• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Flexes muscles* Nice workout bro!

Sirfetch’d

Do you workout and exercise? If so, what is your routine?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yes. I stopped for a long while, though, for reasons that I won't say. Wrong as they may have been. . .

Anyway, I do body-weight training. Read 'Push-ups, Sit-ups, Squats, etc. . .'.
    It was highly effective as well, the amount that I was doing, paired with what I was doing. I can still lift over twice my weight, with admittedly a bit more effort.
    I've only recently started again, after spending so long avoiding any sort of exercise, though; So I'm honestly still scrwany looking from that.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Yup on a regular basis. I seperate my workouts by Muscle Failure Days and Run Days.

Muscle Failure: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    -Pushups
    -Situps
    -One Leg Pushups
    -8 Count Pushups (sometimes I do this)
    -Straight Arm Pull Ups
    -Some other types of pull ups that I forgot the names of, one of which consists of pulling your legs above the bar

On Muscle Failure Days I do each of those exersizes until I reach muscle failure, take a 2-3 minute break and move on to the next exersize.

Run Days: Tuesday, Thursday
    -Tuesday is a 5-8 mile run, I try to keep a 1:45 pace (depending upon how far I feel like going)
    -Thursday is a 2 mile timed run. I try to finish at around 13 minutes.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Yes I do! Six days a week, Sunday being the 'rest' day. I follow a program online called 'maxworkouts' ...
    It's focused on High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) using weights and cardio. Wed and Sat are the cardio days.
    These workouts only last no more than 30mins but the high intensity will leave you struggling halfway through!
    The workout routine changes every three weeks to keep your muscles from adapting to the current routine, promoting growth.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Yep!! I go about twice a week but I'm looking to increase it.

Mine varies really.. but it will always include a HIIT cardio for at least 5 minutes to warm up.. then I hit weights for about 30-40 minutes.
    Some of the stuff I do includes 1 legged bridge, TRX plank, skullcrushers, squat presses/ lunges/ let press. Row, vertical traction, and weighted crunches (on the knees pulling the weight down.) Benching or trx pushups (or the same bicep focusing stuff on a yoga ball.)
    Sometimes I go for a spinning class.. maybe once a month?

Yesterday I did 2 unassisted TRX pullups in a row! :3 Very proud of myself.

I started going to the gym back in October 2012. I lost about 10lbs since then but not sure how much BF I've lost. I feel a lot stronger and better, which is what's more important to me.

I started with the measurements:
    33 Bust
    27 Waist
    35 Hips

and yesterday I was

32 Bust
    24 Waist
    33 Hips

Now I just want to lean up and tighten thighs/ upper arms.

I haven't taken any real "after" pics yet.. but I made a dressform last year for my cosplay and made another one this year for this year's cosplay.. where you can see the difference. (Don't mind that the old one was a bit askew.. I was mainly taping myself the first time I did it so I had a bit of an offset.. the second newer one I had some help.)

And this, also sorry, don't mind the messy room, I am usually super tidy but I've been busy making my costume so there's fabric and coffee mugs everywhere haha..
    Spoiler:

I have been making slow and steady progress, and I wanted to give up like after 2 months in the beginnning since I saw NO results.. but then decided to focus more on strength and posture, instead of image.. and I guess I just slowly progressed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I go to the gym once every two days, so that's about three to four times a week. I usually do 45 minutes of cardio every time I go there, as well as 15 minutes of miscellaneous exercises such as pull-ups, press-ups, sit-ups, and squats. I also do some strength training from time to time, because I want to prevent my muscles from looking too thin. xD" The heaviest weight I've lifted so far during the training is 35 lbs. I could lift heavier weights, but that would end up making my muscles look too big, which I wouldn't like.

