time.

Later on in the day I glanced at my bold and blue username and thought to myself "I can't believe this just happened."

It was hard being a newbie mod. Lurking your section of power almost for hours and looking for threads and posts that violated the rules, etc.. it was almost all too overwhelming. I was incredibly nervous with the thought that I might get fired within a week's notice. XD; But as time passed, I actually got a hang of keeping my cool and letting things flow out on their own.

During that time I became a regular at PC's IRC chatroom (which then actually gained a fair amount of activity thanks to Steve advertising it on the forums.) Let's see if I can remember correctly... Deviruchi, Avatar, myself, Charade, Airashii, Koroku, Scizz, Chibi. Later came Cowrie, Hiroshi Sotomura (known as Tetsuya-san at the time), wakachamo, Skittles (Kazuma) and so on and so forth. We all became regulars, and IRC was treated as my second home to the forums.

So, the beginning of 2006 and through it came a lot of drama and new people. I can't be bothered going into so much detail. A LOT happened at the time. @_@ Oh, and I left PC for 2 weeks and came back. lawl. 2007 was also drama infested and more people came to appearance -- not really anything different; except that I took a perminent leave from the staff on October 27th 2007 since my college work became a main priority over running my mouth off on members on the forums. At times I do miss my position on the forums, but I certainly don't regret hanging it up.

Over time I believe my attitude changed, and so had my maturity. A good number of people complained that the moment I became a moderator was the moment I shifted from being a human being to becoming that of a 'robot'. Which isn't so true, I kept my playful demeanor and I didn't pick favourites out of anyone. But I do agree that I was at times strict and harsh. I was jaded by the idiocy of a good number of members and by staff conflicts, really. The stress of the job shredded my patience slowly.

But looking back at it all now, this is the first place I've ever come across that has made such an impact on myself. Joining PC in the first place was one of the best moves I've made, I'm greatful to still be here.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This, my friends, is Beach Boy's best thread ever. Maybe his best post ever… Okay, let's not get carried away with ourselves.

Okay. My story. My long, anguishing story. Let's rewind back to July two thousand and six, yes? Basically, I live in Ireland, and we have these things called Gaelteacht. It's basically a two week academy you go to in the Summer to improve your Irish. So, I go to some random one in Kerry, isolated from my friends and family. It doesn't take long to strike up two amazing friendships with these two kids called David and Tim. Now, push Tim aside for the moment and let us focus on David. He wasn't allowed MSN nor AIM, so what he did was make forums. He made a forum specifically for the three of us so we can keep in touch, so it kept active, I learned my way around a forum, and I became Administrator of his forum. When he was finally allowed to get MSN the forums died 'cause he didn't bother using it. Tim used it too. That was his only part in the story.

So now we fast forward to December fourteenth two thousand and seven. I'm bored, so I click on the forums link on Pe2k (the website). I join, get well liked because I use proper grammar and introduced the Pokèmon claim thread. For those of whom are wondering, I never had any n00b days, I'm too amazing for that. So, two days later on December Sixteenth, I join PokèCommunity and start Private Messaging the people I thought looked smart, just to get to know whoever and get my head around the forum. So, anyways, on Pe2k I started getting into flame wars, many that I won, but I feared that my time there was limited. I was either going to get permanently banned or leave as everybody began to dislike me. Good times, good times. I begin posted about a week or two after my Private Messaging phase,

Now we take a break until January twenty first, I think, where I find out that someone stole my username and account and began impersonating me on PokèDream forums. How did I find that out, you ask? Jax Malcolm was also impersonated and Nocturne (or LordZangoose, as you may know him on Pe2k) joined Pokèmon Fan Universe saying that Jax had told him about Pokèmon Fan Universe and to join it. I was intrigued by this episode so I got the link to PokèDream forums off of Magmortified, a member on Pokèmon Fan Universe. I joined, found out someone was posting as me, got him banned 'cause I'm an amazing person and got banned myself after I started annoying people.

I also joined Pokèmon Fan Universe, Firefly BBS, PokèMania, BulbaGarden and PokèKingdom, bot those stories are just too epic to tell.

And that's my whole life for you.

And now I know why you don't type on Microsoft Word. My God, look at the size of this text.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Yay!

Funfunfunfunfun

Okay, well, I'll just start from whenever I can remember.

I started my forums in a very n00by website called 4kids (root of all evil, yes I know). I went there mainly for the Yu-Gi-Oh!. That was when I first started making my fanfics. I would link you one, but they updated their crappy version into a nicer crappy version, and all of my n00bness got deleted. But, that writing was really bad, and that was my first forum I ever joined with my friend, KageX.

One day, kage was searching through google for a better site because we stopped going there for the Yu-Gi-Oh, and just posted about pokemon in the anime section, and 4kids wasn't exactly the best site; and worst of all, they were updating and all of our stuff would be deleted. Anyway, he was in google and he stumbled across a hack called "Shiny Gold". He looked at the information on it, and within minutes we were both downloading the game onto our computers and playing it. After we beat the first beta, we decided that we would both makes names so we could keep track of the betas. He made the name Burst Ninja, and I made the name steel_pscyho612. We were members on the pokecommunity. Soon after, our friend Danny joined with the name Danman100, but he ditched the site. =[

Well, I did some stuff I should've have done on steel_pscyho612, and that one got banned, along with my two alts. steel__pscyho and metagross_collector. So, in 24 hours time, I made ANOTHER alt. account scythemaster. And on December 24th, the administrators found out about me and banned me for life on Scythekid. After days and days of begging, Mewthree and Hiroshi Sotomura let me back in on probation on March 1st. And, here I am today as Scytheteen.

Through the seven or eight or nine months I've been here I've met a lot of cool people. Most of them are still here too, so it was all good. My first few friends on here were Midnight Winged (at that time he was The_Chatot_Pirate), Waffle-San (Mr.May) and Xairmo. Then I met more people like ~koneko (gonbeneko25), Went, Gummy (glajummy) and many other people. In november, I believe, I asked a certain newfound moderator of the section I was most active in to pair me. She said yes. I'll leave who that person was up to you. ;-]

I also joined serebii, pe2k, pokecharms and psypokes, but none of those sites were really all that good. So now I just go on here and Pokecosmo, but that's really it for other sites. =/

There's my history. =]

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • I joined in August '04, for a reason completely separate to why I'm here now. My interests were game strategies, websites, building teams, and... ROM hacking. That last one catch you by surprise? It really was my favourite part of the community. But across the things I was interested in, I met a fair number of people. Most of them have left - a few examples of those still around are Hiroshi Sotomura, Geometric-sama, and Koroku.

It didn't really take me long to expand into other parts of the forum - firstly, Mixed Community Groups. This became my home where I met more friends. At this point I was still only interested in the Pokemon aspect of the community, so I didn't pay much mind to the subforums. I'm pretty sure this changed when one person offered to make me a fanclub. So I found out about the Member Fanclubs subforum, and then the Other Clubs part. (re: Was this around back then? I really can't remember. o_O) I became pretty active around this section, namely posting with Haine Togu, who I'm pretty sure was a mod of that forum at the time. We got along surprisingly well and it was fun. :) I also met other people and found myself posting across a number of clubs at this point.

Anyway, after settling into the forum, I pretty quickly decided that I liked this forum. I got some updates on everyone's opinions from time to time, and generally I think they all supported me. At the very start of February '05, I had surgery to readjust the muscles in my left eye, and this meant lying in bed for a week. The boredom just grew constantly! All I could really do was listen to music, and at the time my collection was refreshingly small, but still not enough to last a week. So I snuck to the computer for a quick look.

I had a message waiting in my inbox, from Claire, an older admin, asking if I wanted to mod the MCG forum. I struggled to read it with double vision until I successfully made out most of the words. Maybe this was planned; one particular higher staff member did know about it! Do I need to explain my answer? HELL YES! I'd been waiting months for this, as you can see from the cryptic language above - sorry, I like building suspense. :D

Now, about a month or so before this happened, at the very end of 2004, I'd learnt about a thread called Daily Chit-Chat. I'll point out now that up until the end of this history, I was on dialup. And I wandered, casually, into this thread, where numerous people were posting. FAST. The thread gained a new page every few minutes. Sounds daunting? It wasn't - it was actually quite fun to keep up with! And through this, I met a lot of new people. Half of them mods and one or two admins - the rest were just regular members.

A lot happened in the next year or so - some good, most of it pretty bad. Let's just say that come mid-February 2006, after countless warnings and a couple of temp bans that I completely ignored, I earned myself a permanent ban.