Years
  • I am so lazy. I wish I had the motivation to work out, all I get from my mother is "Why don't you eat?" But the answer is simple, I don't use enough energy to need to eat.
    I suppose I'm good at preserving energy you could say.
    I mean not eating keeps me thin and I'll eat when I feel hungry don't get me wrong but I suppose I'd prefer a little more muscle on my bones.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I go to the gym once every two days, so that's about three to four times a week. I usually do 45 minutes of cardio every time I go there, as well as 15 minutes of miscellaneous exercises such as pull-ups, press-ups, sit-ups, and squats. I also do some strength training from time to time, because I want to prevent my muscles from looking too thin. xD" The heaviest weight I've lifted so far during the training is 35 lbs. I could lift heavier weights, but that would end up making my muscles look too big, which I wouldn't like.

Actually, women don't bulk like men do. It's a myth. Women will have to do A LOT of intensive training to even slightly begin to bulk like a man.. and purposely have a bulking diet to do so. Has to do partly with testosterone/ estrogen, but also partly to diet.

The Truth: I'm not sure who first pioneered this idea that heavy weights will bulk you up, but it has stuck over the years and erroneously makes many people—both men and women—afraid of lifting heavy weights. While there is some truth to the idea that lifting lighter weights for more reps does a better job of increasing the muscular endurance, lighter weights will not help you "tone" better than heavy weights. In fact, because heavier weights build the strength of your muscles (and the size to a small degree—no Hulk action here), thereby helping to increase your metabolism and burn fat, lifting heavier weights with fewer reps (8 to 12 on average) and working until you're fatigued is more effective at helping you reach your toning goals than lifting lighter weights. Not to mention that it's more time efficient, too!

;3 Just a bit of info for ya~ <3

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i use to walk and run a mile everyday. with work and college being so crazy now, i don't have time D:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Nope! My arms look a little something like this

ugh do you know how hard it was to find a picture of just one noodle

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • I'm not exactly what you'd call a regular exerciser. Mostly because I forget with all the other things on my mind.

But when I do remember, it's usually only a few pushups (My record is 20 in one go), situps (managed about 30 once), squats (that achievement was recently unlocked) and a failed attempt at pullups (can't even do one).

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I used to go to the YMCA to work out a few years ago but that stopped due to finances. I still tried to take walks every day or every other day, but I've gotten lazy over the last couple of years. Occasionally I'd get out a workout DVD like Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and I tried Insanity at one point, but that was too much for me in my current shape.

I did finally get myself a new membership at the YMCA since I'm doing a bit better financially, and I'm planning on getting back into the swing of things tomorrow morning. :)
    Haven't figured out a routine yet. I know I'll definitely be using the elliptical machines a lot. Probably just other basic weight training with the machines. I'll get something figured out! :P

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I haven't worked out in a week but I'd normally do push ups everyday, lift weights every other day, and whatever days I wasn't lifting weights would be the days that I would go jogging.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Started working out around a year ago now but it's only recently that girls have acknowledged it and began admiring me in public. Feels good bros.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I usually just go on a walk in nice weather usually in late afternoon(might go on one soon actually) Ive been meaning to swim but I just have had no enthusiasm for it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I lift every other day and 20 mins of cardio on the in-between days. Just trying to improve my stamina, whilst it would be nice to GET RIPPED FAST I have neither the motivation nor the capacity to change my diet

Its really amazing how just after a week or two of regular cardio you really start to notice your endurance improvements. Anyone can do it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've been working out all year and I've lost roughly 30 pounds. I've been doing 30 min of treadmill, 30 min of zumba, and 15 min of some arm/muscle workouts. With that routine I tend to get extremely tired at times haha xD

Since school started, I've been lacking a lot lately yet I have so much time in the morning. I really should get back into it since I've accomplished so much.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    > "exercise"

*coughs* *chokes* *screams* *wails* *rolls on floor in pain* *dies*

Years
  • I don't lift at all, but over the summer I was walking on a regular basis in the mornings, but I've stopped doing that pretty much because it's getting darker and darker. I wish I had a treadmill though to continue my walks.

Back