I made an effort to keep in touch with friends, whoever didn't hate me at this point. I kept in-touch through other methods - other forums, IM programs, and even IRC. I was pretty active in #pokecommunity and then #thepokecommunity. Gradually I realised getting myself banned was a completely stupid thing to do, and made up with a lot of people who I'd argued with.

But one day, early 2008, the idea came up on IRC. What if I could be unbanned? I did ask! I still missed this place. And eventually, I signed in to a certain person asking: "Would you like to be unbanned?" The staff had decided to give me another chance. So now I'm here.

I'd like to say I've matured a lot since 2006, but that's really your decision to make. But it is really nice to be back. And I really want to get this posted because I've been tossing up what to say for over an hour. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Haha, you want to know my history? It's not necessarily the most interesting, or the most extensive, but here we go.

So, let's go back to March 28, 2004. I opened my very first website. It was gross looking, my grammar was terrible, and my attitude was... immature. Mind you, I was eleven at the time, but, still. Looking back, I knew I could have done much better.

We'll skip a few years to February of 2007. I opened up a LiveJournal icons resource (not the same one I have linked in my sig XD;) and it was quite popular-ish. I did get quite a bit of hits, and my grammar was much better, my graphics were much more eye-pleasing (moreso than they are today, but that's a different story altogether). I was a fourteen-year-old amateur graphic designer, and I loved every minute of it.

However, I did get bored with it over time. As February droned on, and drama rose in our little "Anime Webdesign Community," I decided to leave webdesign altogether, and find somewhere else to make my niche.

I joined PC in March of 2007 after watching a YouTube video demonstrating Pokémon Shiny Gold. At that time I was getting into emulation, so this was a nice opportunity to download the hack. I googled Shiny Gold, and it brought me to PC. Of course, I wasn't allowed to download it unless I was a member, so I made the account "akaxrai," which I never thought I was ever going to use again. But, I suppose I was wrong.

Well, I did try to fit in on PC, but I never thought I did, so I left for a long time, and I even forgot about my account here.

After that, it's all a blur. I don't know what possessed me to come back, but I did. Sometime in either late December 2007 or early January 2008 I came back, and I somehow found the DCC, where I still pretty much reside to this day. However, I did branch out to OVP, MCG, and FTiP, making the whole "Offtopic Discussions" section of PC my niche.

In February of 2008, I changed my name to "Scarlet Lynn," and pretty much became a different person. More mature, happier, and social. The old "akaxrai" was a noob, pretty much. XD;

I don't know how I remembered PC, why I came back, or even what day I decided to come back. All I remember now is what little past I have and what awesome friends I have now. They know who they all are. <3

So, that's me in a nutshell. Not an interesting story, but it gets you through the day. :]

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    The following is a ridiculously long post.

I guess I'll try to fit my PC life in here and whatever came before...

To tell you the truth, I've never really been at a forum before. However, that's not to be confused with my internet life. I've always loved playing life-simulators like the Sims, for example, but the thought of playing it with real people across the world, despite the fact that half of them are probably sex-crazed rapists and pedophiles, really interested me. I'm really the type of guy that loves to have friends. The idea of not only having RL friends to talk to, but some over the internet as well appealed to me. Let's see.. I think you could say I got initiated in Internet Chat with Neopets. That's right. XD I joined that stuff when I was 11, I'd say. I was never interested, but this girl I talked to at the time raved about it and I thought why not? But, I did sign up as a minor, thus not being allowed in the chat. I wasn't interested, thus why I quit it. One year later, in 7th grade, my ex-friend made me get back onto Neopets and I decided to sign up as an 18-year old for the hell of it. I had no idea you got more benefits. As I went on, I eventually found the chatroom. I went in there, and made a friend. I really liked the guy, but my parents soon found out (mainly because I told them), and they didn't like what they heard. So, I got cut from Neopets.
    Later that year, my friend got my onto CokeMusic, which was a real online life-simulator. At first, I played because of what the point of the game was -- to play music and make money. Friends were of no importance. Of course, that bored me, as I only really liked playing when my friend was online too. He wasn't always online, so I eventually gave up on it.

Skip up to 8th grade, I get back into CokeMusic. This time, I played for the point of the game, since I went back on my own, without any friends. Boy, this was a blast. I had a great group of friends, and I loved coming home from school to go on and play with them, while being on MSN with my RL friends. My mom eventually found out I was doing this. But, instead of banning me, I asked her to give it a shot. She did, and I forget why, she ended up banning me from it. This was my first sad moment over the internet. It really sucked. I don't go on anymore. Apparently CokeMusic has changed dramatically. I highly doubt my old friends still play it. I think I snuck on once only to find one of my best friends left, probably because I did. XD;

Skip forward to December 24th (that's right, Christmas Eve), 2006. I was bored while waiting for the evening to have Christmas dinner and open presents, so I started thinking about Pokemon a bit. I think I was playing FR or something at the time, I don't usually randomly start thinking about Pokemon. XD; So I was wondering to myself if they're ever going to make a Gold & Silver remake, seeing as they made a Red and Green remake. I googled "Pokemon Gold Remake" and saw the thread "Pokemon ShinyGold - The Pokecommunity Forums". I had no idea what a forum was, but I don't even think I payed attention to that. I checked out what the link gave me, and I liked what I was seeing. I tried downloading the attachment and it told me I had to be logged in to download. So I registered as "marz" \o/ I downloaded, I played, I loved. My first post was actually deleted (XD) because it was exactly what zel didn't want people posting in his thread "how du i make the ipsfile work plz help :(". However, my second post, cheering on zel, was not deleted. :) I never made myself a welcome thread or anything.

I had no intension on posting very much, or even being active. I kept myself reserved to the Hacks Showcase section. I made quite a few friends in the ShinyGold thread alone. One day, I saw a link to an Umbreon Fanclub in the last poster section of the MCG. As I stated before, I always stayed in the Hacks Showcase section, so I never bothered to look around or check anything out. I liked Umbreon, so I decided to join up. Little did I know.. This was the first post of many in the MCG section, thus gradually making me get less interested in the Hacks Showcase. I guess you can say this is the Turning Point in my PC Life Story. But back then, I still visited the Hacks Showcase. I wasn't completely reserved to the MCG.

February 9th: I started a ROMHacking Group called HackerCross Productions. Please excuse the lame-ass name. It was a complete disaster. At the time I was basically fighting against my friend TreeckoLv.100's hacking group Galaxy Productions and Christos' hacking group called.. Windbreaker-something, I think. I was all excited that I had made one of these hacking groups, and it did get me a little more known around the Hacking Section, but the fact that we didn't come out with anything was kind of phail. I eventually gave up on the hacking group, when I started getting out of the whole ROMHacking scene.

February 14th 2007: First warning for SPAM. XD In the ShinyGold thread, of course~ Scizz had given it to me, and I clearly remember him writing "Have a nice day" at the end. I loved the absolute irony that this was a bad thing, yet he ends it off as if nothing was wrong. I thought to myself "If I ever warn anyone.. I'm so gonna put that at the end of my PMs." Anyway, I accepted the warning, I really didn't mind. I never thought it would do anything. I wasn't really interested in being a moderator at the time.

I think by this time I really started developing more of an interest in the MCGs. I made some good friends pretty fast. My first best friend must have been DarkIllusion. We talked daily, and sometimes had 7 PM chains going at once. It was crazy o_o; As I made more and more friends, including Murderface, Harmony, HOPPING FROGGY KISSES and some others, they all thought that me and DarkIllusion should have paired together, but.. we never did. Neither of us were interested in pairing.

As I got more and more involved in the MCG section, it became all I came to PC for. I had started my own Espeon club which was a huge success, DarkIllusion had made me a fanclub that I thought would have died out immediately and ended up getting 70-sum pages XD; A lot of memories in there, including me trying to leave PC twice. .__.; What takes up more than half of my post count would probably be the fact that I went everyday and posted in every club I was a part of at least once. It was intense. But I really liked it. I made so many friends in the MCG section, it was really great. I loved coming to PC.

We're now in March. I think in late-February/early-March, my mom found out I was going to PC. I told her to give it a shot because I'm 14 now and I can take care of myself. So, she let me go on PC. I was really happy, because I had started getting involved with a ROMHack by Trace. That never really got onto PC, because there were a few setbacks, and I don't talk to Trace anymore. XD; The same type of stuff happened throughout March, but around late-March the noobs started invading PC because of the Diamond/Pearl hype. I wasn't very effected though, since I never looked around in that forum anyway.

Now, April is a big month in my internet life. Hope it's not getting too boring. >: In April, the idea of becoming a moderator was slowly getting engraved into my head, and I wanted to become one. Also, Drummershuff had become a moderator at that time, and I was really into making friends by randomly PMing people. I got a few good friends that way, actually. Anyway, I PMed Drummershuff mainly because I wanted to see what he was like. A lot of people liked him because I saw his Friend's List was enormous. We PMed a bit, and it stopped abruptly. ;_________; but then later on I tried PMing him again and he asked for my MSN. This... was a huge decision for me. My parents clearly told me not to let anyone see my picture, let people know my name, phone number, home address, and e-mail. I thought "...well why the hell not? :D" and made myself an IM account for PC people, and I gave it to him. I started coming on MSN just for Drummershuff. I'd come home, we'd talk for an hour, he'd go to bed, I'd go back to my RL MSN. He introduced me to Sammi, too. :3

From then on.. I started talking to my friends on PC who had MSN handles. It was really cool. This slowly got me away from PC, but I'd still post in my Fanclub and whatnot.

Thanks to MSN, I met tons of new friends. It's what got me most of the people whom I talk to daily. \o/ During the summer of 07, in particular, I met Loki, YoshiRiRu, Niwa and... Nastumi (I don't know your PC account name). I later on met Chibi-chan this way. This opened up MMORPGs to me. I played Ragnarok Online with them. o: I liked it. But, a lot of drama happened between me and Murderface because of it, so I stopped playing, and now I hardly play it.

Skip to May: This is when I became friends with one of my best friends Arisa. :D We both won Member of the Month for April, and I guess Kelsey thought I was cool enough to talk to. Instead of PMing me, she found my FC and posted in there. I actually unintentionally ignored the post for about a week, because it was the very last post on a page in my FC, and someone had made a post after it, so I didn't bother looking on the other page until after a week. I couldn't imagine how Kelsey must have felt to see that I totally ignored her. XD; SORRY. <3
    I was talking to Drummershuff on MSN, and we were talking about how many people like him, and I told him I'd make a Poll on PC about it. He thought I was joking, since apparently that was against the rules (way to tell me after I make the thread!) So, as you can probably guess, I got warned by Morkula. Thus starting a very strange friendship with him. It consisted of me demanding for my warning getting revoked, him getting pissed, pwning me through PM for being a n00b, me accepting it and moving on. But, one day I was talking to Drummershuff, and I think we were talking about Morkula, and I asked for him to get added as a joke. Turns out Drummershuff asked Morkula about it and Morkula agreed. I introduced myself properly, and it was a bit awkward at first, but the friendship has turned good. :]

Skip to July or August or something: I got paired with Chikara. We actually hardly knew each other at the time, or at least weren't as good friends then as we are now, but we were both unpaired and we got paired. You can thank Harmony for that. XD

Skip to September 14th: I get modded. \o/ I got added into a chat with Cowrie, Morkula and Sammi. Drummershuff told me that he got modded after being added into a chat with staff members only, so I was like "omg. am I getting modded?" and, I did! 8D Wow, that was great. XD; Well, this really opened up something new to PC: MCG noobs. >: Instead of being one, I had to take care of them. I was up to the challenge though. \o/

All was good until I decided to my name changed to Deimos. I had no idea so much would happen using this name. Especially mod-wise. I took care of some pretty big things being a mod while being Deimos. I don't think I'll go into that. All I've got to say is that it made me quit the staff on February 17th. I was quite sick of the noobs. x__x; I asked for a demotion and everything.

I decided to come back, because.. I really liked you guys. I was surprised that instead of getting beaten down with "FAKER!! LOSER!!! LOL U SUK!!!" it was more along the lines of "oh great, Marz is back. He was a good mod." Speaking of being a mod, I got modded again roughly a month later. :]

Nothing that big has gone on since then. We're now here on April 23rd, and I'm typing this up. If you actually made it through this post, wow. o__o;

Last edited:
    Years
  • Came on around 2003 when I was still into pokemon. I googled, pokemon, and this came up.

I remember how I didn't know how to reply. I ended up making a thread instead. I look at my old posts sometimes just for the stupidity of it. Yeah, sometimes I felt like an idiot cause of the way I used to talk. "Me thinkies" instead of "I think."

The site crashed or something at some time. I don't remember. But we had a new pairing up thread and I paired up with this girl called Hikaru's Twin or something. Yeah she hasn't come on for a long time.

I remember a time when some staff on the site got into a fight with this dude named Steve. Somehow, it never got resolved, and tried to get people onto another site. I don't think that ever worked out.

And I remember Kairi and that other girl... Kairi was always a good mod until that person showed up. Suddenly Kairi realized she was a lesbian and kind of messed up a forum.

Then there was the mod issue and the age issue. I got older, and mods were authority figures. Means I had to rebel against them. Somehow I suddenly felt so emo about everything, and I left this site a few times now.

Myself I don't even know why I'm back.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Hey, I actually have history to write about now! :D

I joined back in February of '04, as my profile says. I originally found the boards in November of the year before but didn't bother join. I can't really remember why it took me so long to register, I was probably to lazy to sign up. I was a member of the forum that shall not be named back then, just getting back into the Pokemon fandom. When I finally ended up joining, I kinda made a home for myself in Other Anime as it was called back then. I don't think too many people liked me though, I was pretty rude back then.

For most the early part of 2004 I didn't really talk to anyone on a regular basis. Eventually people started coming to me for random anime info and stuff about Japan because I was the guy to go to on that subject back then. The first person I really talked to normally back then was Paige, I think Suzu was her screen name, can't really remember. After that I met a whole bunch of people through her. David/animadversion is the only one of who I still talk, so I've known him longer than anyone else. Anywho. Those people became my little circle of friends.

[insert offline life stuff including a big move]

I come back after about three month's or so of not really posting. This is when I really started to get addicted to PC. If I wasn't at work, I was on PC, but that's just how amazingly fun PC was back then. That was at a time when there literally was never a dull moment on PC, whatever time of day it was, there was always something fun to do or someone to talk to. This was also the time when I became friends with Kris/Tendo, who was the mod of Other Anime at the time.

A few months go by and it's November. One random night I'm in a large conversation with my friends and a few staff members. We were talking, having lots of fun and then someone tells me to check my PMs. When I first joined, I think I really wanted to be a staff member but as time went on I just stopped caring about that and focused more on having a good time with my group of friends.

So, I check my PMs and my only new one is from Kairi/Abby, who was an admin at the time. The title was "Wanna be a mod?" I don't remember the contents of the PM, other than the obvious, but I was so flabbergasted that I thought it was some mean joke at first. XD; Eventually I said yes and then I found out that it was Tendo who brought me up for the spot. Still grateful for that because I ended up meeting some of my best friends in the staff.

About a month goes by and then David becomes a mod, which was pretty cool. Over time pretty much everyone in my circle friends became a mod, except for one person. I met another really good friend and this is when we started posting a lot. It was a great time, we even marathon posted once, he ended up getting 1,000 posts in one day and I got about 700.

I think a lot of people didn't like seeing a pair of mods posting like that, but we didn't really care. Looking back, yeah a good bit of it was spam, but we still did a lot of work in our areas, so it evened out. It was sometime around here that I asked for New Users / Welcome Back and got it. The area was pretty dead for most of the time, the only time I ever had to do an extensive work was when there was a spam attack at like, 2 in the morning and no higher staff members to be found.

Anywho. About three months after I became a mod, I was made an s-mod, which was, for lack of a better phrase, freaking awesome. I think that was the fastest turn around from mod to s-mod, which I was pretty proud of I guess. I helped in getting a lot of people made mods and enjoyed the next couple of months.

Then there was that lovely drama that we're all so fond of. I ended up losing some of my closest friends, still regret all that but at the same time I still don't believe I'm totally at fault. We were all pretty immature at the time, at least in aspects not involving modding forums. So for a while I lost most of my friends, that really sucked, it was a pretty lonely time. I did make up with a few friends afterwards and of those, David and Digi still the only ones I talk to because the others like Niko / Oni_Flygon, Teara and other friends ended up leaving PC.

After a few more fights, and having certain people who have posted in this thread banned, I was given a promotion. I was pretty happy then because I had most of my friends back, at least the ones I actually cared about. The next couple of months followed a pretty strange routine of events. 1) Lose contact with friends, 2) Random "rebellions" sprout up, 3) Make contact with other friends, 4) Feel like quitting PC.

I did meet a really great friend during this time, still talk to him on occasion. Could pretty much talk to him about anything since a lot of things in our lives resembled each other in a big way. So yeah, I actually spent more time talking to him than my girlfriend, and since we were pretty close, this is when a gay pairing started thanks to a certain friend.

This was a very awkward time in my life, it felt like people actually thought the pairing was real, even though we both had girlfriends at the time. Needless to say to say, neither of us liked it very much, so we confronted someone about it and thought it would be over. No no, why would anything be that simple? As if being unwillingly part of a gay pairing wasn't enough, this is when...fanart started to pop out, and then fanfics made their way up to the surface. (how many people can say they've had that?)

Anywho, my unwilling pair-friend ended up quitting PC and sort of started coming online less and less afterwards. I still talk to him every now and then, but not nearly as much as I used to.

After that, another new routine broke out, which pretty much involved most of the staff against a certain few admins. One thread still really stands out, it went on for the longest time and we can pretty close to having a staff-wide resignation. Yeah, we had gobs of fun with that whole ordeal. I made some of the longest posts I'd ever made anywhere thanks to those events. XD; I also remember basically calling out one of the admins by bringing an HQ thread to the mod lounge, then making it public.

Few months pass and I end up becoming a staff admin, thanks in no small part to my friends who were already SAs. The site admins didn't like me, so it was interesting to read through all those threads where they fought over me at the time. Not much really happened as a SA, certain people left the staff, certain people were unbanned, but nothing too big. Most of the people who had caused all those "rebellions" back in the day had already left and stopped caring about PC.

Life goes on as usual for the next year or so, including what I still believe to be the most ridiculously amazing April Fools day prank which I've dubbed "Blackout 2006", nothing has even come close to topping that event, because I'm just that awesome at planning this sort of though.

There's also the fact that most of that day's events were unplanned, I can't remember all of it, but it was originally just PC with a totally black skin, but then we faked a hacking and changed PC's name to "Todoroki's Community" for most of that day. Of course no one actually bought that we were hacked, certain people got really mad about it all, but most everyone a great time. :D

Once more, the year moves on, I start posting less and less. PC is no longer as fun as I remember it being back in 2004 and 2005(which I still consider the best year of my life, online and off), at this time I ended up pretty much doing nothing in the way of staffing, but I still had the most staff actions for the longest time, until they were wiped. PC was dull all around, I was no longer post at the insane amount that I used to, I had already become the top poster and kinda just stopped caring about PC as a whole.

I pretty much relegated myself to posting in the mod forums, they were a blast back then, even in the dullest of times, I could almost always have a great time there. Even that wouldn't last though, I felt that was becoming duller as the days went by and I eventually just started asking myself "why?", I didn't care about PC the way I once had, certain admins were so fickle and hard to deal with that I realized as a staff, when it comes to making big decisions, the other admins could just yank us around whenever they pleased. Of course this was the reason we had a lot of arguments with them.

Time keeps moving by and I'm posting at a snail's pace now, there isn't much work to do anywhere for me. The mod forums were pretty much dead, I talked to most of my really close friends on MSN most of the time, so that's when I finally made the decision to quite. I quite on April Fools 2007, it was my way of going out with a bang.

Afterwards there was a period of three months or so when, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find it in me to get on MSN and talk with my friends. This was when I sorta started believing that maybe PC was the only linking factor between us and the only reason any of us were friends. That thought quickly left my mind a while later when I remembered I was part of the most awesome group known as 9 Inch Pizza.

I started getting online more and more then, started talking to my friends more often than I used to. I remembered that it really wasn't PC that linked us, I have a few friends who don't believe that, but it's been over a year since I've been staff and I still talk to all of my friends just as much as I ever did. Over time I came back to PC as well, still don't post that much, but I'm in here for the long haul I guess.

This will probably sound really dumb to certain people and probably lessen their opinion of me, but PC has been a monumental part of my life. I've the best friends I've ever had, gone through some of the worst and best times of my life, made the most amazing memories that I'm always gonna have and through all the fights we go through, I remember that at the end of the day, I still had a fantastic group of friends that I'll treasure for the rest of my life, even if we stop talking, they're people that I will never forget.

I'd really like to think I've matured over my time at PC, but I guess the only thing I've really learned is that you're never done growing in life, there's always going to be something coming out of nowhere to throw your plans off course and totally mess you up. It can be a great learning experience, but it can also be horrible, it just depends on how you tackle all of those events.

And this is definitely the longest post I've made in a while.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Let's see, My forum life began sometime in 2000 when I joined a now closed Pokemon Forum called Bayleaf's Garden. I was eleven years old when they modded me in a forum of about 4000. I remained Moderator untill the forum was mysteriously closed sometime in 2003.
    Having absolutely nowhere to go, I found my way on to Serebiiforums. In March of 2005, Serebiiforums was down, and I really didn't understand why ( noob at the time xD ), so I joined Pokecommunity to ask Shadowfaith why Serebiiforums was down ( I lol at this now ).

So the entire reason I joined Pokecommunity was to ask a Noobish Question about a crappy Pokemon forum.

Sometime around 2007 I completely stopped going to Serebiiforums and made Pokecommunity my official home forum. I was extremely angry at the mods of Serebii for misinterpreting the rules with their own guidelines ( I was given an infraction for spam, even though I was making a relative post in my own thread ).

In February of 2008, I was given moderator status at the Pokemon Acanthite Forums for my Veteran Member status, my good behavior, and me never receiving an infraction for the two years I was with the project.

Who knows what the future will hold?

Wow, guess it wasn't as long as I thought it would be x3

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
    Years
  • Excellent post BeachBoy and excellent replies to this as well. Well the thing started off being my forum life, but I'm not sure it worked out that way. But thank you Beach Boy, you've allowed me to think about my past and perhaps even look at my future.

----

In 1999 my family got dialup Internet, which, back then was quite adequate for foruming and chatting. Now days, well I wouldn't like to know how difficult it is to use the Internet using dialup. Initially I was more into the wrestling sites, as I was a huge fan of wrestling back then (now days I barely watch the show or keep up and I should so sell my wrestling collection as I could probably fetch a few dollars).

In 2000 I began looking at pokemon websites, I was never a gamer but I adored the anime and one day I happened to found pokemasters. Back then, there still wasn't a forum, but I enjoyed the reports, which I read promptly including the back issues, and I also joined the chat room there. It was a great time; I became more and more interesting in the site and then one day Pokemaster Kevin (Webmaster) announced that there would be a new feature coming in the next few days. That would happen to be the message board, back then the bug message boards were all Ultimate Bulletin Boards. It just happened that I joined the first day March 24th 2000 (although being in New Zealand it was the 25th here). This would ultimately be a journey, an interesting one at that.

I loved the message board, back then nothing was organised, there wasn't a miscellaneous forum, people were just thinking about gold and silver, it hadn't yet been released outside of Japan. It was a time where one didn't have avatars and features were pretty basic. But it was also a time where one could make their own identity, create their own niche in the Internet. I mainly hung round General Discussion, which at the time was where you'd post misc-related posts. The anime forum was popular so I would post a bit there. Like most people who initially join the forums, I did some newbie stuff. Posting asking for ROMs and emulators in Pokemon Stadium, and Red, Blue & Yellow forums. Posting crappy red, blue, yellow teams (I had never played the game, the only real sources of information was some crappy pokemon book my brother had and the website albeit. I ignored most of what was on the site), thus posting teams with Blastoise in it and having such moves as Skull Bash and that type of stuff.

There was so much Spam and so many trolls and huge piles of flames that seemed to increase with the addition of Miscellaneous forums and Pokemon Snap & something else forum. Miscellaneous forum didn't even have any moderators at the time. In General Discussion Pokemaster Kevin asked if someone would like to be a General Discussion moderator, I put my name down but didn't get it. My opportunity would come as there was soon an opportunity to mod the Miscellaneous Discussion forum. Back then if you wanted to moderate, you had to treat it like a Presidential campaign. Many of us would post some type of pledge saying what we would bring to the forum and what rules we would have and the stuff. It sounds crazy now, but back then it was perfectly acceptable as there were no things such as Infractions or anything like that. Eventually Pokemaster Kevin decided the only way to go would be to hold some type of vote. This didn't stop us campaigning but only meant we would campaign some more. Eventually, one guy Too Cool Scyther had a huge lead and was in. While, myself, ThunderTheTalkingRaichu and PokeMasterMisty were the other three selected as we had the most votes after TCS. Back then we were not even allowed in the Team-meeting discussion, eventually, we'd be allowed in.

I was at that time, quite a strict moderator; hell I would edit people's posts and fix their spelling and grammar (this seems funny now as my writing was pretty **** then and is pretty **** now). I became a top poster, posting more replies and making new posts than almost anyone else. I can't say what quality some of them were, but I always made an effort to post decently at less. I became involved in many discussions, often providing advice for those that required it. I became heavily involved in anti-Christian rants (I was really anti-religion back then). I made up a bunch of lies, some being that I was sexually abused, hooked on drugs, contemplated having sex, making out I had a child and stuff like that. So pathetic but I was lonely and wanting attention. I also got into a fight with Too Cool Scyther and Takeshi (Real Slim Shady and another name I think) over how Miscellaneous should be modded. They came from UPN, which, at the time was far more liberal and less strict than one could find at TPM. I remember posting a topic saying how I'm thinking of quitting. Half of my posts in those days were real attention seeking. I also happened to find the fanfic discussion board and there was a post asking for fanfic raters for the site. I put my name down saying I was in some made-up course to do with literature criticism or something like that. I along with reeb was made a fanfic rater. These were great times, I guess I was a memorable member in those times, well liked, if I worked hard I really believe that I would have been administrator.

Unfortunately, someone had gained access to our ISP and the login and password and thus was using our account to access the Internet. Thus my parents got a bill that was at least 200 dollars but probably more like 500 dollars and thus they decided to get rid of the internet for a while, while, it was all sorted out. Panicking knowing I would be away for a while I decided to make a post saying my mother had been in a car accident and that I wouldn't be on the internet for a while. Eventually a week later, I posted saying that she had died. Over the time I was away, some more people were made moderators, some stuff happened. One such incident was with an administrator named Dodrio who was being what I saw as abusive towards other users. A bunch of people from UPN (Upnetwork) came over to cause havoc on the forums. Many people became upset, but I didn't have the Internet at the time so couldn't exactly help.

During my time away I was quite the mess and gave my parents hell, I was a moody bastard then I'm a moody bastard now. So I would throw and destroy the house to bits. My Internet addiction was literally that bad. Anyway I was away from the Internet and so I came up with a bunch of things the board needed, new mods, new rules, a constitution one might call it. I also made up a few fanfics and stuff I wanted to post on the board. And then one day, my parents said we could have the Internet back.

Having the Internet back was great, but things had changed at TPM while I was away. New people, who were solely newbies, became more prolific. Dodrio had become one bitter bastard and major cliques were starting to appear. I came back, posted the rules and stuff I wanted to see in the Constitution, made up some posts in Misc, one of those being what the members would be like in 10 years. I miss those posts. Nobody gave a though to archiving in those days. I noticed one particular post in General Discussion made by reeb about Dodrio and how he was using his admin powers wrongly. I somehow became involved in this and soon was well on the path to a war with Dodrio and his friends. I guess part of me believed in standing up for what was right and that kind of stuff.

Anyway Dodrio kept deleting me several times; Pokemaster Kevin would keep adding me back. But the war with Dodrio and my constant lies were becoming a strain. My lies became more audacious and more pathetic. Suddenly I was supposedly some rich person, with lots of money and that kind of stuff, I'd pretend to be depressed and posting topics about me being sexually abused. Basically a lot of things came to the fore. Eventually, I pushed my luck way too far, and after one night where I just couldn't sleep, I decided to plan some grand post saying how my dad was dead. I became fully into the role, and started initially in the chat, panicking saying he was dead and eventually made a post about it. Of course people wouldn't be that dumb, and one person called me out and others called me out and eventually I had to admit it was a lie. Dodrio happened to be away at that time, which was probably a good thing. Basically I had to make up some excuse so said that I made up my dad dying and that I did it for attention and because I'm not happy with myself being bisexual and all, eventually, I just said I was gay. And yet this did not stop me from maintaining the lies of my mother being dad and other stuff as well.

Eventually Dodrio came back and we got into the wars again, these people now had more ammunition to attack me. Dodrio and his friends would invite me to some group chat on MSN and well I was attacked constantly. I remained a mod, although Dodrio and I got into the wars more and more, he kept deleting me and I kept being put back in due to back-ups and the like. One day Kevin decided to upgrade the board, but this upgrade eventually caused havoc with many people being deleted. I remember something strange happened with my account, it said I was admin or something. Regardless Dodrio deleted me. Things got sorted out, although TCS was demodded by Dodrio and PokeChamp a major suck-up was made a mod of Misc.

One day after someone had made a topic asking what people's star signs were, I had enough. I closed the thread saying, this poll had been done many times. He argued about it and I got upset so I quit as Misc mod. The minute that happened, Dodrio and his friends group-chatted with me, we argued and I was deleted again. I had earlier joined up at Upnetwork.net, Bulbagarden and Pokemon Adobe, the three main other message boards at the time so I needed time away from TPM and thus posted more at UPN. But two members Bill51 and PokeChamp posted over at UPN saying how I was a liar and I was trouble and the stuff. I was still a fanfic rater but no longer a mod at TPM. Eventually my account was banned and thus for a few good months I would evade my bans even though I was IP banned using proxies and the likes. Basically creating havoc at the boards, using multiple usernames some of those being crazefire, firecraze, flying destinty, firepokemonmaster and the like. I kept getting banned, but then one day Dodrio and I seemingly got over it. Dodrio I suspect became upset with PokeChamp who was seriously kissing Kevin's ass and Dodrio was moving on. Dodrio announced he was leaving he deleted his own account and eventually PokeChamp became the admin.

One would think this would stop the drama, but I didn't think much of PokeChamp. I certainly didn't believe he should be admin, and thus the wars I had with Dodrio I now had with PC. We would fight over everything, he didn't deserve to be admin, I still believe that now and it's been nearly eight years. But stuff happens and he was admin. Eventually, I once a pretty liked member became something of a nuisance. I became hooked on the history of the board and had at that time I great memory. And I would post TPMs history and the like. Things on the chat room were also good, I somehow began a relationship with Ninetales3001 and I became an aop in the chat. I didn't stop having fights, these continued for ages. I became obsessed with flaming people who I thought were spammers namely Ash_300. Boards change in many ways, and I guess one of the major changes at TPM was a bunch of members from Great Britain who had their own clique of sorts. PokeChamp was dumb and well gave Karma Chameleon his password, thus causing havoc on the boards. And two more members, one being Hyrulian_Genius who went from one day disliking Dodrio to basically kissing his ass and someone who was made a moderator far later than anyone and another guy Lugia007 also friends with Dodrio became administrators as well.

I'm not sure this helped the board, as well there wasn't much communication with PokeChamp deciding his own rules and the other two deciding theirs. For some reason after this, most memories seemingly stop. I am sure I was a complete ass and there was one member, Little_Pikachu creating quite a name for herself at the boards. Eventually she would kiss Kevin's ass and be made an admin one day, which she was. Everyone saw that one day she would be admin, everyone knew it would one day happen. Sometimes I think Kevin was a shitbag, the amount of people that would kiss his ass. TPM had its troubles with server costs and the likes. At one stage things were so bad that we had to be on Ezboard for a while. Eventually things came back, although the site was never the same again, the board came back, many new members came.

I find it funny, that my memories of 2000 are far fresher than my memories of 2001, 2002 etc. I continued posting at the forums, but by then I was an ass, merely there to annoy some people. I guess I got a reputation as a good flamer, the funny thing is now days I can't see to flame it just comes out as pathetic. I continued posting at UPN for many years, although it was never my board, it could never be my board. I was just too attached to TPM. I also posted at Bulbagarden but that disappeared, as did UPN eventually, Jaxel selling the domain name for money. A refuge board was set up, eventually someone brought the domain upnetwork.net but they were never the same again. I don't know what happened to Pokemon Adobe when its site closed. I was far too busy at TPM to notice. Bulbagarden went through troubles and that eventually disappeared as well, only for Archaic and others to build a site back up. Things on the Internet had changed a lot. The once big sites were all faltering.

Sometime in June 2003 while living in Christchurch where I live still today. My computer blew up. This was a blessing in one way, as it meant I wouldn't be on the Internet as much. But you also miss out on a lot of things as well. During the time away I found my partner who I still live with today. That's been a blessing, but part of me always missed the Internet. I would continue posting at TPM but those days became less and less and less. The only real time I would go on the Internet was when I'd go home for the Christmas holidays. Which explains why I was a member at this board PokeCommunity and the new Bulbagarden and the like. But for five years almost the Internet life was gone.

Finally in 2008 after many years without a computer, my partner happened to find a computer at the dumb (disgusting I know). I don't know what I was expecting to find, having the Internet again. But clearly this wasn't 2000-2002 any more. I posted at TPM, which survives to this day, although its far more inactive than one remembers. I eventually joined up again at Serebii although I became so disgusting by one thread and thus trolled and am currently banned till next month. I came back to Bulbagarden and am quite enjoying it there and of course there's pokecommunity. I'm very nostalgic, always looking back at those so called golden times of pokemon message boards. Things have changed since I first joined the Internet. Serebii was a minor site and serebii himself was a lonely figure with a small chat room with a few of his friends. And of course there's pokecommunity. TPM seems such a small memory in the pokemon world today, which I for one find a sad thing.

To be perfectly honest, the five years where I had no Internet was a lonely existence, and having the Internet is surprisingly lonely. I have people on my AIM but I don't exactly talk to them, I have a few on MSN but don't talk to them. I still post at TPM but its like a kick to the face, the way the board is now, it has life to it and yet there's a smell of death in the air. I complain constantly about boards such as Serebii and Pokecommunity, which I really shouldn't.

There's nothing wrong with such boards, they're not the boards of old and perhaps that's one reason I struggle seemingly to post that much. People should be proud of the communities they're in and its lovely that today people tend to archive more things and things seem more secure.

I miss UBBs; there was something magical to them that I don't think Vbulletin can deliver. I'm now days a bitter 24 year old, joining pokemon chat rooms and joining and posting at message boards trying to find something that doesn't exist anymore. 2000-2002 were for me my magic years. I have memories and know people from that time that I will probably continue to know for many years. If you were around in those days, you knew how magical they were. The days where forums were disorganised, flame wars were plentiful, where lists of rules didn't populate everywhere. It was just a time of magic, a magic that can never be recreated. Part of me is hoping one day I can move fully on from the pokemon community.

I'm, not sure how others see me. But I'm sure I'm an annoying person that if you see me in a chat room I am probably complaining about how people don't post decently and the like. I got into a fight with someone on a chat room; he used my age against me. Which, for some reason really upset me I guess it was the fact that my age was mentioned. Everyone has his or her glory days. The time on the internet where everything just seems great, for some of us, its when the boards we joined were brand new and where we built a real community from the ground up. For others it's when they first join a message board, and are somehow able to find a niche, a place in the community that they can enjoy and love. And for many of us, we're probably trying to find that golden place again. IT doesn't exist. You have choices, one is to move on which will do you a lot of good, the other is to keep reminiscing, its dangerous but you get on with it.

As for me, well I don't know what the future holds; I'm at least attempting to stop being so nostalgic and reminiscing about everything. It's difficult, but necessary. There is something comfortable however, about the pokemon community. Its large its all over the place. But there's a certain comfort that I don't know exists in other communities.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Time to feel old. *cracks knuckles*

My forum adventures began as early as 2000, when I started on forums through Anipike (which kicked tail as an anime link exchange way back when, before it revamped and therefore ended up royally sucking). Back then, I was known by various names that I don't wish to recall because some of them were, stupidly, my real name. So, my first boards were a roleplaying forum called Become a Gym Leader (good times) and, more importantly, the board for an egoshipping website called Sweet Surrender.

The people at Sweet Surrender were, really, some of the sweetest and most creative people I met, whereas I was seriously still a n00b. (By this time, for example, I was known as ChibiMouse, which eventually was further Japanized by friends on a splinter board -- Truth -- as Maikuromausu, or Mai for short.) Eventually, Sweet Surrender died, and its members migrated from that board onto a place owned by a friend of the webmaster's. I don't fully recall what the original board was called, but the boards that sprouted from it were known as Winged Haven, Cherry Chatter, and possibly other names, depending on what the webmistress had as the domain (which changed every couple of years). By this time, it was around 2001 to 2002. I was running a mailing list on Yahoo! that was practically a message board, my webdesign skills sucked, and I got it through my head that I could run an RPG board on top of all that.

This RPG board turned out to be After Dark, a futuristic RPG that also served as one of the many roots to my later RPG and current pet fanfiction, Midsummer Knights. The board itself got a modest amount of activity, with twenty members and a cast of active characters. I'd advertised this board on Cherry Chatter and managed to get one member who was still into Pokemon, Misao.

Misao quickly became a valuable member to After Dark, even going as far as to advertise the board on Pokemon-related websites. While many of them seemed to ignore her, one of them triggered a pretty nasty reaction from an apparently incompetent staff member. Looking for amusement, I followed her to Pokemon Fan Universe and joined in August 2003.

PFU was, to say the least, a bit of a disorganized mess. Many of the staff members were often inactive or acted as if they were ten years old. (And many of them were.) For whatever reason (probably because it was the largest board I was on at that point), I stayed on board and became an active member, eventually climbing my way up the staff ladder from a mod of the anime and fanfiction forums (the latter of which being the source of one of my reputations as a grammar nazi and tough reviewer) to a super moderator and finally to co-admin. In the meantime, I worked to rewrite not only the general board rules but also several other forum rules, many of which were disorganized and hard to follow. I gained a reputation (as a strict mod) as well and endured a number of fiascos that vets of the board can very well remember. In fact, it was because of many of these fiascos that my modding style became so strict, mostly because of the increasing stress on maintaining the board and enduring the brunt of the metaphorical hit when it comes to criticism. For example, in 2005, the webmaster and admin banned a number of people for political reasons, citing flame wars and spamming as the reason for banning. (At least one of these bans, for this reason, was dealt to an innocent member.) Numbers of people left, an entire section of the board was taken down, and the rules were carefully rewritten to avoid a repeat. And who got part of the blame? Me, for trying to get people to stop flaming each other before the admin came in and for criticizing both sides for it. Not only that, but a number of the old members who I felt were helpful and decent left in favor of the "lol how i mine 4 magikarp?" crowds, which really never helped my patience.

Rewind briefly back to 2004. You may be wondering what any of this has to do with PC, and the truth is, it's got everything to do with it. That year, a PC member by the name of HKim came up with the idea of a Roleplay Olympics sort of thing, where members from Pokemon boards all over the place would gather and roleplay together to form a board unity (and to earn bragging rights). PFU was chosen, and on it, a team of representatives was hand-picked to play. I happened to be the judge representing PFU, or the one who would analyze everyone's performances and send in my vote in order to keep the entire game balanced. The arena that was chosen for this event was PC, so every participant had to join. Thus, I came onto PC officially in 2004 (as Kazeto Tamashii, my Fanfiction.net username at the time) and stayed on for several weeks until the Roleplay Olympics died.

Thereafter, I've been on and off PC for years. Since my early days at PFU, I've always been trying out different boards (Bulbagarden, Ilex Forest, Pokemasters, Pokedream, even Serebii for a very brief time) but dropped out of them for one reason or another (lagging problems for about half of those names -- I worked with dial-up for many of these years -- and a discomfort with the community for some others). PC I came back to every so often for reasons I really never could define. It was, in my opinion back then, a huge board that I never could really get a good conversation out of, unlike the boards I was used to before then.

Eventually, I started posting fanfiction in the fanfiction forums, starting with the one that really anchored me to the board, Midsummer Knights: DREAM. It was 2006, and the first version left a lot to be desired. Nonetheless, with the Writer's Lounge right there and people giving me incredible feedback, I felt like I actually had a foothold in the board. So, I kept writing, revising, and submitting works -- not only Midsummer Knights but also whatever else I had to offer. I even started to branch out into the Advance Gen and Metal Gen forums, where I found a number of cool people along with the ones I met in the Writer's Lounge.

I must say thank God for 3.7, though, because that's what's really keeping me here. After the visitor comments were introduced, I felt like I was really getting to be a part of the community past what the Writer's Lounge enabled me to do by conversing almost one-on-one with other members all over the place. Really, I feel like I'm more of a part of the community than I had been back in 2004.

And, of course, it really helps that I've decreased my activity in PFU after five years working for that site. Stress < finding a better place, you know?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Ok all you young people prepare for the longest post to grace the face of this forum!

I was in my first year of college looking for something to do to whittle away the time between meals and was searching google for info on Emerald and FRLG. I stumbled upon a site called emuzone and found out that ou could play GBA games on your computer (automatically I was liek "Dood this be sweetness!") so I downloaded VBA and began to search for the roms I needed to play games and stumbled once again upon a game I had never heard of. ( I know most of you are thinking that I am referring to Shiny Gold, haha! No.) This game was called Pokemon Quartz so I played through what was the last beta before Baro finished it and thought it was cool that people could hack the games, so I began to look for the tools. While looking around on Baro's site I then noticed the 2nd beta of Shiny gold (which I played through in 2 hours). I was intrigued, there fore I searched yet again on google for Shiny gold.

And what to my wondering eyes should appear (no, not a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer) but the pokecommunity. So I signed up with what I believe to be the most noobish name evar, Girifarig. which by the way is not how you spell the pokemon's name (that's girifirig, there is no 'a') anyway so at first I basically hung around the hacking section and payed absolutely no attention whatsoever to any other forum other than Emulation. I was determined to try my hand at this hacking business. I kept at it for about the first 5 months I was here before finally telling myself that I will never get scripting or any of that and that my only talent for hacking was mapping and anyone can do that.

so I began looking at the other forums in the Creative Discussion page and found the graphics and photography section and began to become active in there. I started creating banners and other stuff and opened a couple shops though only 2 people ever requested from me (one of which is now a mod in movesets and strategies) so I took the hint that I was not what this forum wanted in the way of banner designer.

So I began looking around the forums again trying to find my place. I had finally expanded the forum header for Off-topic Chat and began posting a couple times in the DCC where I met probably the nicest people here and where I really began to interact with some of the staff and got to know them a little better. after a little while I began to think of this place as not just a forum, but as my way of getting out and talking to people outside of work. you see, all of my friends are in different states and I don;t get to speak with them often and every house around mine is a business, so there's really not many people to hang out with.

This place became my home on the internet, so I figured I'd help it out to stay as wonderful as it is so I donated a few bucks from my paycheck and became a supporter. I received the purple name and the perks that came with it, but it didn't make me popular. I was still relatively unknown until I really started posting more in the DCC and interacting more. so I began to do just that.

So everything was moving along smoothly an then some little n00b started boasting in the donation thread about how he was going to top the list and become Oh so popular by doing that. So I set the little n00b straight. and now he's like the most popular member around. whodathunkit.

well anyway that leads up til now. what does the future hold? If I knew I'd be on the news and good morning america and other junk I don't watch unless I want to nap.

OK so now that I've said all of this I want all runts who aren't related to me to get offa my lawn before I taze you! GO! :laugh: ZAP! :laugh:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • It's sad how I choose to do this over my homework >_>
    Mine's short. Mostly because my internet history started with PC :/

K umm... PC was my first forum ever, and I joined on October 19, 2004. I don't even remember my reasons for joining, I think I googled something at school, and BAM there was PC. All I remember from back then was being numbers in my name, and being a nooblet. People enjoy bringing up my noob days. And they all seemed to start enjoying it around the same time... Hmmm....

I was quite the little pairing <insert adjective> way back then. This was because I didn't understand what pairing meant, and when I asked, the people didn't know either so I just did it XD;

Then I learned and stayed unpaired for a few months ._.;
    THEN CAME MY JAPANESE MUSIC ADDICTION YEARS. They're still here, but they started in 2006 with my friend gave my a CD with the Inuyasha and Yugioh songs. I was amazed at hoe effing awesome all the songs were. From then on, it's almost all I listen to, but I'm broadening my horizons. I started listening to some Chinese, Korean, and Spanish music, but after I while, I went back to Japanese. I dunno, they just have a different way of playing I guess :/

Somewhere during this time, I met my besite, Arisa. We were NOOBS <3
    We met in the Fruits Basket fanclub, back when I bolded all my posts(ew), and we talked a little through private messages, and because excellant friends through AIM. Then we stopped talking and I (I'll admit) completely forgot who she was until we started talking again one day XD;

I THINK this was the friendship that put me in the chat with Marz, Harmony, Murderface, Aere, and others. Maybe after... an hour in that chat Harmony suggested me and Marz pair up, and neither of us really CARED at all, so we were like "lol k" and got paired. We survived to halfway up the pairing list (go us <3) and then we like... stopped being paired so I would be thrown at Murderface to be paired with him, and that didn't work out (I don't even know what happened). Me and Marz got paired AGAIN.

Drama happened, and I thought he was gone, so I took him out of my sig a few hours after everything happened. Then I was paired with Aere. I always mess up how that happened, so I won't go into it >_<

Um.

I love how more than half my history is my stupid pairing history XD;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My Forum History... Part 2

Oh god don't link to that post. It has so many typos and smilies and I must've been high on something. And why on earth couldn't I spell "bulletin" properly? Wow, jeez I guess I was kind of a noob even when I joined PC. I thought I was better. :( *shot*

So uh, let's see. That last post was posted in 2003 and it's been 5 years since then. Amazingly enough, I don't have THAT much history. Following that post, I was a member at my forums, PC, and TPM. I think something happened to my boards and they went down again, or I just closed them because of inactivity--I don't even remember at this point. All I know is they don't exist anymore and I don't care, haha.

Anyway, with my S-Mod spot and everything, I ended up focusing all of my time on PC and as a result, started visiting TPM less and less. It got to the point where I would get on for a few minutes everyday and not post anywhere so I was eventually demodded. That kind of bummed me but... hey, I like PC better anyway. :x

So PC drama happened, and probably more drama. And somewhere along the line I got fed up with S-Mod and certain drama and school and... lots of things. And I quit/left the staff for a while. Haha, that lasted like 3 weeks or something because I came back. I felt too guilty to take my S-Mod spot back, so I asked to mod Other Chat and also Webmaster's Discussion since I was used to both areas and they both needed a mod, iirc. Unfortunately, that sparked a ton of drama in WD because I wasn't one of the regulars. Even though it was the forum that made me join PC way back the first time. Wtf, guys. >:O But anyway, a few days later I just took my S-Mod spot back.

Somewhere in there, I got promoted to Praetor. And then I got promoted to Staff Admin soon after. And then there were lots of staff fights that Jorfe alluded to. And probably lots of other things happened, but it's all blurred together. I donated somewhere in there, and then quit alongside Jorfe on April 1 of last year because PC had lost its spark.

Of course, that change was just what I needed and I stayed active and reported like crazy and went insane any time a mod took too long to get to threads I'd found. Not to mention I still couldn't avoid all the staff drama because my best friends are mostly staff. So... yeah. I kind of asked to come back at some point and came back as Assistant Admin because again I felt too guilty to ask for my old spot. And then got promoted back to this spot so now I won't ever leave again. That's pretty much it as far as PC goes. I mean, I've reached the top of the ranks and now I just have to sit back, chill, and close a thread every now and then and I'm good for eternity. |D

So other forums... I've joined a few belonging to friends over the years and I think I started another forum and abandoned it. The only board I'm even slightly active on aside from PC though is Morkula's forums. Otherwise I've moved onto LJ to get my fandom fix, since it's all in one place. For some reason, I just cannot find a place aside from PC that draws me in so well. I'd need one hell of a reason to latch onto a new home forum and switch from PC. Probably something like PC dying completely.

Oh well. Until the next thread, then~

Years
  • Let's see, My forum life began sometime in 2000 when I joined a now closed Pokemon Forum called Bayleaf's Garden. I was eleven years old when they modded me in a forum of about 4000. I remained Moderator untill the forum was mysteriously closed sometime in 2003.
    Having absolutely nowhere to go, I found my way on to Serebiiforums. In March of 2005, Serebiiforums was down, and I really didn't understand why ( noob at the time xD ), so I joined Pokecommunity to ask Shadowfaith why Serebiiforums was down ( I lol at this now ).

So the entire reason I joined Pokecommunity was to ask a Noobish Question about a crappy Pokemon forum.

Sometime around 2007 I completely stopped going to Serebiiforums and made Pokecommunity my official home forum. I was extremely angry at the mods of Serebii for misinterpreting the rules with their own guidelines ( I was given an infraction for spam, even though I was making a relative post in my own thread ).

In February of 2008, I was given moderator status at the Pokemon Acanthite Forums for my Veteran Member status, my good behavior, and me never receiving an infraction for the two years I was with the project.

Who knows what the future will hold?

Wow, guess it wasn't as long as I thought it would be x3

XD I remember that...and SPPF is 10x worse XP

Let's see, I started of at he PKMN forums under the name RagingDragon where there was pretty much little to no activity and being a N00b (Yes a N00b) I got into a little trouble here and there. I was friends with a guy who's username I really can't remember and he was getting board of the PKMN forums and linked me to SPPF. So to keep in touch with him I joined as Raging Dragon (and later Strider) and took an instant liking to the RPG section. I don't know how because I had never RPGed before, I just did. I sucked at the first point, but because SPPF wasn't really that strict back in 2003 I got away will my dinky little post and RPGed alot with two forum members in particular (Eevee Trainer and Yami Ryu), we were really close friends and we started up an RPG together which was just some weird fantasy/adventrue story. Yami Ryu got modded in the RPG section and then things started to get a little stricter. Yami told us we couldn't keep doing the small posts and that we had to lengthen them and add more description. I still failed pretty miserably at it, but they were enough in length not to get me banned XP

Anyways, that carried on for about a year an a half I think and me and ET got better and better at RPGing, soon made a mew more friends there and I joined the Eeveelution club hat was Run by Eevee at the time. After a while Eevee became inactive and left two good friends of mine: Fab and Vaporeon Splash in charge of the club. I was really active because at the time I was pretty much in love with Vaporeon (the Pokemon) lol and I made my way up the ranks there and decided to join a few more clubs. In that year and a half, Yami and ET both disappeared after the Crash and then Re-start and then I was made RPG mod along with Lily Pichu (Lily here) and I think it was me, Lily, PorygonX and Dias that ran that place from then on. Made a few rules and RPG's there and the Eveelution club also got passed down to me and I was really happy to tell the truth =D I had no friends in real life so the internet was basically my home and I got told off alot for being on the comuter too much.

After a while I was modded at Clubs and Games, dispite the fact that I had no interest in teh Games section, so it wasn't long before I was asked to be de-modded there. In about 2005 I made an account here after looking up 'Pokemon Forums' on Google. I went by the name of Cursed Wolf then and my life here was short lived becase I couldn't get into it first time around. I went back to SPPF and carried on with life there. In about 2005/6 I was modded in Fanart and Alt Anime where I started the Bishy thread and that took off rather nicely. I gave Pkmncommunity another chance and went under the name RaginDragon here, I met some of y old friends that had left SPPF for here because it was getting to strict and I think in the same year I was modded in RPG's here to. I started the Bishy thread, which has now been completely taken over and has had god knows how many re-starts and I changed my name to Strider and then Shadowfaith on both forums (which I have mostly kept over the past two years, give or take a few name changes). When I got a job I loved at the end of 2006, I became completely inactive and half way through 2007 I had to ask to be de-modded both here and SPPF and I handed over control of Eeveelution Evolution mark II and III to Sapphire Dewgon.

I returned now and again to SPPF and Pkmncommunity, but soon I grew away from forums and abandoned them both. When I came back at the start of 2008 I saw that SD had become inactive and so I revived my account and handed over control of the club to Chatsy and asked for my job back as Mod at SPPF, now I'm only in charge of RPG which suits me fine. Only last week Chatsy announced that she would not return to the club and the Eeveelution Mark VI was passed on to Angeling at SPPF and I suppose here I am now.

I did go to a few other forums in my life which included:

The Turks.net: 2004 where I went by the name of Red XIII. It was a club dedicated to roleplaying mostly as Shinra Opratives and FFVII characters. Great fun but it went under after about a year or so due to inactivity.

Adventchildren: I was quite teh active member and again known as Shadowfaith. I was a member of Renegades of the Appocalypse and was more into general FFVII tlak than the roleplay area.

FinalFantasyForums: I was admin there for a short while before my inactivity in 2006 and tehn was demoded to Glob mod and then finally completely demodded. I went back there and was quite keen on the RPG section, but finally lost interest.

And there were a few others, but they were only minor ones. XP

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow, interesting topic :3

It was about August. I was really getting bored, I wanted to do something new. That time, I didn't even know what a forum was XD. I was already a big fan of pokemon. Then I went to some other sites which I found via google. I joined a pokemon forum waaaay back. I even forgot its name. Soon I became interested in rom hacking. In one of the sigs of my companion friend on the other forum. I saw "Pokemon Ice" a hack by Jeremy. I got interested in it and then clicked on the siggy. Yeah it linked me to this holy place called "Pokecommunity", PC in short. I read about the hack and I loved it. I hang around for some time and decided to join.

I didn't even know what to put as my Name in the registration, I was a total n00b. When I got registered, I made a thread in the New users welcome area. The thread was really newbish, I'm feeling so embarassed about the thread right now. I got about 5 replies, and I also replied really newbish replies at the same time. I didn't even read the rules at first, but then I knew it was important. If I hadn't read them, I'd be making spam and would have already got kicked out of this place XD. I tried gaining more knowledge here, nobody helped me at first -_- It was damn boring in the new days. I just hang around making really newbish posts, you should've seen them.

But then I started paying all my attention to this forums. I first wanted to make as many posts as I could. Well, you've got to admit, it's the aim of every newb XD. I wanted to be active and make friends. And so, I made some friends and now I enjoy this forums!
    Thats about it XD
    And it's all been pretty good since then.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Alright, my forum life really isn't that interesting but like, I'm home pretty early and need stuff to do XD; Most of this revolves around where I posted and how I met my friends :>

It all started when I joined sppf to read fanfiction and I really liked the whole forum idea and being able to talk to people who liked the same stuff as you. So I googled pokemon fanfiction and got a link to this forum. It was February 11th 2006 and I decided why not join this place too? :o So I created the account "KyokoButterfly15" and lingered around fanfics. I met my first friend DestineyOfAsh through my welcome thread and we'd pm eachother a lot. It was fun <3 I wanted to pm and get to know more people so I went into MCG.

I started a club called "The Drew and the Co-ordinators club" and people joined, but I only became friends with about 4 of them there XD Two weeks after joining and opening my club I got a pm from one of my other first forum friends, DreamBandit298 (Aere now) and he wanted to get paired and LOL we really didn't know what it was or if we should put it in our sigs or not, we just knew others were doing it XDD; So yeah, Jeffoo was my first pair and the person I've been friends with longest on PC <3

I began making more clubs and this is how I met my other best friend Teresa/Chikara 8D I was terrified of her because I was a big nooby and I thought she hated me because I was such a noob. I'd chatspeak everything and abuse graphical smilies, etc. But! As it turned out, she didn't totally hate me and we began talking, then stopped, then randomly started again :D Through clubs I met my other really great friends such as: Mayz (though we really didn't talk too much until we met in a group chat on msn and through a couple of PMs, I just posted in his club EVEN THOUGH YOU IGNORED ME FOR A WEEK MEANIE ;;) Klippy (Oh looooooool. We met through Ryan's fanclub. I was Ryan's PC mom and Klippy was his PC dad. We began talking about that and ecided to be ex-husband and wife. 2 years later we worked out our differences (b")b), Midori Chi (I met her in the manga creation club first I believe then I joined her fc and she became my sister in law <3), Emma (She commented one of my fanfictions so I joined her fanclub for fun \o/ Again, didn't start really talking until msn XD), Shirosaki (I met him in Emma's fc and thought he was freakishly cool so I had to join his fanclub), etc.

I met my 2nd pair, Ullion, in a club as well. We both posted in the foriegn language fanclub and we both were learning french. I'd talk to him a bit in there and one day he decided to join my fanclub. We started talking waaay more there and through PMs (this goes back to those bad days I didn't have msn :'D). Eventually he asked me to get paired and we lasted for quite some time o_o

I finally got msn and got back into touch with all my old friends I hadn't seen on PC in forever (mainly Klippy and Shirosaki, it had been almost a year since I talked to them last). I met A TON of othe people that way. I met my current close friends: Harmony, Midnight Beat and Murderface because of it <3333 and a bunch of other people too of course.

My third and current pair Kouyuu, I met in group chat. I had seen him around (aka at Teresa's graphic shop) and he seemed cool. I added him to msn and like, 3 days later after barely knowing him, asked him to be paired XD; He said ya obviously but I still thought it was kinda funny.

I also began posting around MCG a bit less and just lurked around ovp and oc and would post from timt to time. Then I think in February of this year I tried leaving. I sent all my friends goodbye PMs and everything DD: That lasted two weeks and I couldn't stand the thought of not talking to any of my friends anymore. So, I came back :> PC is just too cool ;;

Though I really haven't done much on here, I still met some of the best friends everrrrr and that's a big part of my forum life <3 Also...idk if this counts for the forum but I met a lot of cool members through LJ like, Amachi, Sachi etc.

That's it \o/

WAIT, MY FORUM LIFE WOULD NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT ALL MY USERNAMES: KyokoButterfly15, *Princess Seraphia*, Takara, Kyoko, Satsuki, Kyoko and now Arisa.

Last edited:
    Back